It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Lung Cancer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I joined today after more than ten years of lurking because i want you to know I support you. My mother passed in August of this year after fighting lung cancer for nearly a year. We weren't always the type to see eye to eye but i miss her nearly every day. I can only hope you keep fighting regardless of how hard it is.

I've read more than a few posts from you in the past and although i may not know you as well as some people here i can say that few people and most especially not you deserve this experience. It's never the evil and truly rotten people in this world that suffer.

Much love to you,
Robert AKA Morbidlynx

edit on 18-12-2016 by Morbidlynx because: Two instead of ten, auto correct.

edit on 18-12-2016 by Morbidlynx because: Thanks autocorrect

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
God is still in the business of miracles and I'm praying for one for you.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You will beat it.

I've thought about the big "C" recently. Aside from the whole cancer impact itself, how would I handle the hair loss from chemo?

So, in this trying time, a little levity might be in order. I thought about the wig option or bald and beautiful, but since I can no longer easily do the beautiful part, it's the wig or outrageous.

I thought about blue dye and telling folks I'm Zhaan from Farscape but with an older, rounder body I'd probably look like I've been chewing the Three Course Dinner Chewing Gum.

At the end of time and matter, everyone is meeting at Milliways.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
God dammit. I can't believe this. I can't even collect my thoughts. There aren't any words that are sufficient. And if there were someone probably already said it.

I can only say that I'm just so sorry. And that we love you. And with all my heart I'm praying for/pulling for you. You take that spunk and ferocity and you fight. Kick cancer's ass. And if you can't do that, kick life's ass. And, if there is any chance, kick AM's ass too. I mean, just for the lulz. He won't mind.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Get well and go science! The pace of advancement is accelerating rapidly. May your fight be tolerable and a winning one. Best wishes Kali!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I'm not really sure why I'm posting this, I was very superstitious before about letting so many people that dislike me know that I'm fighting for my life. Pretty silly, I know... this isn't for them anyway, though I wish them all well in their own personal lives. I just feel like it this time, I guess.

I'm not a fan of you and we exchanged lots of insults in the past but sympathize with you. I have personnal experience with cancer and understand what you're going through.

but please spare me the miracle cures and chemo kills stuff, I trust science.

I've chosen to save alternatives for the last resort and will look into all the suggestions that have been posted, I do truly appreciate the kind place they come from.

The decision is yours and only yours. It is not my policy to put pressure at suggesting something in these situations, but you seem to be well aware of the prognosis.

If you want some info on the biochemistry involved with such cancer variant (non-small cell but still interesting), here is a good read:
The role of mitochondria in the development and progression of lung cancer

ETA: This link is more specific and suggest ketogenic diet not appropriate:
Cancer Stem Cells in Small Cell Lung Cancer Cell Line H446

There are many sides that must be attacked to combat cancer and sadly there exist no magic bullet. Some of my favorites are:
- Blood glucose reduction and minimization of insulin secretion.
- Lactic acid reduction at all cost; ask your surgeon to avoid Lactate Ringer solution during intervention. Lactate promote metastasis. Maybe a transporter blocker like Quercetin would help. Low carb diet may minimize lactate production (ref. Glucose Paradox).
- Mitochondrial antioxidant like C60 in olive oil (don't laugh at this, it is seriuous stuff). ROS overload in mitochondrion seem central in small cell carcinoma.
- Some cancer react well to ketogenic diet but other can feed on it, not sure about this one. This cancer come from highly undifferentiated cells so it is a good guess to think they may not be able to fuel on ketones.

If you choose to goes the carrot juicer way, be aware that ALL carbs will transform into glucose in blood. If you don't believe that cancer cells are big glucose hog, ask your doc how a PET scan is able to detect cancer activity.

Also be aware that corticosteroid increase considerably blood glucose level and cause insulin resistance.

Good luck to you and keep the fighting attitude.
edit on 19-12-2016 by Cofactor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I can't stand your politics at all, but I am sure you are a good person.

I wish you the best of luck in your battle.

Stick around so we can argue about a bunch of crap that really doesn't matter at the end of the day!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I...

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

You have my deepest sympathies and i really feel bad for you and your situation ....

And i really suck at these kinds of things
I lost my mother and my sister both at a way to young age actually and reading this sort of thing.... it chokes me up and i really wish i could have said something that could have made a difference.

I hope you have good family around you that makes all the difference and may you still have many smiles.

And that is coming from someone who does not align for even 1% of your political views.

I hope you do as well as possibly can and God bless you
-Everyone

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoMon, 19 Dec 2016 02:00:30 -060016201612America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Hang in there . You have to stubborn as HADES. I was and still am...5 year survivor .
Give up ? Hell , I aint even going to give in . That aint me...
edit on 12/19/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Dang!
I just read this thread.....and it sucks.
I don't think that I've ever agreed to much of what you've posted on here, but that doesn't take away from the #ty feeling that I get from reading this.

We're a community here. And like all GREAT communities, we need our personal checks and balances. We NEED every damn member here. We NEED to respect and love each other and our differing views.

It just seems like there's too much of this going on within our community lately. And every damn thread like this sucks.

I'll give what good karma I have left in hopes that our community can remain healthy.

(Also, I kinda like hot bald chicks with tenacity
)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I just wish I could grab every one as kids and somehow make them never ever smoke, I myself had throat cancer in my 20's yet I've never ever smoked but my parents were avid smokers and its likely I was a 2nd hand pickup of the disease. I was lucky and I'm 55 now but I so wish people would stop, it really is a problem.

As for you Kali, I offer my best wishes and as much positive hope that they get this thing, as you say, science is getting so much better and although I'm not religious I pray in my own way that the universe looks after you.

But as every one keeps saying, DON'T give up, if you do the body follows suit, I've seen it in my mother...

I hope you get on the trial and I hope they give you positive news...

Paul...

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Oh Jesus...

Kali74,

That is a kick in the guts, and I am so sorry to hear it. For what little it is worth, all my prayers and thoughts are with you. I know you will fight like a demigod to beat this.

I do not know what else to say, so I shall leave it at that.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
This is a depressing and upsetting thing to read.
Good luck to you.
sincerely,
John

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Holy crap, kali. No way.
I hope you make this cancer regret the day it ever met you!

Sincere good wishes and I'm hoping your next thread is one telling us how well you're doing.

Much love,

B x

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Comming from a family of cancer victim's I can see how you feel,I know I had a few scares myself of late,and every laymen have an answer,lot's of different treatments,all I can say try to remain positive,as much as you can,don't give up unless you have

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

OH NO! Oh, Kali, I'm so so sad to hear this. I knew you were not super well, but had no idea of this. I will be thinking of you, and fighting for your survival. Don't give up. Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry.

Warmest of hugs,
BW

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
i would like to think i wont leave this Earth in fear when faced with a situation like yours, but i have never been faced with a situation like yours, when i am faced with hardships i think EMMS...everything makes me stronger, i concentrate on that, but i have never been faced with nothing more than broken bones, and the onsets of cold etc.
I never read posts like this, they make me sad then angry and helpless, so i can only imagine how it could make you feel, experiencing it first hand, i dont think feeling these things in your situation helps, so i can only say like most people say and thats Stay Strong.
I hope you win.....You will win!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Kali I can't imagine what you are going through right now. I just watched my uncle go through this, so I know it's not easy. But I also know how strong and fierce you are! I hope that you have a strong support system, even the strongest will need it...but I'm sure you know that ATS is an amazing family. We will rally behind you 120%!!!! There will be days that all you want to do is scream at the world.....we are here to listen. And other days you don't have the strength to hold yourself up...we will still be there standing shoulder to shoulder to lend you strength. If you need anything I am only a U2U away!!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Kali, it seems so small to say I'm sorry but, I am.
All words of encouragement and hope have been said above but, please believe I echo those sentiments.

I hope your MRI comes back clear, I hope the tests today reveal that you are eligible for the drug trials and your insurance will approve them.
I share all of your beliefs here and hope your positivity remains bright and strong.

Miracles happen. Positive thinking is good for you. Science is good, support it.

So I would appreciate any prayers and positive thinking.

You've got it!
I have seen your posts over the years and if you are at all off line as you are on then, I believe you've got a fighting chance. Strong and a warrior, fierce and wise.
I also believe that women who have no hair can be beautiful. It's a woman's soul that gives her a magnificent life force and her spirit is the quintessence of beauty.
A warrioress to watch over you

((hugs)) and good luck!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join