It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militarized Police Spray/Dakota Pipeline Protesters/Water Cannons/Below-Freezing/Many Hospital

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The police have used water cannons on demonstrators, sending several to the hospital with severe head injuries.

Indigenous Rising Media reported that according to the head medic of the Oceti Sakowin Camp, at least 167 demonstrators have been injured so far after NoDAPL protesters were confronted by militarized police Sunday night.
The report claims that police are targeting demonstrators’ heads and legs, and that seven people have been hospitalized for severe head injuries

Sounds like this is a military exercise, in Turkey not in the US, I hope Obama will step into this issue like he has in others to settle things down.

Police have formed a line with armored vehicles, concrete barriers, and razor wire. It is below freezing at about 27 degrees, and police have begun hosing down the unarmed crowd with a water cannon. Water protectors are using a semi truck in an attempt to remove burnt military vehicles, which the police chained to concrete barriers weeks ago to keep the bridge blocked on that highway.
wearechange.org...
edit on 21-11-2016 by seasonal because: title spacing

edit on 21-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2016 by seasonal because: des title

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This is horrible, and I am ashamed to call myself a US citizen. Obama won't do anything to calm the situation and there has been a MSM blackout over this whole issue which in my opinion is completely wrong and will make things worse.

These native americans deserve a voice and have a right to voice their concerns. They wouldn't be protesting if the natives were given the chance to negotiate on making a deal.

This is almost no different than the Bundy ranch situation. The feds think they can just go roll over someone's property and flash a badge and expect people to comply.

Got to love the feds, they know how to flex their authority.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It's amazing they are using so much force on these protestors... but the BLM and Anti-Trump people get away with blocking freeways for hours.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Although the Avatar movie was an ok movie and it comes to mind when talking about this.

Click the link. Some reason the vid wont work on the page. AVATAR clip
edit on 21-11-2016 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Who do the Feds serve?

It sure isn't the people they are supposed to represent.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Completely right, the media is no longer objective. Corps own the news, both left and right. Sad really, freedom of the press is now here and on other online sources.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Shows the real power of corporate America to call law enforcement on US citizens for their selfish intrest. See what I mean when I say we are ruled by a corporate oligarchy?
?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I 100% believe you. And what happens when almost all jobs are automated? It is a different world coming and corps own almost all of it.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I guess they ain't gettin' that Soros Dollar.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Just the police protecting Oil companies right to steal land from Native Americans. It's the American way!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Why did they burn their military vehicles?? I'm guessing the problem children did and they get what they get. water cannon aint no big deal just a little COLD!!

No sympathy and am glad the Keystone will be starting again in the spring. Yes they are already ramping up and after the first of the year trucks will be rolling again. The systems already built are being rechecked and made ready for delivery. Made in AMERICA and stored at Studebaker believe it or not.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
TᎮ crᎡᎠtᎣr ᎢᏍ Ꮻth ᏲᎤ my brᎣtᎮrᏍ Ꭰnd ᏏᏍᏖrᏍ

Buck

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Why did they burn their military vehicles?? I'm guessing the problem children did and they get what they get. water cannon aint no big deal just a little COLD!!

No sympathy and am glad the Keystone will be starting again in the spring. Yes they are already ramping up and after the first of the year trucks will be rolling again. The systems already built are being rechecked and made ready for delivery. Made in AMERICA and stored at Studebaker believe it or not.

Both sides are at fault for not attempting to talk about it first insted of just showing up ready to build.... It's not your backyard so you don't care lol.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

i wonder when she'll tweet something about it.

twitter.com...

because that will be an instant call to... well, those few thousands of over a million of her followers that do give a damn, to get pissed off.

if she got injured though - well. it's something different when a celebrity gets injured, versus some unknown person. as sad as that is, it could be a chance. heads should roll.

edit to add, he did tweet about it.

twitter.com...

at least some of those celebrities supporting the left side (Shailene was for Sanders, Ruffalo for Clinton) are doing something good.
edit on 21/11/2016 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I can guarantee you if the feds started claiming peoples houses and private lands for the sake of the argument and just because, majority of these souless morons who advocate swift brutal crackdowns will sing a different tune.

I dont have the highest regard for my fellow man but people commenting advocating they be gassed or oh its water or just shoot them. Wtf is wrong with these people. The average person has become desensitized with todays strife that its almost supposed to be funny and its not.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

They haven't taste the boot of force (yet), it's ok, it can't happen to me, right....????

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Oh no it will never happen to people like us! We are civilized and we dont ask questions.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY

This is horrible, and I am ashamed to call myself a US citizen. Obama won't do anything to calm the situation and there has been a MSM blackout over this whole issue which in my opinion is completely wrong and will make things worse.

I seriously wonder if Obama is a secret investor in the pipeline. You'd think he'd block it at every turn, like he did to the Keystone XL pipeline.

Also, the near-total media blackout on the pipeline protest has convinced me that the US must have something akin to that British order that forbids the media from talking about something. This is the kind of situation that typically sends the MSM into saturation coverage mode. But here there's nothing.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Both Obama and the media picked up their orders for the day, neither were ordered to talk about the pipeline.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
They are criminal trespassers.

They made the choice to trespass on private property and get sprayed.

It is their own fault.

edit on 21-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join