It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon official who bullied Christian bakery owners loses election

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: UKTruth

My completely flawed logic is shared by the Oregon justice system which found that bar owner in violation of its civil right laws. Hence the reason they lost and had to pay up.

The transgender didn't ask them to make a drink that "represented gay people". They were paying customers. The bar owner later left voice messages telling them not to come back to the bar because he didn't want the bar to be associated with gay or transgender.

The law there prohibits private businesses from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.

My logic is fine. Discrimination like this is not.

Yes, and those laws will be reversed pretty soon as the world rejects this flawed logic foisted on society by Progressives.
Your flaw in logic was to compare two different things.
I fully support any punishment for a bar just refusing to serve a gay person a drink they would ordinarily serve to a straight person.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I fully support any punishment for a bar just refusing to serve a gay person a drink they would ordinarily serve to a straight person.

So what are you arguing? The bar owner was found in violation of the civil right laws. He denied them service via unlawful discrimination. He did it, he got punished.

Yes, and those laws will be reversed pretty soon as the world rejects this flawed logic foisted on society by
Progressives.

....but you just said... heh, never mind.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I imagine they'd sell me a car and tell me it would take a little while to get the detailing done.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

So you agree with Progressives? LOL

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

So you agree with Progressives? LOL

No, I agree with common sense.
Not everything Progressives demand is wrong. But when it goes too far and becomes utterly stupid, the push back occurs and you get Donald Trump as President, Steve Bannon as his key advisor, and a slew of other appointments to come including the potential of Ted Cruz as AG (good luck with your bakery protests then). One wonders whether Progressives will learn their lesson and understand that they live in world where not everyone is the same and they have to work on compromises that suit all people.
edit on 17/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I imagine they'd sell me a car and tell me it would take a little while to get the detailing done.

Yep - at a different shop

Similarly the lesbians getting married could have ordered a cake and then added their own detailing, like two women on top, or some extra decoration.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

That's like saying a victim of abuse is responsible for their own beating.

The two men were denied a cake entirely.
edit on 11/17/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
People have had enough of the radical Left's bullying their PC agenda down everyone's throats.
Throw all the bums out. By 2018 they will be a passing bad memory in the halls of power.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The two women were denied a cake entirely.

The free market determines which cake bakery will survive. If the market demands gay cakes then a business will start up that caters to gay cakes as well as every other cake and put the businesses who don't serve the needs of the market out of business.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The two men were denied a cake entirely.

They didn't get a beating. That kind of comparison is part of the Progressive problem.
The truth is the most logical course of action would be for the lesbian couple to go to another cake shop.
They would not even have been denied a cake if they just went into the shop and ordered a wedding cake - then got that cake decorated separately with a few finishing touches - like two women on top.
Perhaps gay people should stop using their sexuality as a weapon.
There are many things to die in a ditch over, not being able to force a bakery to make your wedding cake is not one of them.

Like I said, the no compromise 'my way or the highway' approach, coupled with rampant virtue signalling, is a big reason why Donald Trump is president and Ted 'ban everything that is not Christian' Cruz is on the horizon.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

A free market wouldn't deny service based on feelings.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

The most logical thing actually is for the bigot bakers to honor the contract they have with their local government that states they will do business with the public.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Oh look people defending bigotry and calling it freedom.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Maybe we should just put all the bigots in re-education camps, problem solved!

Better make a lot of space though, because the label has been stretched so far that anyone that even questions or criticizes the leftist narrative is now considered a bigot.
edit on 17-11-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Oh look people defending bigotry and calling it freedom.

Nah.
People rejecting the liberal view point of what bigotry actually is, more like...and about time too.
You are going to have to find some other ways of winning debates now.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I see you're ignoring inconvenient truths now.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I see you're ignoring inconvenient truths now.

Progressives don't know anything about truth, inconvenient or not.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Keep dodging.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: goou111

Now we understand each others view on that. Obviously, I don't agree that's a reasonable solution to this issue. The problem is that they're discriminating on the basis of gender and or orientation.

Universites do this as a matter of policy....

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
is ats really so childish it would willingly divide itself into an "us vs them" dichotomy? do you guys really not understand how you are playing into the tptb divide and conquer strategy? its not left vs right, its we the people vs our most unsavory qualities as a nation. we should be working on ourselves as a sea-to-shining-sea family. we must mature together or fall apart. otherwise we might as well invest in those bunkers right now.

<< 1    3 >>

join