It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Message Warning Residents: “something terrible is going to happen”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Don't know if this is a prediction or a warning...but I came across it on the Internet tonight and saw it references a cryptic 'event' which may or may not occur on December 31.
It seems that warnings (in the form of cards placed on hundreds of parked cars) are appearing around suburbs of Chicago warning residents that "something terrible is going to happen" in Aurora, Illinois on December 31st., 2016.

Wacky religious prediction? Fake News? Terror warning?...who knows?

I'm just sharing it for all to mock, speculate upon, research, debunk...etc.

After all, here on ATS, we all love these mysterious predictions...especially when we don't have to wait forever to see if they pan out.
In this case...we have THREE more days to wait.

FROM the article:

Police are investigating after cards warning residents that “something terrible is going to happen” were left on hundreds of cars at numerous suburban locations over the weekend.

HERE is the entire message:

According to police, the cards and signs read:
“Something terrible is going to happen in Aurora 12/31/16. The wise will find the truth and act before it is too late. If you are vigilant and watchful the clues will appear as you travel the roadways. The answer is all around you but will you find it before the evil is done?”

Authorities stressed they “do not want the community to panic,” and said numerous law enforcement agencies are involved in the investigation.

The cards were found Sunday on vehicles in the Fox Valley mall, the Wheaton Bible Church, the Willow Creek Church and AMC Movie Theaters in South Barrington.

Similar signs were also found at Studio Drive and Barrington Road in South Barrington. Aurora police said as of Thursday there were no suspects.

“While we’re not certain as to what the meaning behind the messages are, we do not want the community to panic. The incidents do serve as an excellent illustration of everyone’s role in keeping our community safe in that any suspicious behavior, no matter how insignificant it may seem, should be called into 911 immediately. If possible, taking a photograph or video of the suspicious behavior is also recommended as long as doing so would not put someone in immediate danger.”

So, is something terrible really going to happen in Aurora on December 31, 2016?

strangesounds.org...

Have fun with THIS one, ATS!
edit on 28-12-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2016 by IAMTAT because: photo added

edit on 28-12-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
1. Connections to Aurora, CO?

2. Connections to The Dark Knight (ala Aurora, CO - one of the locations was a movie theatre)?

3. Connections to the local Islamic population (ala last year's New Year's Eve rape attack in Germany)?

4. Easy to reach for the local ghetto population for possible flash mob attacks?

These are just some top of my mind possibilities for jumping down the rabbit hole. This sort of thing is most likely a sick prank, but these are just some brain storming thoughts.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Had not heard about this yet, and I'm in Central IL. Thanks for the post. I have some friends up that way and will see if I can find out more.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

1. Connections to Aurora, CO?

2. Connections to The Dark Knight (ala Aurora, CO - one of the locations was a movie theatre)?

Could also tie in to some of these being left at an AMC theater. The Co. incident wasn't at that chain, but who knows.

File it all under "things that make you go Hmmm"

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

If you are vigilant and watchful the clues will appear as you travel the roadways.

Viral marketing ?

At least there's not long to wait.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Nothing is going to happen. You heard it here first !

Until Trump is inaugurated, it's all going to be peaceful and smooth.

But, come Jan 20th, sell stocks.

You've heard the saying "Buy the rumor, sell the fact!"

Well the stock market has surged upwards on the "rumor" that Trump will be the next president.

On the day that this becomes a "fact" the market will experience a huge "sell off."

This is a guaranteed law of investing.

It always happens.

Like clockwork.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Hadn't thought of a political connection to this...but, who knows?

Interesting it says clues are on the highways.

link   

anti-abortion clinic responsible??
here

A Facebook page that mirrored the language on the cards and signs — but did not offer further specifics on what "terrible" thing would supposedly happen — was at one point taken down but has resurfaced, this time with messages condemning abortion and with images depicting bloodied fetuses. "We believe it may be related to an anti-abortion group," said police spokesman Dan Ferrelli.

thanks,
blend57

wanted to add this peach:

In a long post published Friday morning, the author took an authoritative and religious tone, claiming that abortion is evil and results in children becoming "legally murdered." Pregnancy centers win early victory against Illinois abortion info law Pregnancy centers win early victory against Illinois abortion info law "This is the terrible event that is going to happen on 12/31/16," the author wrote. "Around 30 pre-born boys and girls are scheduled to be mass-murdered at Planned Parenthood in Aurora because their parents decided that murder was better than being good parents, that mutilating their child to death was better than adoption."

Way to make everyone fear for their lives mister. .. (just my opinion..could've got the word out in a better way)
edit on 28-12-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

link   
Ewww, the black and white effect makes it even more 'official' looking.

link   
Badselfeater v.2?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Churches okay, but at theaters and a mall there should be cameras abound. No footage of the doom solicitors?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Apparently they were left by an anti abortion group the police are stating.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
Apparently they were left by an anti abortion group the police are stating.

Maybe, but where does any of that have anything to do with abortion?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
when I first read about the warning for Aurora

I thought to myself which one.... Colorado, Seattle, California... & i'm sure there are other towns named Aurora in many other states

(just like there are a host of Florence named towns in the USA which are home to Prisons of some renown)

Aurora like Florence are names that have a mystery about them, an 'energy' that swirls around the towns/cities with those names

so I am unconvinced that Aurora Illinois is the focus... unless the BLM or other paid rioters are going to break-loose in Chicago and the plans were concocted in Aurora... just like Malaysia & Kuala Lumpur are vaguely connected to 911

I was pigeon-holing Aurora until I heard-read more, or seen some interest growing,,,

still waiting for CT to develop

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

something terrible is going to happen.

Nothing will happen.

Thank me later.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
That is very interesting. Fox Vallet mall is one of the places where the Christmas fights broke out. Wonder if there's a connection?

I lived in Naperville for a couple of years and worked at Fox Valley mall. I hope nothing bad happens!

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Have to go with Zombie Apocalypse on this.

Aurora is going to be ground zero.

You heard it here first.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You heard it here first.

Adding one wrinkle:
'Zombie GNOME Apocalypse'
www.abovetopsecret.com...

BTW: Welcome back DBC

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

something terrible is going to happen.

Nothing will happen.

Thank me later.

Now I'm really worried something will happen.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You heard it here first.

Adding one wrinkle:
'Zombie GNOME Apocalypse'
www.abovetopsecret.com...

BTW: Welcome back DBC

You laugh now ... but when they gnaw your ankles off, we'll just see who has the last, splintery moan.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join