It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duterte admits to being a Junky and killing Drug suspects

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: underwerks

While the drug dependence is news to me, the Duterte war on drugs and drug crime is nothing new. I talk to Filipinos daily in my social circle and they have said that crime has gone down, that they feel safer on the streets. While I don't agree with Duterte's policies, nor the murder of anyone, Duterte has done some good for the Filipino people; he has discovered corruption and drug dealings at high levels within the government, high level dealers that are conducting businesses from within the state prison system.

There is a small minority of people that protest the human rights violations, the vigilanteism and the lack of due process. They see what I do; how these killings could lead to political killings and enemies of Duterte's policies being killed...basically a dictatorship in the making. That remains to be seen, and overall Duterte's popularity is very high at this time. The Filipinos themselves see him as a strong leader (which he is) and one that speaks what is on his mind (which he does) and they can overlook the bad things (like extra judicial killings.)

I don't agree with his methods nor human rights violations, it's not my country and if the Filipinos there are happy and feel safe...let it rest.

In any country where you can be killed for suspicion of something, any feelings of safety are temporary and fleeting. That's a fact.

Are you really going to voice your disapproval of the president if you could be dragged out back and shot if the authorities felt like it? On suspicion?

None of this leads to a safer society for anyone. Any temporary gains are inconsequential when compared to what this means long term for everyone except the president.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Have you ever visited the Philippines??

I'm willing to bet not....

Here is the person you call out as a murderer and drug taker...

Duterte is actually trying his best to get rid of the corruption that has spread throughout the upper echelons of the philippine government, that allowed the drug cartels to prey on the people of the philippines, to take advantage of the poverty and operate with impunity.

Because of this institutionalised corruption countless men women and children have died over the years... many hundreds of thousands have died as a result of the Drug Shabu... which is a form of Crystal Meth.

The People of the philippines voted overwhelmingly for Duterte because as a governor of Davao a city in the philippines he was able to run a model of civility with ultra low crime and sustain a happy safe environment.. even though it was in the muslim disputed area of Mindanao.

He is universally loved and respected by all south east asain countries and is the head of ASEAN.

In Japan they Love him so much they made an Anime about him and his charter to get rid of the bad guys!

Since coming to power Durtete has sacked / arrested those in high government and privileged positions that were allowing the drug situation to get out of control.

He has created the country's first national 911 service... cleaned the streets, created soup kitchens for the street kids so they no longer have to rely on crime to at least feed themselves.

The police have been given a mandate to clean up the phillipines... zero tolerance on drugs. If a drug criminal raises a gun then shoot to kill....

I find it highly ignorant that someone who comes from a country where the police regularly shoot people because they are black, have anything to say about another countries attitude towards attempting to clean up their streets...

If I recall your country has far more blood on its hands in the name of nothing more than greed....

Korg.
edit on 14-12-2016 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

The only one who called him a drug user and murderer is the man himself, admittedly.

But yea the US has no business crying foul on police tactics. Leos here go on paid vacation on the tax payers money... Whom they kill. People here have been killed over less by police.
Thank the gods for high price lawyers and technicalities and police chiefs giving the OK to edit body cam footage.

Duerte is just not sugar coating his tactics. Transparency anyone?...

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

How's your reading comprehension? OP is about Duterte confessing that he had murdered people and has a drug addiction himself. Words straight from the horses (donkeys?) mouth. No accusations here. This isn't about his efforts to turn the Philippines around. And I don't care how much "good" a person does. Murder is murder.
edit on 14-12-2016 by Syphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Syphon

How's your reading comprehension? OP is about Dutete confessing that he had murdered people and has a drug addiction himself. Words straight from the horses (donkeys?) Mouth. No accusations here. This isn't about his efforts to turn the Philippines around. And I don't care how much "good" a person does. Murder is murder.

You might as well say I am a drug addict because I drink Coffee...

He was addicted to medication... something that was not for recreation.. but his addiction was a by product of attempting to get rid of pain... that's not the same thing.

As for murder... please round up all the US presidents and put them on trial along with any police man that has had to fire in the line of duty... and all the army.. in fact any and all that work for the military while you are at it!

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
To what, the report? Can you find me a link where Duterte has denied saying this? If it exists I would like to see it otherwise I'll carry on with life believing that a raving lunatic is running the Philippines. I would love to regain a small grain of faith in the human race. Desperately even.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

The People of the philippines voted overwhelmingly for Duterte because as a governor of Davao a city in the philippines he was able to run a model of civility with ultra low crime and sustain a happy safe environment.. even though it was in the muslim disputed area of Mindanao.

Does this model of civility and ultra low crime include him getting high and riding around on a motorcycle looking for people to kill?

I think we have different definitions of civility and ultra low crime.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

He admits to taking 4x the prescribed amount. That is drug abuse. The fact that his "dealer" was a physician doesnt change that. Ask Michael Jackson's doctor. He admits to becoming dependant on it. If the prescriptions dried up where do you think he would turn for his fix?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Does this model of civility and ultra low crime include him getting high and riding around on a motorcycle looking for people to kill?

You people simply haven't a clue!

Duterte just sacked and arrested High level Government figures in an attempt to clean up the philippines from being corrupted... whats happening is these powerful people backed by the drug cartels that stand to lose billions are spreading this kind of propaganda around in an attempt to overthrow him.

There has been court cases already over this so called Death Squad and you know what,,,, the only witness they had was found to be on the payroll of the person that is in direct opposition of durette and that his story guess what.... didn't check out...

I'm not saying Duterte is all roses and sugar.... I'm saying he is cleaning the streets and fighting corruption and high level crime, and that takes strength and force.

What... do you think he can clean up the philippines by asking these people.. please stop it.. he would be grateful if they did??

Come on!!!

Your attitude shows how naive you are to the world... how very American of you!

Korg.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Syphon
To what, the report? Can you find me a link where Duterte has denied saying this? If it exists I would like to see it otherwise I'll carry on with life believing that a raving lunatic is running the Philippines. I would love to regain a small grain of faith in the human race. Desperately even.

Oh so you want a denial over something he never said? you really are a Smart one aren't you.

I bet you voted for Hillary right??

If you can be bothered to perhaps watch the video...

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

He should be taken out and shot in the street like the dog he is.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

He should be taken out and shot in the street like the dog he is.

Honestly.... you people wont last five seconds if the fit hit the shan.

You simply do not know how the world works at all!

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I know how my world work's..can take care of myself just fine.
This kind of rampant vigilantism never ends well..start off with drug dealers, then addicts, then opposition..and so on.
Reap it.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You people simply haven't a clue!

Duterte just sacked and arrested High level Government figures in an attempt to clean up the philippines from being corrupted... whats happening is these powerful people backed by the drug cartels that stand to lose billions are spreading this kind of propaganda around in an attempt to overthrow him.

There has been court cases already over this so called Death Squad and you know what,,,, the only witness they had was found to be on the payroll of the person that is in direct opposition of durette and that his story guess what.... didn't check out...

I'm not saying Duterte is all roses and sugar.... I'm saying he is cleaning the streets and fighting corruption and high level crime, and that takes strength and force.

What... do you think he can clean up the philippines by asking these people.. please stop it.. he would be grateful if they did??

Come on!!!

Your attitude shows how naive you are to the world... how very American of you!

Korg.

You shouldn't assume for a second I haven't traveled to SE Asia or a lot of other places because I'm an American.

This isn't a show of "strength" or "force". It's a show of despotism. Any attempts to spin it as something else reeks of agenda. He admits himself what I said in the OP.

Most people that live in places where you can get killed over suspicion of something have only nice things to say about their leaders.

Funny how that is, right?

edit on 14-12-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You shouldn't assume for a second I haven't traveled to SE Asia or a lot of other places because I'm an American.

This isn't a show of "strength" or "force". It's a show of despotism. Any attempts to spin it as something else reeks of agenda. He admits himself what I said in the OP.

Most people that live in places where you can get killed over suspicion of something have only nice things to say about their leaders.

Funny, right?

I can tell that if you Visited the pacific rim it was likely to visit Pattaya.

You haven't a clue about this situation at all... The people overwhelmingly voted for Dutrete, he was an outsider at best, he didn't have or accept any money for his campaign. He won because the people wanted to freed from the corruption and control over the country the organised criminals had.

He didn't Rise to power, the people instilled him because they wanted a chance for change!

I know how my world work's..can take care of myself just fine.
This kind of rampant vigilantism never ends well..start off with drug dealers, then addicts, then opposition..and so on.
Reap it.

No... you know how your local area works... clearly haven't a clue about elsewhere.

For your information, there are places in the world where no where is safe and no you can't take care of yourself because the lawlessness is being sanctioned by the government who are being paid off by the criminal cartels.

And yes there maybe vigilantism being carried out, but its not being carried out by Duterte's Police... The Police have been given the freedom to use firearms when they are being threatened... that's it...

Any Extra judicial killings are not being directly sanctioned by the President.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

It's going to end badly for many who are undeserving of capital punishment..I have heard Duterte say..go kill people..I will give you a medal, so I say he has indeed sanctioned it. And major outlets are running with the story he has personally killed.
www.bbc.com...

edit on 14-12-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Funny, right?

The president has committed some of the extra judicial killings himself, by his own admission. And by his own admission did it to show local police they could do it too.

In what way is that not sanctioning the killings? Are you listening to yourself? Duterte's own statements contradict everything you are saying.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Cognitive dissonance run's so strong on ATS these days.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Funny, right?

The president has committed some of the extra judicial killings himself, by his own admission. And by his own admission did it to show local police they could do it too.

In what way is that not sanctioning the killings? Are you listening to yourself? Duterte's own statements contradict everything you are saying.

You keep saying this... Keep saying it over and over and over won't make it any more true.

1. He never said he carried out extra judicial killings.

2. He outwardly denies ordering extra judicial killings.

Your persistence with no evidence can be construed in two ways... either you are a troll or you have an issue with the philippines...

Perhaps you are upset that the Philippines are going to kick the US out of there??

Korg.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Cognitive dissonance run's so strong on ATS these days.

As does group reinforced ignorance coupled with a higher than thou arrogance!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join