It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump University Settles Fraud Claims for $25 Million

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The case has been dragging on for years because Trump wanted it to but funny enough, his lawyers asked the judge to suspend it until after he was sworn in but the judge told them to settle instead. I do believe if the judge allowed it, Trump being president would have made that case null and void, I think.

Slimy anyway you cut it.
edit on 18-11-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
I do believe if the judge allowed it, Trump being president would have made that case null and void, I think.

No, a sitting president can be sued. They can't just waive it away. The precedence was set in the Bill Clinton/Paula Jones case.

He wasn't going to escape it somehow as president.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Yup, that's it. The judge said no.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
So... Trump voters still supporting this fraud? Just wondering where that line is now.... The one that dictates how low his voters will go to keep supporting this piece of sh#t. I've been assuming there is no line and this slides right down their throats same as everything else he gives them.
edit on 19-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Still better than HRC!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yeah because you've been brainwashed by right wing media to hate her no matter what.

So you stick with your racist, misogynist, mentally handicapped, con man.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Do we know eachother? Have we met in person? You know nothing..NOTHING about me but what you've seen on a screen.

You sound so very desperate when you toss out your ad hom laced sentiments.

Construct an argument, the cloud of BS has sprung a massive leak. The silly derogatory adjectives have lost their weight.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: kurthall

No he didn't.

Stop spreading lies.

No wonder low-info Hillary voters are so ignorant and angry.

Donald Trump's Ex-Wife Ivana Disavows Old 'Rape' Allegation

"I have recently read some comments attributed to me from nearly 30 years ago at a time of very high tension during my divorce from Donald," she said in the statement today. "The story is totally without merit. Donald and I are the best of friends and together have raised 3 children that we love and are very proud of."

Ivana Trump had already walked back the rape allegation in 1993 as the book was about to be published.

abcnews.go.com...

The daily mail and Chanel 4 both alledged early this year that trump raped his ex wife and assaulted her by pulling clumps of her hair out

He even taunted her with "did it hurt" when he saw her leave the spare bedroom in the morning

IF the mail and Chanel 4 are lying Trump can sue for slander,and he has not as he knows the court case records will be bought up showing what his ex said

At least the trump stories online have actual facts and history we can look at rather than the false rumour anti Clinton smear campaign thrown out by the lunatics who believe their social Media feeds and silly little blogs

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
just for the lolz - i wonder - does anyone have a break down of ` where the 25 million will go ` ???

i has googled - but just get mired in wingnut crap

in my mind - the most important questions :

is there a state // federal fine to come out of that ` pot ` ?? - if so - how much

how many ` class action " victims "` are there ?

and of course - the biggie - the bottom feeders -- oops trial layers " share "

TIA

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I do believe if the judge allowed it, Trump being president would have made that case null and void, I think.

No, a sitting president can be sued. They can't just waive it away. The precedence was set in the Bill Clinton/Paula Jones case.

He wasn't going to escape it somehow as president.

Yes. I guess some people still like to make up scenarios whereby they can make some anti-Trump claim.
I don't expect that to stop, but it will diminish down to a just a few die hards.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Pretty unheard of, an elected president facing a slam dunk case of fraud.
Lock him up!
Lock him up!
Lock him up!

No? make him president instead lol.

Drain the swamp and fill it back with pure sewerage. Swamp to Cess pool, congratulations clever clever clever people.

edit on 19-11-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Pretty unheard of, an elected president facing a slam dunk case of fraud.
Lock him up!
Lock him up!
Lock him up!

No? make him president instead lol.

Drain the swamp and fill it back with pure sewerage. Swamp to Cess pool, congratulations clever clever clever people.

Priceless.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Screams guilt when people settle out of court.
I have laughed at the people defending their saviour though. The hypocrisy is astounding.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
I've been assuming there is no line and this slides right down their throats same as everything else he gives them.

Negan = Trump

Rick Grimes = His voters.

Walking Dead reference. .....

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Yup, that's it. The judge said no.

The fact is, Trump could have fired his attorney and the judge would have had to grant him a continuance to hire new Counsel. But he didn't.

He could have asked the Republican Congress to pass legislation barring a President from being sued. But he didn't.

In its decision in Clinton v. Jones, the Supreme Court noted that Congress could pass legislation to shield sitting presidents from civil suits.

Link

Instead, he settled, and that was the right thing to do, IMO.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlbanArthur

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
I've been assuming there is no line and this slides right down their throats same as everything else he gives them.

Negan = Trump

Rick Grimes = His voters.

Walking Dead reference. .....

100% agree! Glad you caught the reference.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

How gracious of him to NOT choose to change the laws to stop him being imprisoned for fraud.
edit on 19-11-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

How gracious.

I'm not saying it was gracious. But since I don't trust Trump and find his longtime friendship with the Clintons meaningful, I was skeptical about his previous refusal to settle. Had a jury found him liable for fraud, that could have been grounds to Object to the electoral votes cast for him when Congress counts and certifies the votes.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

They would have found him liable.

So do whatever it takes to stay president was the moral tact to take on this?
Okaaay.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

They would have found him liable.

So do whatever it takes to stay president was the moral tact to take on this?
Okaaay.

I know they would have.

I don't like Trump and didn't vote for him. I didn't vote for Hillary either.

But I have been disenfranchised, for 16 years, by two parties that I think scheme against us and manipulate elections with dirty tricks.

I can put up with four years of Trump. But I am not sure I could handle it if this election was overturned.

I have put up with many presidents that I think got away with criminal activity. Trump being a fraud is not worse than Bush or Obama starting illegal wars. I put up with that.

My back is against the wall with disenfranchisement. I prioritize on what I think I can handle and i didn't have any faith that Hillary would restore ethics to the Presidency.

I haven't voted for a winner since 1996.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join