It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Flag-burners should lose citizenship, or face year in jail

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It so happens that its illegal in quite a few western countries and punishable by jail and/or fines. It was only ruled constitutional in 89 by 5-4. It was brought by Congress for amendment in 06 and lost only by one vote. I'd say it will be brought up again this time with majority in favor.

My opinion us that while I accept it as supposed freedom of speech, I find it reprehensible. It's done by people that hate america, not some kind of po k itical n protest. This is what I witness at these protests, these people are anarchists and anti americans. Personally, would stop it if I saw someone doing it.

I think there should be a 15K fine and 12 months community service including an American history course that they must pass to complete the sentence. This outta to make those spoiled college kids and Starbucks revolutionaries think twice next time.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If they take you citizenship away, I guess you don't have to pay taxes do you? Hmm?

Go head Donald and do it, you don't pay taxes anyway DO YOU?
edit on 29-11-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11
I think there should be a 15K fine and 12 months community service including an American history course that they must pass to complete the sentence. This outta to make those spoiled college kids and Starbucks revolutionaries think twice next time.

Can we do that to the blind patriots as well?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pebujesa

Can we do that to the blind patriots as well?

No because they don't burn American flags.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

originally posted by: Darkphoenix77
From a legal standpoint the Constitution gives those people every right to be disgusting human beings, so they do have the option. From a morality standpoint I as a citizen of this country have the right to voice my opinion on their behavior which I find truly disgusting and reprehensible. Needless to say I will be exercising that right at every turn. People that desecrate the flag in turn do spit on every person in history that died defending it and deserve to be called on it. They are worthless piles of excrement and I will enjoy voicing that opinion with a less civil tongue whenever the opportunity presents itself as they should be in my opinion shamed for their actions.

People who share your beliefs obviously have never put on a uniform and fought for anything. I have, and I can tell you that we were not fighting for a piece of colored nylon. I can tell you that when we gathered together with mess hall cofee at 5 a.m. for a mission brief, we all were not all, "Let's go out there this morning and get shot at and bomb the Long Bien bridge for the effing flag. We didn't climb into and strap on 9000 pounds of jet fuel and 18,650 pounds of high explosive devices, and head into AAA and Sam sites to protect a flag. We did it for each other, hoping that by getting shot at and blowing crap up, our brothers might get to go home in one piece.While Donald Trump was honoring the flag by dodging the draft and living his entitled life, other young men took his place. OK, now, who deserves citizenship?

First, if you served then you have nothing but my respect and thanks for your service. You have a right to your opinion as much as I do mine. I have never been in the military but that isn't by choice, I am disabled and can't walk so not exactly military material. I respect the flag because it symbolizes those such as yourself that do and have served, and will call out those that disrespect/burn it because they represent everything un-American in my eyes.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Patriots don't burn flags, treasonous assholes burn flags. Let's agree to disagree until the new and improved congress passes a new ruling real soon.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
These guys wasted precious time instead of killing the enemy, right?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
One didn't let the flag touch the ground, let alone burn it in protest.

MAGA!

edit on 11 29 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Burning the flag does not infringe upon the rights of others.

Making it illegal is an infringement on the rights of those who would want to burn it.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

It so happens that its illegal in quite a few western countries and punishable by jail and/or fines. It was only ruled constitutional in 89 by 5-4. It was brought by Congress for amendment in 06 and lost only by one vote. I'd say it will be brought up again this time with majority in favor.

My opinion us that while I accept it as supposed freedom of speech, I find it reprehensible. It's done by people that hate america, not some kind of po k itical n protest. This is what I witness at these protests, these people are anarchists and anti americans. Personally, would stop it if I saw someone doing it.

A couple years ago some crazy lady burned a HK flag at the Big Buddha and replaced it with a Mexican flag. lol,wtf?

She was arrested and deported. lol.

At the entrance to the Philippines, airport in Manila, the sign says you will be deported if caught at a political protest and not a citizen. I wouldn't want to be caught burning a flag there.

edit on 11 29 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

A couple years ago some crazy lady burned a HK flag at the Big Buddha and replaced it with a Mexican flag. lol,wtf?

She was arrested and deported. lol.

At the entrance to the Philippines, airport in Manila, the sign says you will be deported if caught at a political protest and not a citizen. I wouldn't want to be caught burning a flag there.

And you think this is a good thing?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If they're burning the flag and hate it here, they should have NO problem losing citizenship. It's doing them a favor!
edit on 29-11-2016 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
isnt a flag burning a symbol that something is not right? i dont know what rock you have been living under but there is a lot of corrupt stuff happening in our government. so it only makes sense.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
isnt a flag burning a symbol that something is not right? i dont know what rock you have been living under but there is a lot of corrupt stuff happening in our government. so it only makes sense.

It's OK for Trump to tweet that the US is corrupt, but gawd forbid someone burns the flag to say the same thing.

I'm offended by orange faced asSholes tweeting dumb # at 3 am.

Can we deport them too?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I dislike it too. It just makes me wonder why they made it legal in 1969 after being against the law before that. Or atleast I believe it was.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

I dislike it too. It just makes me wonder why they made it legal in 1969 after being against the law before that. Or atleast I believe it was.

I seem to remember a time when it was looked down upon to let it touch the ground let alone burn it.....times change and not always for the better....
edit on 29-11-2016 by Darkphoenix77 because: clarification

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
These guys wasted precious time instead of killing the enemy, right?

You know that was staged for the cameras right?

The original raising of the flag at Iwo Gima wasn't good enough for camera they had a separate group do it over later on without the danger of being fired upon so it would make a good publication.

It is great symbology and was serious moral booster of the time, but even the ones involved putting it up had later talked about it being propaganda.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkphoenix77

originally posted by: JesusXst

I seem to remember a time when it was looked down upon to let it touch the ground let alone burn it.....times change and not always for the better....

Yes. To me it's a sign of disrespect, which is why I think it's wrong to do it.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Recently, we've been sending our men and women to fight and die for the MIC and corporate interests, not to keep America safe.

EDIT: And I'd also like to add that we're probably creating more terrorists with our military involvment across the globe. Terrorists see America as the Empire and themselves as Han Solo and Luke Skywalker.
edit on 29-11-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Yes I totally agree. The world is finding out it was only a pawn. That's going to awaken an angry lion.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join