It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysia Flight MH370, 2 1/2 years later, still not found, theories abound. What happened?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It has been nearly 2 1/2 years. And we have no idea where or what happened. Some theories, some outrageous, but still a strange mystery.

MH370: 'Plausible' new theory suggests pilot was a hero

North Korea took MH370

The plane was shot down by the US military

Alien abduction

WHERE SOME DEBRIS HAS BEEN FOUND
SOURCE For Theories

DEBRIS

So, we have been able to land on the moon almost 50 years ago. We have sent rovers to Mars, we have satellites leaving our solar system. But we cannot find a missing jet? Still a very strange story.

What does ATSer's know? Or think? I am stumped.
edit on 19-11-2016 by 1TruthTeller because: spelling

ADD: MORE DETAILED MAP OF FLIGHT AND DEBRIS

edit on 19-11-2016 by 1TruthTeller because: added comment

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Just speculating, but I am assuming that they were shot down. Maybe China, who knows.
Just speculating so don't burn me at the stake, considering the atmosphere on ATS, please don't burn me for my opinion and blatant ignorant speculation, I'm just a nobody, common folk, part of the unwashed mass.
edit on 19-11-2016 by Arnie123 because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Just speculating, but I am assuming that they were shot down. Maybe China, who knows.
Just speculating so don't burn me at the stake, considering the atmosphere on ATS, please don't burn me for my opinion and blatant ignorant speculation, I'm just a nobody, common folk, part of the unwashed mass.

Your opinion/speculation is valued, no worries. Thank you.

TT

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 1TruthTeller

Confirmed debris?

Last i heard it was debris from an aircraft but not confirmed as from MH370 although what has been found makes people "assume" it was from 370

Has any of this debris been confirmed with serial numbers etc? or other custom identifiers that could link it to MH370?

I'm all ears

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

Confirmed debris?

Last i heard it was debris from an aircraft but not confirmed as from MH370 although what has been found makes people "assume" it was from 370

Has any of this debris been confirmed with serial numbers etc? or other custom identifiers that could link it to MH370?

I'm all ears

Yes, confirmed. Based on news reports. I'm just the messenger, not the investigator of the debris.

Third piece of plane wreckage confirmed as MH370 debris

SOURCE:

Just added a map with more content to my OP above.
edit on 19-11-2016 by 1TruthTeller because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Pieces have been identified by serial number, by matching paint, by confirming the configuration of screw and rivet holes, and by matching the interior to other Malaysian 777s. The smaller and generic pieces can't be matched, but the larger and interior pieces have been.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Pieces have been identified by serial number, by matching paint, by confirming the configuration of screw and rivet holes, and by matching the interior to other Malaysian 777s. The smaller and generic pieces can't be matched, but the larger and interior pieces have been.

Thank you Zaph, and I did reply with a source stating exactly just that above. Cheers

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

thanks, missed that report about the OL part identifier

Interesting, no idea what happened to the flight unfortunately but it is strange that not much debris has been found, considering the amount of buoyant stuff that would have been on board

Thanks

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Yeah, I caught that right after I hit reply. I tend to reply then finish reading, which is a bad habit of mine.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Yeah, I caught that right after I hit reply. I tend to reply then finish reading, which is a bad habit of mine.

((smiling)) I totally know what you mean!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks Zaphod, been a while since i paid any attention to this one, guess i am way behind the times on current information

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

thanks, missed that report about the OL part identifier

Interesting, no idea what happened to the flight unfortunately but it is strange that not much debris has been found, considering the amount of buoyant stuff that would have been on board

Thanks

Thank you! Yes, still very strange indeed. Sometimes these stories just have a way of disappearing, I just felt it was a good distraction to the political headlines, and also, a very interesting unsolved mystery. Cheers

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The debris confirms they hit the water at a high rate of speed, which lends itself to there being no one in control at the time. I still think it was a fire in the cockpit.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The Debris were found weeks later in the Ukraine, The plane did not crash a day after it was reported missing. It was stored and then used in the Ukraine to blame Russia for downing the passenger Jet used for flight MH17.

That's a possibility anyway.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Any theory has to take into consideration several undeniable facts. 1.) The pilot deviated from the normal course and diverted the airplane south over the Indian Ocean. 2.) The same flight was found on his personal flight simulator. 3.) Verifiable pieces of the plane have washed ashore. 4.) Satellites tracked the airplane as it flew.

There is no evidence that it was shot down by anyone. There is no evidence that it was hijacked, flew somewhere else, and was used in some sort of operation. There is no evidence for any sort of abduction. These are all flights of fancy that have no evidence whatsoever. Basically there is a very mundane explanation that fits all the facts as we know them. The pilot intentionally deviated from the course and crashed the plane. There may be a "mystery" over why he did it, but there is no mystery over what happened, no conspiracy. If you are going to speculate something much more exotic, then the onus is upon you to provide supporting evidence. Just claiming, "What if "X" happened?" does not constitute a viable theory. It doesn't explain anything.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Any theory has to take into consideration several undeniable facts. 1.) The pilot deviated from the normal course and diverted the airplane south over the Indian Ocean. 2.) The same flight was found on his personal flight simulator. 3.) Verifiable pieces of the plane have washed ashore. 4.) Satellites tracked the airplane as it flew.

There is no evidence that it was shot down by anyone. There is no evidence that it was hijacked, flew somewhere else, and was used in some sort of operation. There is no evidence for any sort of abduction. These are all flights of fancy that have no evidence whatsoever. Basically there is a very mundane explanation that fits all the facts as we know them. The pilot intentionally deviated from the course and crashed the plane. There may be a "mystery" over why he did it, but there is no mystery over what happened, no conspiracy. If you are going to speculate something much more exotic, then the onus is upon you to provide supporting evidence. Just claiming, "What if "X" happened?" does not constitute a viable theory. It doesn't explain anything.

Thank you for your contribution. All valid points. Hence my OP, a very strange mystery.
1.) We cannot find the craft. ( I realize the Ocean is immense, but you would think with the technology we have, and the elapsed time, we would know a lot more. IMO)

2.) I 'just' appears that this mystery has just dropped off the face of the earth. Of course, there could be a lot going on behind the scenes that we just don't know about. So, I cannot discount that. However, I just wanted to raise or elevate the attention to this mystery and the multitude of theories and conspiracy discussions.

Cheers

edit on 19-11-2016 by 1TruthTeller because: added a word

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
1. Pilot Zaharie Ahmad Shah or his copilot Fariq Abdul Hamid (or both) flew MH 370 NE out over the South China sea, turned off the transponders, climbed above the service ceiling of the aircraft, depressurized the cabin (killing or incapacitating the passengers).

2. He then turned around and descended to a mid-low altitude on a SW heading entering Malay airspace near the Thai-Malay border and continued on this heading traveling over Zaharie's hometown of Penang on the west coast of peninsular Malaysia before flying out over the Straight of Malacca.

3. To avoid detection and possible interception for unscheduled entry into Indonesian airspace they then turned to a NW heading and flew out over the Andaman Sea.

4. Once well outside Indonesian airspace, they made a hard left turn to a SSW heading toward the Indian Ocean.

5. They then proceeded on this SW heading until exhausting the fuel supply and crashed into the Indian Ocean roughly 1,000 miles off the western coast of Australia.

While a cabin / cockpit fire scenario could possibly explain steps #1 and #2...no scenario other than "intentional act" can explain steps #3 and #4. Step #5 could have any number of explanations, but they are all academic because by this point the ultimate fate of MH370 had been determined. Further, regarding step #1; no non-pilot would know enough to disable the aircraft in this fashion without disabling it to the point of no longer being able to fly (ruling out terrorist act from outside the flight deck).

That's what happened to MH370.

The "why?" element may remain forever a mystery, but that's what happened.

edit on 11/19/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1TruthTeller

originally posted by: schuyler

Thank you for your contribution. All valid points. Hence my OP, a very strange mystery.
1.) We cannot find the craft. ( I realize the Ocean is immense, but you would think with the technology we have, and the elapsed time, we would know a lot more. IMO)

Slight change: We have not found the craft. Yup, the ocean is vast and deep: Mean depth 12,000 feet. Max depth 24,000 feet. Square miles: 27 million. Compare US square miles: 3.8 million. So the Indian Ocean is about six times bigger than the land mass of the US and we haven't found a single airplane that, when it was in one piece, was a couple hundred feet long. Just look at your plot for where stuff has washed up. It could be anywhere.

2.) I 'just' appears that this mystery has just dropped off the face of the earth. Of course, there could be a lot going on behind the scenes that we just don't know about. So, I cannot discount that. However, I just wanted to raise or elevate the attention to this mystery and the multitude of theories and conspiracy discussions.

One of the issues we have here is allocation of resources. I don't know how much money who has spent so far, but it's got to be millions. So who's responsibility is it to find this thing? I know Australia has been out looking, but why should they, really? It wasn't their plane. Malaysia is probably not the richest nation in the world. Most of the passengers were Chinese. I know families "want to come to closure" but they're not paying for it. I don't know this for a fact, but I imagine Australia has come to the conclusion that they tried, but did not find it. Sorry, but we're done.

So yeah, I think you are correct. the mystery has dropped off the face of the Earth. It remains buried in the Indian Ocean and will likely stay that way.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Man, those debris areas are SO FAR apart. Maybe a few of the areas aren't actually from the flight, or TPTB were trying to plant evidence to make it look like debris from the plane for whatever reason. I remember this when it happened, and it was all over the news for a while, then it kind of just disappeared. Strange that we still do not have an explanation as to what actually happened.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I remain convinced that the Malaysians know exactly what happened, but they will never tell. I lived in the country for several years and I understand their mentality very well. "Saving face" is FAR more important to them than life itself.

The paragraph above is pure speculation on my part, but just their handling of the investigation within the country screams volumes about what they really know, and what they're alleging to know (or not know). It also fits exactly with their cultural values.

edit on 11/19/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join