It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service considering renting a floor at Trump Tower to protect future first family

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The US Secret Service is considering renting one floor in Trump Tower to protect President-elect Donald Trump and his family by turning it into a 24-7 command post, a law enforcement official told CNN Friday.
According to Jared Horowitz, who is with Newmark Grubb Knight Frank and responsible for available commercial space at Trump Tower, the floors available to rent with the average floor office space running between 13,500 square feet to 15,500 square feet cost about $1.5 million a year.

The law enforcement official says the current plans for security at Trump Tower would differ if the future first family were living at the White House full time and Trump's wife Melania and their son Barron were not staying behind in New York City through the Spring.

Link

I would think he would give them the space since it's to protect the Trumps. Guess he can't miss a chance to make money.

1.5 million sure beats that 400k salary.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The uptick in business he can expect at any one of his hotels WELL exceeds $400k/year. How many ass kissing foreign dignitaries coming to D.C. are going to stay at Trump International? You can bet the same folks who have been crying for the last 8 years about Obama's travel expenses won't care about what it costs to accommodate Trump who doesn't sound like he has much intention of even living in the White House.
edit on 2016-11-26 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Boy I’ll tell ya NYC is going to be one bottle neck from hell when Trump comes there which will be often. If you’ve ever been around when a President shows up you’ll know what I mean...I mean they take whole blocks out…highways get cleared and traffic for hours gets jammed up something fierce.

I wouldn’t want to be in the city when he shows up

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Remember this?

Trump's airport lawsuit lingers as presidential bid heats up (Dec 15, 2015)

Long before Donald Trump called for keeping Muslims out of the country and blocking immigrants from crossing the border, it was noisy planes passing over Palm Beach that drew "The Donald's" ire.

Two decades before becoming a leading Republican contender for president, Trump began waging a legal fight over Palm Beach International Airport sending planes over Trump's Mar-a-Lago Club.

Palm Beach County estimates that airport-related legal tussles with Trump through the years have already cost local taxpayers more than $600,000.

Now this from two weeks ago:

Trump dropping airport lawsuit, Palm Beach County says

And from this week:

FAA restricts airspace over Mar-a-Lago this week; Trump likely cause

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
They are considering it. Nothing said they are renting it. Plenty of cheaper places to stay. Stay in Jersey and take a cab and shift work.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Trump is a selfish bastard that's costing NYC a million bucks a day while adding massive traffic congestion by shutting down whole blocks whose business are losing massive amounts of money daily. All of this to protect him. SO selfish!

Apparently his son likes his school so much he plans on staying at Trump Tower with his mom. Nice family.

Meanwhile, of course the SS is gonna rent out a floor if baby Trump won't leave and I know for a fact Trump will charge them above the normal costs because he's a selfish bastard.
edit on 26-11-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
But I'll bet my entire year's wages that he plays less rounds of golf than Obama did.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Remember this?

Long before Donald Trump called for keeping Muslims out of the country and blocking immigrants from crossing the border, it was noisy planes passing over Palm Beach that drew "The Donald's" ire.

Two decades before becoming a leading Republican contender for president, Trump began waging a legal fight over Palm Beach International Airport sending planes over Trump's Mar-a-Lago Club.

Palm Beach County estimates that airport-related legal tussles with Trump through the years have already cost local taxpayers more than $600,000.

And from this week:

Trump as president is only taking out a new franchise in Washington DC like him opening up a Burger King there. Same thing in his mind.

Make the money is his motto

Make him great

So he running for president to get such mundane crap out of his way is plausible...if that's what your implying

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Boy I’ll tell ya NYC is going to be one bottle neck from hell when Trump comes there which will be often. If you’ve ever been around when a President shows up you’ll know what I mean...I mean they take whole blocks out…highways get cleared and traffic for hours gets jammed up something fierce.

OMG! That's why he wanted to become POTUS. NO MORE NYC TRAFFIC!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Remember this?

And from this week:

I smell fighter jets doing chase training exercises over his competitors golf clubs.

edit on 26-11-2016 by SPHARAOH because: Illogical autocorrect

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPHARAOH

lol
edit on 26-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The cost of the Secret Service to protect the tRump Family is already at over 2 million a day.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
The cost of the Secret Service to protect the tRump Family is already at over 2 million a day.

I wonder why the price tag is 2 million. Cooking the books comes to mind. Somebody is making some serious money.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

The US Secret Service is considering renting one floor in Trump Tower to protect President-elect Donald Trump and his family by turning it into a 24-7 command post, a law enforcement official told CNN Friday.
According to Jared Horowitz, who is with Newmark Grubb Knight Frank and responsible for available commercial space at Trump Tower, the floors available to rent with the average floor office space running between 13,500 square feet to 15,500 square feet cost about $1.5 million a year.

The law enforcement official says the current plans for security at Trump Tower would differ if the future first family were living at the White House full time and Trump's wife Melania and their son Barron were not staying behind in New York City through the Spring.

Link

I would think he would give them the space since it's to protect the Trumps. Guess he can't miss a chance to make money.

1.5 million sure beats that 400k salary.

Clinton charges the Secret Service enough rent on a small cabin out back to pay the mortgage of his New York House. Obama will do the same wherever he winds up. The same has been true of every past president. What do we have now? Two Bush's, Carter, and Clinton? Yup, that's who remains and they all do the same deal. So if yer gonna pick on Trump for this, be sure to include the other ex-presidents as well. An they all eagerly accepted their salary. The last president not to do that was Kennedy.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPHARAOH

NYC traffic is no Joke. I was my IT firms Manhattan field service guy for a couple of years and to this day I have grown an intense dislike for NYC cab drivers..no offense to anybody of course. It will drive you up a wall, no pun intended.

It’s brutal, I could not imagine going around Manhattan with a presidential security gridlock

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Maybe it's time to end it. Isn't that in line with what Trump claims he wants to do?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Trump will save the country 10 times what it costs to protect him, when he builds that wall and deports all the illegals who are sucking up all those tax payer funded government benefits.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I know. Just try to enjoy the comment without too much deep thought.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Isn't the new plan to build a cyber wall and depart criminals?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Remember this?

And from this week:

Dude that's brilliant! Of Trump, I mean.

Aside from the all that money the taxpayers incurred, becoming President Elect created a national security precedent that would require making it a restricted air space. I'll bet you all the people living in that neighborhood don't hate him for it, either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join