It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Sacramento,CA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Hey I am posting this because I am extremely curious if there were any others from Sacramento, California that saw this unexplainable light in the sky tonight at around 5:30 - 5:39 p.m. I was on the I-80 freeway in the backseat driving with my girlfriend and her sister to Fry's Electronics in the Natomas area when I noticed a white light in the sky which was a little larger and brighter then the typical lights from helicopters or airplanes. Im an avid sky-watcher just always waiting for that moment when I will see an actual craft but I haven't had any luck here in Sacramento. However today the best way I can describe this was a bright and large white light. The airplanes in the area usually have like one red light on them and two blinking white lights or something of that sort while helicopters have one steady bright light and a couple blinking ones. What I saw tonight was not moving but just sitting there. It was around dusk and was positioned in a spot that was cloudless. I sat there for atleast four minutes watching it and then as we were coming up on the northgate exit I believe it vanished so fast I almost choked I couldn't believe what I had just seen. It was as if the object vanished so quickly that my eyes could not keep up with it. I am not sure if I saw an incredibly small streak or a motion blur type of deal I just cant explain how quick that thing was. If anyone else from Sac saw this can you U2U me. Thanks.

Matt

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I did see an unusualy bright white light in the sky over sac tonight. I was on I-5 south bound coming from woodland and looking east. I saw this really bright white light in an area of broken clouds...I watched it for about 3-4 min and then I had to pay attention to my driving. It was much brighter than a star and that is what caught my attention. the sun was going down at that time and it seemed strage to see this at this time of day. I didn't think anything about it until now.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
You could ne dealing with orbs if these are indeed,UFO`s.I believe Orbs a ``the electronic eyes``,or cameras for the aliens who visit here.This is only because they usually appear featureless and about 11 feet or larger in diameter.They also appear near other close encounters.

Also im not surprised of UFO`s presence in Sacramento.Ufo`s appear often in major cities and major trading posts/administrators around the world.Clear examples are cities like Mexico city,L.A,Washington,London,Reo Janerio(brazil),Sydney(Aussie),Johannesberg(S.africa) and various indian cities.Sacramento is the most multicultural/ethnicity city in America.So naturally what better place to visit and get to look at all the coloured M&MS than Sacramento.

But 95% of all UFO`s turn out to be hoaxs so yea theres a high chance it could be just something manmade.Nevertheless I thankyou for sharing your sighting.It does sound really interesting.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Blackst33l, im just wondering where you get this kind of knowledge.
Do you have direct or indirect contact with these UFO's?

I know that feeling you get after you've seen something like that. A few weeks ago me and a mate were driving over a hill near portsmouth, UK when we saw this amazing green light that was like a large ball of lightning or something, falling from the sky. You're probably just thinking "i wouldnt think anything of it", but my friend, who isnt even interested in this kind of stuff slowed the car and said "WHAT THE **** IS THAT"

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage
Blackst33l, im just wondering where you get this kind of knowledge.
Do you have direct or indirect contact with these UFO's?

I know that feeling you get after you've seen something like that. A few weeks ago me and a mate were driving over a hill near portsmouth, UK when we saw this amazing green light that was like a large ball of lightning or something, falling from the sky. You're probably just thinking "i wouldnt think anything of it", but my friend, who isnt even interested in this kind of stuff slowed the car and said "WHAT THE **** IS THAT"

I seriously have no idea how i got this interested,or got this knowledge.The first time i have learned about UFO`s and extra-terrestrials was when i was 6years.Since then iv been researching it.I dont know,it just came of interest.Im sure there are many with probably more knowledge then me and have been researching since they were young.Its just interest i guess.When youv been doing this research for so long,you learn things,alot.And you start to know things more than what they say in the books.

But one thing this UFO/E.t research will never do to me is convert me from my faith.

Now superslicksh0es,did these orbs gradually get closer to you

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Now superslicksh0es,did these orbs gradually get closer to you

I dont believe it was an orb and there was not any more then one object. Like I said if you read my post again there was only one single large bright light. No the object did not get closer to me. It was positioned in the exact same spot from my point of view for atleast four minutes or so. I am so glad you responded cherish. I was hoping someone else saw it and what you described sounds exactly like what I saw. I was also watching it as the sun was going down. I think we both saw it at the same time!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Was the trail of light red?
was the glow of craft red or white or green.
Shape?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Yes, I beleive that it was the same thing. It was a sunset time about 5:40pm. There were not any trails...it was stationary int he sky.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Hmm, two eye witnesses is a good thing, lends to credibility.

superslicksh0es and Cherish, you should try to determine how high in the atmosphere the object was by figuring out what your current coordinates were when viewing the object to completely eliminate the possibility of it being a star or planet.

If you both viewed it from different directions (for example one person was looking north, and one looking south) then it couldnt be a star, but an object hanging in the atmosphere.

[edit on 28/1/05 by Meteor_of_War]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
give me a break, this was obviously ball lightning.... nothing else is possible

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yeticha
nothing else is possible

Given human kind's very limited knowledge of science and the universe, anything's possible.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War

Given human kind's very limited knowledge of science and the universe, anything's possible.

Damn right

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yeticha
give me a break, this was obviously ball lightning.... nothing else is possible

haha this was definetely not ball lightning if you are referring to something similar to this...
images.google.com...

also, like cherish said there were no trails or anything of that sort. but id like to make it a point again that i really do not believe this was a star. here in sacramento with all the smog its so hard to see any stars at night... maybe you could spot a few but in this case it was not even dark yet.

[edit on 1/29/2005 by superslicksh0es]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Everyone needs to check out the thread in Breaking News...Especially the two people that saw this UFO (if it was a UFO).

Do you two think what is being reported, is what you saw?

Please let us know!

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yup, my wife and I saw the same thing as we were coming down on 80 from Auburn that night. My wife watched the whole thing and I only saw the last 2 seconds or so before it just vanished. Pretty weird... But my wife saw a definite UFO over Sac on the night of the 30th. She was stopped at the P street exit when she saw this bright light (she thought it might have been the ghetto bird) suddenly "flicker" brighter, then dim down a bit. It then zigzagged in the sky a bit, then zipped off out of view. There was a couple of people in a car next to her that saw it, too. Was wondering if anyone saw it as well?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Did it look anything like this?

www.viddler.com...

A buddy of mine were taking a drive one night and saw this bright white light just flicker on...

EDIT- I was looking at that footage I edited frame by frame and you can see that light coming out of something much LARGER and blocking the view... Holy Moly!

[edit on 4-2-2008 by tojfs7931]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Since there is a flare about ufos in sacramento, I will have to make a thread about my experience in sac. I'll do it tomorrow after voting.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well, as another poster on another thread pointed out, THIS thread was started in 2005... I didn't realize it till after I'd posted our experience here(oops). Ours was on 1/26/08 and while I'm not sure exactly what time it was we're pretty sure it was around 10-ish or so. Auburn is around ~2000 ft but I seriously doubt we'd be able to see what they saw down there in So Cal! Maybe it was the same thing, who knows.

And I couldn't get the Viddler thing to play. I don't have the privileges.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by Flux8]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Try it now-- This is tojfs7931 on another name...

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I live in Stockton, Ca. About 7-8 months ago I was outside my office on my cell phone and just happend to look up slightly as my eye caught a flash. Sort of like when an airplane high above catches the sun just right and emits a strong reflection. What appeard to be a metalic 50'x100' sheet of plywood was rotateing on end traveling west at roughly 3,000 - 5,000 feet. Weirdest thing I ever saw. It wasnt fluttering like debris.. the rotateing was steady.... just this big sheet of metal spinning.. It was traveling against the wind.. and low clouds were passing below it. I called my co-worker to come look.. we both agreed it was very odd.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join