It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Su-34 goes into production, Rusian AF is modernized with Su-27SM

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
got the info from here:

Series Deliveries of Su-27IB Airplanes to Start from 2006

Series deliveries of Su-27 fighters, which the Novosibirsk Aviation Production Association (NAPO) produces, will start in 2006, the general director of the Sukhoy Aviation Holding Company (AKhK), Mikhail Pogosyan, has reported.

Series production of the Su-27IB airplane will start from 2006," M. Pogosyan said,

He reported that the link-up to tests of the eighth airplane of this series, work on construction of which is being completed at NAPO, will allow staying within the intended times for the start of the Su-27IB airplane into series production.

Among other prospective directions of NAPO work, which is included in the Sukhoy company, M. Pogosyan named in particular, the upgrade of Su-24 airplanes, including for the interests of foreign customers.

M. Pogosyan reported that complications connected with the realization of an export contract for the delivery of Su-24 airplanes has been overcome and he expressed confidence that the contract will be fulfilled before the middle of next year.

NAPO also is building Su-24 airplanes in the interests of Russia' defense ministry, An-38 airplanes, and also is involved in the RRJ (Russian Regional Airplane) program and a number of other projects.

M. Pogosyan said that in the coming years NAPO's volume of production will grow 4 - 5 times.

Source: 28.07.04, Interfax

Upgraded Su-27SM Airplane Maximally Approximates Fifth Generation Airplane

The Komsomol?sk-on-Amur Aviation Production Association is realizing the upgrade program for the Su-27 multirole fighters into the Su-27SM variant developed by the Sukhoy OKB. The first five Su-27SM fighters reached the Russian air force inventory at the end of 2003. A task was set in place for 2004 to complete state tests and upgrade 12 Su-27 fighters to comply in full with the air force tactical-technical task. The whole fleet of Russia?s Su-27 air force fighters is subject to the upgrade. This work is going on within the framework of the state defense order, and also using non-budgetary funds which are earned and attracted from Sukhoy Aviation Holding Company export contracts.

The upgraded Su-27 are distinguished by an appreciably increased combat effectiveness. An modified radar has been installed on them which allows the use of television guided missiles with the aid of prior target designation from the radar set and also to carry out bombing in poor weather conditions and at night. The Su-27SM airplane is equipped with a new reconnaissance system.

Source: 28.07.04, Interfax

• Su-34 goes into series production in 2006

• Russian Air Force is modernized with 5th generation aircraft - Su-27SM,
    5 were delivered in 2003 to the Flight Personnel Combat Training and Retraining Centre in Lipetsk, 7 planes delivered to RuAF in 2004, 17 more are expected to be handed over to RuAF in 2005. whole russian fleet is subject to be upgraded.

Su-27SM

Su-34

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Question ::

titus, has the PAK-FA been named T-50 ?

what's the latest news on that ..

Long live Su-34

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
It was the T-50 first, then renamed to PAK-FA

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
Question ::

titus, has the PAK-FA been named T-50 ?

what's the latest news on that ..

PAkFA should fly in next year, 2006.

i'm also happy that su-34 is going into production

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Looked at the pics, wow, the "Su" didn't change much in appearance in the last 30 years. I used to live in the area where they were tested, they would make a turn right above my roof, and for some reason at low altitude, so I could see all the detail (including star decal on wings).

I guess stable airframe design is good.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Is that original quote straight from the article or have you typed it up as a quote?

The reason I ask is that it talks of exporting the Su-24, not the Su-34, which would be similar to the exporting of Tu-22M's to India. Either you types it up wrong or5 you are thinking of the wrong plane.

Sukhoi Su-24 'Fencer'

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
^^ Huh? What was that about waynos??

Yayie!!

Tu-22M for the IAF..

but whats the point of leasing it anyway??

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This is from titus' original post on the subject;

M. Pogosyan reported that complications connected with the realization of an export contract for the delivery of Su-24 airplanes has been overcome and he expressed confidence that the contract will be fulfilled before the middle of next year.

NAPO also is building Su-24 airplanes in the interests of Russia' defense ministry, An-38 airplanes, and also is involved in the RRJ (Russian Regional Airplane) program and a number of other projects.

It clearly talks of the Su-24 yet Titus says the Su-34 is going into production. Thats what I was asking about.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
It clearly talks of the Su-24 yet Titus says the Su-34 is going into production. Thats what I was asking about.

first article talks about Su-27IB going into production next year.

Su-27IB = Su-34

people in russia mostly use the original Su-27IB and the 'media' uses Su-34.

PS: i didnt type all that, they are original articles. (copy-paste)

note: Su-27SM is considered as 5 generation aircraft, and whole russian airforce is modernized with them, 28 of them are already in service - very good news.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Right, thank you. Su-27IB, I see. Its easy for a Brit to lose track of all these different numbers for the same or similar planes

Still, the bit about the Su-24 is intruiging, would they be ex Russian AF Su-24's or new ones? I would have thought that Sukhoi would try and persuade them to buy Su-34's instead. Or maybe Sukhoi could just alter the contract and change '24' to '34'

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
it's great news to hear about the modernization programs and it is also good to see the continued economic recovery in Russia, it warms my heart
though I feel that a lot of the benefits are just going straight into the pockets of the big businesses and their jewish owners who snapped up the state owned companies. I look forward to seeing the su-27ib in production very much.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Still, the bit about the Su-24 is intruiging, would they be ex Russian AF Su-24's or new ones? I would have thought that Sukhoi would try and persuade them to buy Su-34's instead. Or maybe Sukhoi could just alter the contract and change '24' to '34'

Su-34 is intended to replace Su-24

"NAPO also is building Su-24 airplanes in the interests of Russia' defense ministry, An-38..."

That would convince me that NAPO is building Su-34s for RuAF as well as Su-24s, An-38... etc.

IMO it would be not a bad idea to have them both....

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Yes, Russia has a few new airplanes.

However, this article gives the real picture of the Russian military.

Russian Military

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Yes, Russia has a few new airplanes.

However, this article gives the real picture of the Russian military.

Russian Military

"Russian NAVY" might me a better name for a link and not "Russian Military".

Russian Airforce was in same state not long ago and now its recovering, as we see.
not long into future, Russian Navy will follow the same path.

and anyways, is this thread about Russian Navy at all??

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Centurian, that's a low blow man...The Navy as stated earlier has nothing to do with this...

As for the Su-27IB and the Su-27SM going into production is GREAT news, but how is the Su-27SM considdered 5th gen when it's based on an old airframe? it's not exactly stealthy...does it have TVC?

I'm not trying to diss the Su-27, but I think Russia needs a new airframe...

As for the Jewish having their hands on the Russian aviation industry...that's not the only thing, they have all major businesses in their hands and they are the ones making money off of wars...

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Neither of the aircraft mentioned are 5th Gen.
Provide to the contrary with credible sourcing stating thus.
Cause if your taking this comment to be that the Su-27IB is a 5th Gen, you are mistaken:

...but Mikhaylov says that in four years the serial production of fifth generation aircraft will begin.

As for the serial production of the Su-27IB (Su-34), the Russian's have been speculating production of such for since the middle 90's.
Typical of the Russian's to also leave out how many will actually be built.
I'd be impressed, because of serious budget constraints, if the Russian's manage 3-5 a year, and thats based on the aircraft going into actual production versus someone merely saying they will and giving a date.

In time, the truth on this will surface and be exposed.
Talk is cheap and I will await to see if what Mikhaylov says versus what the Russian Goverment can actually afford to produce and upgrade.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Question:

What possible motives would Russia have to make them selves look poor while they are not? I am not saying this is true, but what if it was?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
For the same reason as it was discovered after the Cold War: Russia was found, documented, and determined that the Russian military (all combined branches) were and was not what it was all cracked up to be. Hell, 75+/- of the nation didn't have rudimentary indoor plumbing, etc. The population as a whole, is 50-75 years behind Western standards, the same standards that they claim to adhere to. In case you want a source, here's an excellent eye-opener for starters: The Soviet Experiment: Russia, the USSR, and the Successor States by Ronald Grigor Suny.

There are multiples of varied sources that indicate that though the Russian economy is growing, substantially, that the funding is still inadequate when applied to military purposes and applications, such as production, etc.

seekerof

[edit on 28-1-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Neither of the aircraft mentioned are 5th Gen.
Provide to the contrary with credible sourcing stating thus.
Cause if your taking this comment to be that the Su-27IB is a 5th Gen, you are mistaken:

sorry, i got too exited and called Su-27SM a fifth gen aircraft.
but really it "Maximally Approximates Fifth Generation Airplane"

The Su-27SM is a multirole strike aircraft capable of operating both night and day, in any weather, and destroying ground and aerial targets. In which connection, not only with precision guidance, but also with unguided bombs with equal effectiveness.

The airplane's highly intelligent computer complex allows performing this work in an automated mode. That is, the pilot can concentrate his attention either on flying or on destruction of the targets. The computer does part of the work for him. In which connection, as the designers say, it is so independent, that it will be able to correct a man's actions for more effective accomplishment of the combat mission.

The Su-27SM exceeds the most modern export works of the Sukhoy firm in its combat effectiveness – the Su-30MKI and Su-30MKK fighters being delivered to India and China, but it costs an order less than them.

In 2004, the air force received seven such fighters. In 2005, it will receive 17 more aircraft. As a result, we will have a whole aviation regiment at a base where line airmen will begin to prepare for the receipt in 2010 of fifth generation fighters.

Link

and about su-34, did i ever say that it was a 5 gen plane?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
No titus, you did'nt. I merely stated that neither were and that 'if' anyone contested otherwise, to provide to the contrary. My sincere apologies if you took it that I was directly pointing you out.

As to this:

That is a very good aircraft, titus. I am a huge fan of Sukhoi's, trust me. Personally, I love their designs and engineering genius, great minds in Sukhoi, but again, approximates does not equate to a 5th Gen aircraft. There are a variety of nations that have aircraft that approximates 5th Gen aircraft. As such, in the true intended purpose and definition of 5th Gen, neither aircraft is 5th Gen.

seekerof

top topics

<<   2 >>

join