It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No to Trump? LAPD No help To Trump To deport immigrants/Do Nothing Different

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Looks like LAPD is saying they still won't pull someone over to check if they are legal or not, and haven't since 1979.
Chief Beck said the department stopped turning criminals over for minor crimes during his rein.
Good, I think Trump's plan is to start with convicted illegals.

Seems like if you got an illegal, should they be deported?

What about the chief's stance on releasing known illegals, should he be employed.

os Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck said Monday that he has no plans to change the LAPD’s stance on immigration enforcement, despite President-elect Donald Trump’s pledge to toughen federal immigration laws and deport millions of people upon taking office.

For decades, the LAPD has distanced itself from federal immigration policies. The LAPD prohibits officers from initiating contact with someone solely to determine whether he or she is in the country legally, mandated by a special order signed by then-chief Daryl Gates in 1979. During Beck’s tenure as chief, the department stopped turning over people arrested for low-level crimes to federal agents for deportation and moved away from honoring federal requests to detain inmates who might be deportable past their jail terms.
From Our Partners: Journalist Gwen Ifill dies of cancer

On Monday, Beck said he planned to maintain the long-standing separation.

“I don’t intend on doing anything different,” he said. “We are not going to engage in law enforcement activities solely based on somebody’s immigration status. We are not going to work in conjunction with Homeland Security on deportation efforts. That is not our job, nor will I make it our job.”

www.latimes.com...

edit on 14-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

They must be too busy being thieves err "peace officers" handing out tickets like candy to collect funds from people just trying to get around and make a living. Not much money in finding and apprehending illegals.

I wonder what their position would be if illegals were taking their jobs?
edit on 14-11-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Non Issue,

All I have heard so far is deporting criminal illegal aliens. Now if they refuse to do that, cut off their Federal funding.
edit on 14-11-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
All illegal aliens are criminals. Kinda why they are called illegal.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Non Issue, All I have heard so far is deporting criminal illegal aliens. Now if they refuse to do that, cut off their Federal funding.

I want to know why we have an illegal in custody and we let them go. What does it cost to do that all over again?

I would think Trump is going to have the same question. I completely understand why the police won't pull over and check for citizenship. But if you got the illegal ship'em back to country of origin.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The millions of illegal aliens in the US did not get her overnight and can't be deported overnight...but we can damn well get started.

And the liberals can stop their charade of calling this an "immigration" issue. It's about enforcing the law and protecting the security of the nation...not immigration policy.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LeonardChilds

The millions of illegal aliens in the US did not get her overnight and can't be deported overnight...but we can damn well get started. And the liberals can stop their charade of calling this an "immigration" issue. It's about enforcing the law and protecting the security of the nation...not immigration policy.

I have a feeling come January 20th the lib's will feel a the Trump effect.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
City cops have never had authority to deport.

What will they announce next - refusal to cooperate in a nuclear launch?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

They may not have authority to deport but they can hand them over to the agency that does.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

Anyone can help a fugitive.... and risk being charged as an accomplice or accessory.

edit on 14-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It's Los Angeles.

How else are they going to fill those menial low paying jobs? The entire fabric of LA has been woven by immigrants to support the rich. It's a spring of liberal ideology and represents what the rest of America would begin to look like if Hillary had won.

How Los Angeles Is Becoming a ‘Third World’ City

A 1991 book by David Rieff cited visitors who were stunned by “seeing nothing but brown faces, hearing nothing but Spanish on the streets.” The arrival of coffee-colored Latino masses (like me and my Guatemalan-American family), together with the spread of Mandarin and Korean logograms on street signs, led Mr. Rieff to call this the “capital of the third world."

As a native of the city, I was offended to hear it tagged with such a denigrating label. But in recent years, and for different reasons, I’ve come to believe that a metropolis of the “developing world,” to use a more polite expression, is being born here.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Sure Chief, and I guess your department doesn't need any of those federal tax dollars either.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Trump said criminal illegals.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Umm. The very nature of them being here is criminal...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

City cops have never had authority to deport. What will they announce next - refusal to cooperate in a nuclear launch?

They also aren't Dr's, but they call paramedics.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Of course now that police chief is bad for not wanting to randomly pull people over and assume they are criminals, hes a tw@t...
So he said deportation is not their jobs and they are wrong... Right?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Who said that pulling people over to check for citizenship is a good idea?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoren

Umm. The very nature of them being here is criminal...

Ya think?
He was specifically talking about deporting felons, not everyone who is just here illegally.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Ya think? He was specifically talking about deporting felons, not everyone who is just here illegally.

Start with the felons. That first word makes all the difference.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
dp
edit on 14-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join