It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion, what a farce it is.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

And another.

askabiologist.asu.edu...

These are great. Feel free to ask questions.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Dude. 5 links. They all lead to the technical explanations. for #s sake. You haven't looked at them.

Dude
Come on
You can read can't you
Seriously, it's not fun anymore

The scientific method is evidence, not suggestion or proposal.

Maybe go to a college and ask a professor what the scientific methods is and how it works and what the difference the scientific method is to proposal and suggestion

Then come back to me

Why do you hate science, the scientific method, why do you poison science, pervert it

Dude, science hater, surely in those 5 links, you should be able to find the scientific method used, cut and paste it here for everyone to see and shut me up
easy Peasy for the win
Go Woody

#ing troll.

Science hating sook

I watched mr wrong ham, no scientific methodology offered
Thanks for wasting 10 minutes of my life on a clown show, I won't waste my time on any more of your stupid links
If there are so many, find a link with the methodology used and cut and paste that one
You said you only found one with the information, can't cut and paste it, really,, really, how unfortunate
The one big winner and you can't use it, tee her

Can we now discuss the meaning of scientific method

It seems we need to leave the cooking evolution issue aside and get back to basics, primary school education stuff

Do you know what the scientific method is Woody
It's off topic, I might start a thread and ask scientists, real scientists on this site to explain the scientific method,
Maybe better if I asked lower school teachers for some peoples sake

The trick, scientific method, not assumption and suggestion

You have nothing

Why do you hate and pervert science, you are like a Catholic priest with a child
Why do you hate science, why pervert science, do you understand science and the scientific method

Can you explain scientific method to me, Mr science perverter, hater

Come on Woody, I am sure you understand the game, I can play along as well
You offer up conjecture, I ask for science
Non of those links I wasted my time on showed any scientific method, only suggestion and assumption

Come on, stop poisoning science and use the scientific method.
Repeatable
Observable
And testable
edit on 1-1-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Dude. 5 links. They all lead to the technical explanations. for #s sake. You haven't looked at them.

Dude
Come on
You can read can't you

Maybe go to a college and ask a professor what the scientific methods is and how it works and what the difference the scientific method is to proposal and suggestion

Then come back to me

Why do you hate science, the scientific method, why do you poison science, pervert it

Dude, science hater, surely in those 5 links, you should be able to find the scientific method used, cut and paste it here for everyone to see and shut me up
easy Peasy for the win
Go Woody

#ing troll.

Science hating sook

Yep. That's what i thought. What is a sook? If you could only describe what it is you are talking about, maybe i could help you. Is there a translator around you that could explain what you mean? This language barrier is really a problem.
edit on 1-1-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Dude
Come on
You can read can't you

Then come back to me

easy Peasy for the win
Go Woody

#ing troll.

Science hating sook

Yep. That's what i thought. What is a sook? If you could only describe what it is you are talking about, maybe i could help you. Is there a translator around you that could explain what you mean? This language barrier is really a problem.

I have the definition but it's on a page I can't cut and paste it to from that site

Ha, ha,ha

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Dude
Come on
You can read can't you

Then come back to me

easy Peasy for the win
Go Woody

#ing troll.

Science hating sook
lol. It is 11 years of research. No i can't compress that into one post. You have to read it all. Sorry that reading is so frustrating for you.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Dude
Come on
You can read can't you

Then come back to me

easy Peasy for the win
Go Woody

#ing troll.

Science hating sook
something is very wrong with you. You have no intention of reading anything i have posted. You are only here to antagonize and troll whoever will give you some attention. i am sorry i let you draw me into another waste of time. It won't happen again. From now on i will simply ignore you like everyone else does.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Religion, what a farce it is.

Farce. Hmm... According to who? Why a farce? What makes it a "farce"?

Denigrating the beliefs of the majority of the people around you, to a lesser or greater degree, really isn't proving a thing, y'know. Doesn't make for a very convincing argument...IMHO.

Are you trying to convince me? Or yourselves?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Dude
Come on
You can read can't you

Then come back to me

easy Peasy for the win
Go Woody

#ing troll.

Science hating sook
lol. It is 11 years of research. No i can't compress that into one post. You have to read it all. Sorry that reading is so frustrating for you.

That's great news
I am so pleased you have no capacity to show any evidence
Your lack of knowledge of scientific method indicates your lack f confidence in science

It is a shame you have the reality of science, that you have perverted science, that you are a science troll, poisoning it at its root

11 years of assumption and suggestion without empirical evidence and you think I have your faith in boffins

Sorry Woody, sorry for embaracing you, your faith, your insipid grasp of science

11 years of research and no scientific method or empirical evidence

Homo sapiens became what they are from cooking, that's a good one, many will believe it, confirmation bias, faith and blind stupidity

Funny thing, it could be true, just havnt seen the evidence, the real evidence based on the scientific method

Do you understand the statement Scientific method, doubt it

I will always be here for you, always ask for the empirical evidence based on the scientific methods, see Woody, that's how real science is done, real science, not the pop.psychology science you claim
What do nerds say, Bazinga?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Couldn't agree more.

Most of the worlds ills and wars caused by illogical beliefs.

Brainwashing and fear to control the sheep.

Deny religious nonsense folks.....

a reply to: BlackProject

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc
Getting right to it. Your OP goes nowhere, no one is better for having read it, and it'll change no one's mind about anything whatsoever.

You say this:

originally posted by: BlackProject
Most religions thrive off the feeling of being all powerful, all knowing and make a living out of it at the same time. Since the dawn of time.

And then this:

It would be obvious then that religion is young in our lives

So which is it? Religion the eternal force of oppression, since the dawn of time; or religion, the relatively new-founded usurper of human decency?

Why can't you people even manage to string together an argument?

''Why can't you people even manage to string together an argument?'' You people,
Thats very funny.

Anyway. Regarding your very obvious confusion on simple subjects. It is young and it is used to control people, dawn of time being since people in general knew how to use it to control. Not the actual beginning of time. Seriously.

Rome didn't rule the world always but it did come in at one point in history and do a dam good job of leaving its footprint.

Moving on....

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Dude
Come on
You can read can't you

Then come back to me

easy Peasy for the win
Go Woody

#ing troll.

Science hating sook

I have the definition but it's on a page I can't cut and paste it to from that site

Ha, ha,ha

Gang, ATS has hit a new low. Maybe when someone sobers up and rereads what they wrote. They will see it. The thread is about is religion even relevant in today's educated society and mans inate need to be the supreme creature in the universe and fabricated answers to every question. Religion is nothing but a wish and simple dumbed down answers to complicated questions. Fabricated in every way. No links nor methodology needed. Stop the stupid stuff.

Denny

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DDAY228
Couldn't agree more.

Most of the worlds ills and wars caused by illogical beliefs.

Brainwashing and fear to control the sheep.

Deny religious nonsense folks.....

a reply to: BlackProject

yeah i know... - but many kéep going on about 'bad obama' and 'good trump' ....

Falling for every religious oneliner

so
..how you suggest we Rout that out, this fundamental treat of human, dubbed religion ?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

This thread is about meat eating and evolution of Homo sapiens, I just asked for evidence.

I thought this thread was about Religion being a farce and how it developed as it pertains to morality.

When did it become a topic about meat eating and evolution??

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

This thread is about meat eating and evolution of Homo sapiens, I just asked for evidence.

I thought this thread was about Religion being a farce and how it developed as it pertains to morality.

When did it become a topic about meat eating and evolution??

Really, a few need to get a life and get out of the basement. The title is pretty clear. Ain't cool to act like an internet ass and think you are slick.

Frankly I had no interest at all in religeon until I traveled South America using guides to learn the culture and history as presented by the people who live there. I did international medical business development for a living traveling many, many parts of the world. One of the things on my list to was visit the great churches and mosques of the world. Not to study religion, but because they were really cool. Really cool. No interest in religion, just site seeing.

In South America I learned and saw first hand the real truth of what the Catholic Church had really done. In hindsight, the things I had spent literally decades seeing with no meaning all of and sudden hit me. Stolen money, con artists with no morals. Organized religion isn't here to save you, it helps itself. The people who claim high ground and tell us they gave us morals, are thieves n professional con men. The entire Vatican needs to be in jail. Even the UN told the Vatican to stop hiding/protecting child sexual abuse and stop it.

Can be as very detailed in what I learned, no need to post nabed pictures, can post the ones I took along with the story. Organized religion has abused mankind. They need to give back the money they stole and duped people out of. Den of thieves. Professional liners. Every bit of it is frabracated for money and power. No links needed.

Denny

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaCook

Really, a few need to get a life and get out of the basement. The title is pretty clear. Ain't cool to act like an internet ass and think you are slick.

I hope that wasn't directed toward me for simply asking a question.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

No not at all. In fact, I was agreeing with you. Sorry if you took it that way. The people whom it was directed at know. This thread got really off base and I'm being somewhat restrained on how weird it got. Religion is a scam and nothing more. Plain n simple.

When you have the trend of actors with mega churches owning private jets so they can talk to god without being disturbed, (Kenneth Copeland) what does that really tell ya. WWE?

Denny

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

How can me asking for evidence of the topic being discussed be derailing the topic.
Or in your opinion, is asking for scientific evidence about a suggestion or belief an attack on science, therefore I am implying you hate the scientific method
It seems that way

The topic of this thread is religion, not evolution. You are just angry because science gives probabilities based on evidence instead of absolute dogma that can't be changed nomatter what the evidence says, just as your religion does.

edit on 1 2 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

How can me asking for evidence of the topic being discussed be derailing the topic.
Or in your opinion, is asking for scientific evidence about a suggestion or belief an attack on science, therefore I am implying you hate the scientific method
It seems that way

The topic of this thread is religion, not evolution. You are just angry because science gives probabilities based on evidence instead of absolute dogma that can't be changed nomatter what the evidence says, just as your religion does.

That's not really true
I just want empirical evidence not assumption that means I don't want my science to be based on faith
I am not even in the slightest bit angry at all, just happy to have a conversation and explain the stupidity of some peoples faith

I think you and a few others are angry because you can't use science to shut my argument down

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

No not at all. In fact, I was agreeing with you. Sorry if you took it that way. The people whom it was directed at know. This thread got really off base and I'm being somewhat restrained on how weird it got. Religion is a scam and nothing more. Plain n simple.

When you have the trend of actors with mega churches owning private jets so they can talk to god without being disturbed, (Kenneth Copeland) what does that really tell ya. WWE?

Denny

I agree, religion, even religion masquerading as a science is a scam

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join