It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did the hate take over?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Here we go, even this thread breaking down into hateful, acrimony, misunderstandings, recriminations and rudeness.

What a spiteful, pitiful community ATS has become.....

Theres also a negative side!!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

originally posted by: DAVID64
We are, and have been, seeing the real Left. Their real opinions and feelings toward anyone who doesn't follow their mindless agenda. We are seeing the true Deplorables.

I can actually back up what you say with evidence.

I'm at work, so it will have to be upon request.

Here's a sneak peak...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please consider this a humble request. I looked at the link from the "sneak peak"
and that's some wild and interesting reading. I would love to see you post a thread
about it.

Sorry Martin75, I did not intend to ignore you. I think your OP made an excellent point
and was made with only good intentions. I thank you and commend you for the effort.
edit on 1-12-2016 by ezramullins because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
All I can say is...Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will
never hurt me.If someone calls me names I don't let them upset me.
T&C rules prevent me from saying things that I would really like to say
to some here.So,I keep my big mouth shut and move along somewhere
else.Good topic OP.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: gunshooter

Maybe you shouldn't overreact when you read something. You could ask for a clarification before assuming you know intent in written word.

But that comes back to part of the OP's point.

You make a semi-valid point, or you could put (sarcasm) behind the post so people know, and this is a pretty hot subject right now, maybe sarcasm isn't the best course of action when people are actually losing their living situation, just a thought. It goes both ways ya know....
Then again, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit......
But that comes back to part of the OP's point, right??????????????????
edit on 1/12/16 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

Also to add, maybe you shouldn't write dumb needless things that take up space on this site?
edit on 1/12/16 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I'd be happy to u2u you every post I come across just like that - but your inbox would get filled pretty quick.

I'll save you the trouble and take your word for it. Either way, I was also speaking of offline discourse.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

It's amazing just how Ignorant people can be isn't it?

Assholes are everywhere!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

It's amazing just how Ignorant people can be isn't it?

Assholes are everywhere!

Especially with the influx of Alt-Right at ATS.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: gunshooter

Maybe you shouldn't overreact when you read something. You could ask for a clarification before assuming you know intent in written word.

But that comes back to part of the OP's point.

You make a semi-valid point, or you could put (sarcasm) behind the post so people know, and this is a pretty hot subject right now, maybe sarcasm isn't the best course of action when people are actually losing their living situation, just a thought. It goes both ways ya know....
Then again, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit......
But that comes back to part of the OP's point, right??????????????????

Also to add, maybe you shouldn't write dumb needless things that take up space on this site?

Really hate to admit you're wrong don't ya?
Questioning peoples intelligence does come back to the OP's point.
If you would take my previous post in context you might realize that the sarcasm was not directed at the people losing their homes. It was directed at the people chearing the destruction of those homes.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ezramullins

I looked at the link from the "sneak peak"
and that's some wild and interesting reading. I would love to see you post a thread
about it.

I'm not sure that I can bring myself to create an actual thread unless I minimize the partisan bashing and finger pointing. I have to admit, my research has only lead me to evidence of real "widespread" hatred for conservatives/nationalists/libertarians and to be fair, I would have to put the same amount of effort into discovering if the "other side" is just as guilty, but hide it better.

I usually let the information guide my presentation or how my message(s) is/are meant to be interpreted. Making political threads that directly call out either side of the isle is really not my style. I try to make my threads educational, while steering as far away from the slander and divisive rhetoric that permeates the forums here.

For one thing, you have to understand that most presidents and their ideology (which causes me to laugh when so many like to blame a single person or leader), that guides policy making is not actually unique to that one person and almost 100% of the time, belongs to a group, foundation or heritage. The presidential party is a facade for the groups that develop the reasoning and ways of implementation that drives most policy.

Forgive me, but what I found was discovered and represented in a multitude of the Podesta e-mails that WikiLeaks published while researching the supposed pedophile scandal. Information that was never meant to see the light of day. There was real vitriol, hate and desperation to make sure that certain views and ideologies were stifled and eradicated at all costs for, in my opinion, the implementation of globalist agendas.

Let me make it clear, these weren't the ideas of a few people, it was a way of life without alternatives and a passionate desire to eradicate all forms of opposition that stemmed from these large think-tank organizations, that for the most part, represent the basis of all progressive ideology. I'll see what I can do, but until then, I will send you a private message at some point with links to the information.

edit on 1-12-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

May the kekz never end!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

So I'm literally clicking on this thread after having been called a moron in another thread for just talking to a Trump supporter. Where are your accounts of Trump supporters saying hateful things? Why just liberals? You make a thread asking where did the hate come from while refusing to acknowledge the hate from your own camp. You aren't doing a lot to build any bridges here.
edit on 1-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I am a Trump supporter so they don't call me names but it's wrong! That is one of the things that brought me to make this. Some one calling me names because I support Trump. Why can't we just talk without the names? They aren't needed. Wouldn't your conversation have gone further if they hadn't broken down to name calling? I'm sorry, it is on both sides and I have said that repeatedly though out this post....it's always wrong! I have acknowledged the hate from both sides, I posted the tweets from Hillary supporters over the fires because I haven't seen any from Trump supporters...again please post them if they are there!

How can we stop it? Why did it come to this? I'm sorry I don't know the answers, I wish I did.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Funny. When anyone on the left says mean things, it's horrible, terrible and unacceptable.

That's because out of one side of their mouth they preach love and tolerance, and from the other they call for the deaths of people they hate and don't tolerate, beat up and intimidate political opponents, and then whine about everyone on the right being soooo mean...

Really it's just an exercise cognitive dissonance.

That said, it's not like I haven't seen hyperbole and advocacy for violence from people on the right. The difference is how the media treats it. Which is to say that righties doing it is bad and here comes Hitler, and lefties doing it is justice.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
When did we let the hate take over?

Right about the time that we began to realize the MSM were feeding us lies to control our beliefs.

Some people liked the lies ... and others opposed them.

Divide ... conquer.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I mean all it takes is you just being creative with Youtube searches to find them. It's not hard if you attempt to look or anything. I started looking into Youtube and just after typing "Trump supporters being", the top two autofills Youtube suggested were first "racist" and then "violent".

Me. I understand and see it from both sides. No one is backing down anymore and everyone is angry at each other. Naturally hateful things will be said from both sides. It is getting to be absurd.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
OK, sorry I'm using you as an example.

I just apologized for not have Trump supporters asking Gatlinburg to burn (the only tweets I showed). And instead of accepting my apology (like it's my fault Trump supporters are calling for Gatlinburg's death and destruction) you want me to search YouTube for random hateful videos. I could have pulled hundreds and thousands of videos of hate on both sides but didn't.

I also explained that I pulled a Hollywood video of Wanda Sykes because Hollywood gets airtime, no one cares about the little people.

I willing admitted that both sides have been hateful and neither side is bending. And you come in and prove my point. What do you want? Just to argue? Just to be able to say "Yeah but you started it, Nana Nana Boo Boo."

This thread proves my point over and over, read through it and see. You just proved my point (along with a couple others on here, sorry to single you out)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I'm sorry. I'm just explaining how your thread comes off to me. When I come into a thread and see someone ranting about hate in society but only see examples from one side it comes off as arrogant and condescending. It makes it seem like you think only your side is suffering from it. This regardless of any qualifications you may have written later in the thread.

I didn't come here to argue I came to post my opinion. I haven't said anything offensive to you. I'm just calling it like I see it.
edit on 2-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I just spent the past 8 years here. President Obama did not exactly bring out the best in the membership

It's been a steady anti-anything even remotely touching left of center assault since I got here

Out there? Do you have any idea what you're even talking about? You should see some of the things I've received in my personal email - from people I know

Let alone what people had to say about liberals/progressives/moderates/RHINOS...online. Everywhere

Your OP is disingenuous

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis
I am starting to see the problem
See post above

Do you know how long my OP would be if I called out everyone!?!?! I can only speak for what has happened to me BUT have acknowledged it is across the board. Because I didn't list each person the person left out comes in here and jumps my $hit. Get over yourselves! You want to see it in print, add it to this thread...that is the best I can do.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

It's your OP. You wrote it - so, please take responsibility for what you said, the position you took and who you chose to call out

Too late to play the peacemaker now

If you mean well, and you're serious, then do some research, recognize that the right is responsible for some incredibly ugly Bullsh!t and start a new thread

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join