It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No to Trump? LAPD No help To Trump To deport immigrants/Do Nothing Different

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Sounds like a state declaring it will refuse to comply with federal law.

Very dangerous imo.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Repeated illegal immigration is a felony. Those caught on their first offense wouldn't be a felony. I'm sure a good many are repeat offenders. Hell I know tons here where I live are repeat offenders. I ask why they keep coming back and they simply say they continue to return because it's easy to get back in.
edit on 14-11-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

I agree that people being here illegally is a huge problem. Most of them are honest people here to improve their lives. We should figure out a better system.
But the bad ones need to go.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

That I can agree with. I've known many and they are good people, they work hard and dare I say seem to have a better head on their shoulders than many of my fellow Americans. But with that said they are still breaking the law and even though they just want a better life they are hurting the country as a whole including their fellow Mexicans that came here the legal way. As for the criminal ones that bring drugs and violence across into our country...Remove them with extreme prejudice.
edit on 14-11-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yep, it's easy to get into the country and no consequences for getting caught. With Obama at the helm there's no worry at all. Jump the border...take advantage of all that we have to offer...get caught...get a free ride home to visit family and friends or just ignore deportation orders and continue to abuse our country...lather, rinse, repeat.

Obama's policy on border security and illegal aliens is an American tragedy.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I can see not pulling someone over for checking citizenship, but if you arrest someone, you need to assist and cooperate with federal authorities. You risk losing federal dollars if you continue such behavior
edit on 14-11-2016 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Looks like LAPD is saying they still won't pull someone over to check if they are legal or not, and haven't since 1979.

My ass! This is the policy of the brass and on up from there. There's no way the guys on the force aren't
sick to death of the steep rise in "Hit and run" accidents in L.A. especially. But in reality it's nation wide.
And when you hear about a "hit n run"? Place your bets, it will most likely be someone who was already
an illegal criminal. On his 4th or 5th turn a round.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoren

Repeated illegal immigration is a felony. Those caught on their first offense wouldn't be a felony. I'm sure a good many are repeat offenders. Hell I know tons here where I live are repeat offenders. I ask why they keep coming back and they simply say they continue to return because it's easy to get back in.

I'm from Sonoma County, N. California 8-10 years ago, I knew a dozen or so immigrants(?) whom were been deported for DUI, suspended/lack of license, theft, assault, etc. And to my amazement most would take from 1-2 months to get back 500+ miles from the border. I asked some how they do it and they said they have a system...with a down payment a cartel/coyote ring transports you to where you need to be, and if you pay them off the rest in a few weeks they forget about you...easy peasy.
We need to enforce the borders and the laws.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I know this statement is likely to catch me some flak...but to be honest I am completely puzzled by the attitudes of these "sanctuary cities". It is as if they are saying don't touch our illegals we want them here and we won't assist in the law being enforced with regards to legal deportation.

Using good ole L.A. for an example it is as if they are saying that they want slave labor but don't want to actually call it slave labor. Let's be honest.....the illegals usually end up doing jobs that some people wouldn't envy for far less money than it would take to pay a legal citizen and it seems to me that in and of itself is a form of exploitation.

I say if they want their illegals so bad then maybe we should build walls around the cities and let them keep 'em......

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
If the LAPD refused to enforce Federal Law, those involved can be removed from office. And a Federal Judge will be placed in charge and the law will be enforced.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

My ass! This is the policy of the brass and on up from there. There's no way the guys on the force aren't sick to death of the steep rise in "Hit and run" accidents in L.A. especially. But in reality it's nation wide. And when you hear about a "hit n run"? Place your bets, it will most likely be someone who was already an illegal criminal. On his 4th or 5th turn a round.

Great point, never even considered that. Just another reason that there needs to be a standard that all jurisdictions follow, Thanks

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Well here goes how they shut the hell up and do it.

The person is issued an arrest warrant for the crime he is being deported for. The police go to serve said warrant for said crime.....because its their job, and if they dont serve valid arrest warrants, they are fired.

"Oh look, you are illegal too" they say in booking....Out ya go, from one cell to another and then freedom facing your countrys interior.

Because he is only going after illegals with a criminal record. Funny, we have cops in this country that we pay to deal with criminals.....

edit on 11 14 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

"Oh look, you are illegal too" they say in booking....Out ya go, from one cell to another and then freedom facing your countrys interior.

Letting the illegal go, is a waste of $. Think about the time involved, and I imagine that is just the tip of the ice burg.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
easy way to get around the LAPD. allow ICE to act as a police organization and let them be backed up by national guard under the NDAA.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
When I worked patrol in Florida I would come across illegals on a fairly regular basis.

I would contact ICE and let them know what I had. Generally, they would not respond to the scene. They would just take the person's name and tell me to release them.

The only problem is the vast majority of the time they did not give their actual name. They always carried around these fake "international drivers licenses."

There really was/is no way to verify who these individuals are because they don't have social security numbers or valid American identification.

I wouldn't be surprised if I released violent criminals back into the public.

Of course, if ICE cooperated this wouldn't have been as big of an issue.

Maybe with a new Administration we can finally have functioning immigration enforcement.

edit on 15-11-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

When I worked patrol in Florida I would come across illegals on a fairly regular basis.

I would then contact ICE and let them know what I had. Generally, they would not respond to the scene. They would just take the person's name and tell me/us to release them.

The only problem is the vast majority of the time they did not give their actual name. They always carried around these fake "international drivers licenses."

There really was/is no way to verify who these individuals are because they don't have social security numbers or valid American identification.

I wouldn't be surprised if I let go violent criminals.

Now, of course if ICE cooperated this wouldn't have been as big of an issue.

Maybe with a new Administration we can have functioning immigration enforcement.

Ever notice how easy someone else's job is? All ya got to do is deport them.....

I would imagine under a Trump admin, there will be a bump in ICE support.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Yes, trust me I do.

Whether it is local LEO doing all the work and making the arrest then the FBI piggy backing with their own charges and taking the credit for it, or local LEO locating an illegal and the only thing that ICE has to do is show up and do paperwork (even though often times they don't), yes I do.

Oh those Feds...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yeah the big O's administration pioneered threatening states with loss of federal funding if the states did not comply. I would LOVE to see trump use a play from that playbook here. ALL THE SANCTUARY cities begin following the law or lose fed tax dollars. Think the blue state citizens would mind making that amount up themselves?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I love it! The Left who makes a living demonizing and protesting the police is now suddenly on the police's side and is glad they aren't enforcing the law. You just can't make this stuff up!!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
cut off the federal money to the whole state

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join