It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia US War? Moscow Diplomats Expelled From United States, Sanctions Announced

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

By Tom O'Connor
Washington expelled 35 Russian diplomats from U.S. soil Thursday and closed two major Moscow-controlled compounds in New York and Maryland, as tensions between the two superpowers escalated after Obama accused the Kremlin of interfering in the presidential election.

The diplomats were given 72 hours to leave the U.S. and authorities would begin blocking access to official Russian compounds in New York and Maryland beginning noon Friday, an unnamed U.S. official told Reuters. The official claimed the actions were in response to Russia's treatment of U.S. diplomats.

Russia US War? Moscow Diplomats Expelled From United States, Sanctions Announced

President Obama's administration is taking more steps to impose sanctions on Russia, as the U.S. administration continues to claim that Russia interfered with the U.S. election.

For those of us who have been following the election it is clear the Obama administration does not want to admit that Trump won because the American people chose him, and hence these claims were made up that "Russia interfered".

We have seen in the forum some threads in which it is claimed that Russian hackers hacked some DNC staff computers, and hence interfered with the U.S. election. But last I checked the U.S. has also hacked other governments, and spied on them, including our allies. Is the U.S. government guilty of interfering with the elections of Europe, Russia, and every other nation they have hacked? Of course not. This is simply an excuse made up by the Obama administration to claim that Trump didn't win fairly, despite wikileaks showing that the ones hacking and interfering with the election were DNC officials and people working for the DNC.

Here is a list of some of the sanctions implemented by the Obama administration against Russia.

Part of what tells me this has been orchestrated is the fact that in April 2015 the Obama administration issued an executive order that allows the US to retaliate against cyberattacks to include those "interfering with or undermining election processes or institutions."

Obama issues new sanctions against Russia, ejects 35 Russian diplomats over election-related hacking

But recently the Obama administration updated the executive order to impose sanctions on nine Russian entities.

Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova stated Russia will take similar steps in response to the sanctions.

By Evan Perez and Daniella Diaz, CNN
Russia's reaction
Russia swiftly responded to the actions Thursday. Russia will respond to any "hostile steps" that the US may take in response to allegations of hacking during the 2016 election, according to the official representative for the ministry.
Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said similar steps will be taken in response to the expulsions, though she did not immediately provide further details. Dmitri Peskov, a spokesman for Russian President Vladimir Putin, told reporters there is "no alternative to reciprocal measures," adding that Putin is "in no rush to make a decision."

www.cnn.com...

President Obama seems to want to leave the Presidency by alienating foreign governments, including Israel, as much as possible and bringing us closer to a possible war with Russia. That seems to be the legacy that President Obama wants to be remembered for.

Let's hope this ends before the Obama administration starts a war with Russia.

edit on 30-12-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

edit on 30-12-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct link.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse
No war, because Putin surely has too much sense to take the bait. He will wait it out.
Meanwhile, continuing to shut the Americans out of Syrian peace negotiations.

edit on 30-12-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Obama has been blaming others his entire Presidency.

You know, for being a highly educated Harvard man, you'd think he'd exit with some grace. He really looks so petty and small in his final days.

No, a war with Russia is not coming. On the contrary, I foresee a new partnership with our comrades that has been long overdue.
edit on 30-12-2016 by Tempter because: Sp

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
No war, because Putin surely has too much sense to take the bait. He will wait it out.
Meanwhile, continuing to shut the Americans out of Syrian peace negotiations.

You say shutting out. That's not the case. The current regime does not want peace, or at least cannot make it because they started the run-up to the war.

Lest we forget this is Obama and Hillary fault.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I do not think that is what precipitated this. Trump tweeted he would accelerate the arms race on Twitter. Putin has a response to that, not on Twitter, of course, but in an official platform.

There may have been further response from Russia.

Trump needs to learn to shut his mouth.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I'm pretty sure Putin needs American support especially when China have plans take over the Siberian regions (There was a thread on this a while back)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

There is no prospect of a war over this , anyone who can remember the cold war will be familiar with diplomatic expulsions and retaliatory expulsions that follow , although with just 3 weeks of this president left it remains to be seen how far Russia wishes to retaliate.
The old adage a new broom sweeps clean applies here , Putin won't want to ruffle too many feathers with his chosen one coming into office soon.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

You know, for being a highly educated Harvard man, you'd think he'd exit with some grace. He really looks so petty and small in his final days.

No, a war with Russia is not coming. On the contrary, I foresee a new partnership with our comrades that has been long overdue.

Who exactly has Obama blamed that didn't deserve it?

You are looking forward to a new partnership with our comrades? The Russian people would be our comrades. The Russian government, not so much. They certainly don't like you, so I have no idea why you would seek their friendship.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I'm pretty sure Putin needs American support especially when China have plans take over the Siberian regions (There was a thread on this a while back)

LOL. China and Russia are allies and Trump is about to screw China over.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Friends?

Here's the thread that tells about China's future plan to backstab Russia (And this is coming from from the horses' mouth)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

China and Russia have been friends for decades , the encroachment of the West on both their territories solidifies that friendship further.

Russia and China signed 30 cooperation agreements on June 25.
The deals were signed after Russian President Vladimir Putin held talks with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping. The deals covered trade, infrastructure, technology, agriculture, finance and energy.
rbth.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Friends for Decades?

They were enemies in the Cold War!

In fact they even were close to fighting a war in 1969.

Russia and China's alliance is only temporary. Once they don't need each other anymore China will do whatever takes to seize control of the Siberian regions.

edit on 12/30/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Even so, the fact that Russia and Turkey could broker a cease-fire without involving the Americans has to be regarded as a humiliation for American diplomacy. The complete reverse of what Kissinger was aiming at after the Yom Kippur war.

edit on 30-12-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

The new Secretary of State is one of Putin's good buddies, both Putin and he have a lot of money to make with Trump creating policy. Since we don't know about Trump's financial ties, we cannot be certain that Trump isn't sitting with a stake in Russia oil fields, or the Russian pipeline in Syria, or if he is ball's deep in Russian pockets. We already know his Secretary of State is conflicted dues to the business ties and frozen business arrangements between Exxon and Moscow.

At this point senior members or the DNC, GOP, FBI, CIA, NSA and the white House are all saying the same thing, that Russia did commit cyber espionage on the US. Republicans are on record confirming this information which indicates this is not partisan fake news to "get" the other side. Russia and the US have been mortal enemies for decades and both countries seem to have a conflict of interest in the middle east regarding the control of the oil markets. To whole sale trust Putin and a man who has not been properly vetted, president elect or not, over our own institutions is foolish.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Tempter

Who exactly has Obama blamed that didn't deserve it?

You are looking forward to a new partnership with our comrades? The Russian people would be our comrades. The Russian government, not so much. They certainly don't like you, so I have no idea why you would seek their friendship.

The same people blame Obama, for an economy that W put in the toilet, that's how the real blame game goes.

America hasn't been so bad off in over half a century and they blame Obama for it not being 1983 all over again.

Obviously these Trump loving people don't know very many old school Russians either, they will eat Trumps lunch and make him watch if he were in a room with them, Russia will rise again and we will be their stepping stone.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

It definitely looks like Obama tries to make the job for Trump as hard as possible.

Which makes me imagine Obama with blond locks, totally Falcon Crest. In case you don't know that, it's pretty ancient, link. Drama baby!

Sad really I until the Israel affront, I still was kind of pro Obama. Except the drone killing thing. The American president has too much power, things like that should be public vote.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Is CNN still a reliable source? I thought it was fake news.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Putin has outlasted 4 Presidents over the last 25 years. He plays the long game while our leaders can't see past their next election or setting themselves up in a cushy lobbyist or "think tank" job.

I don't think Russia will be baited by Obama's spiteful little temper tantrums knocking over lamps while he's being dragged out the door.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
My feeling is that the current powers in Washington are deflecting attention away from what ever they are trying to hide again. I believe they ( Obama, Bush, and Clinton camps ) are truly afraid of the new Trump administration disclosing a lot for their dirty secrets. My imagination is running wild on what those secrets could be?
edit on 30-12-2016 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

My response:

Obviously aliens. I am dead serious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join