It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump said he plans to immediately deport 2 to 3 million criminal undocumented immigrants.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: rdw134
I read a joke a while back that said it best. Calling a illegal immigrant a undocumented citizen is like calling a meth dealer an undocumented pharmacist.
Ever country has the right to control their boarders. If you truly worry about terrorism then you need to know what is coming in.
Yes you are right we need to be wise as serpents but harmless as doves

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I agree. The point I was making was that besides being illegal criminals, they are also convicted criminals, convicted of other crimes as well.

Why does the left support crime?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I agree. The point I was making was that besides being illegal criminals, they are also convicted criminals, convicted of other crimes as well.

Why does the left support crime?

If they have a vote...the left will gladly lick their asses.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think Trumps actual quote was deport if able, imprison if not. The problem there is it implies we have the ability to imprison another 3 million people. Not only can the courts not handle the caseload, but we don't physically have the space. We would have to build new prisons in every state the illegals reside. So really his statement is deport if able, do nothing if their country won't accept them back.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
I think Trumps actual quote was deport if able, imprison if not. The problem there is it implies we have the ability to imprison another 3 million people. Not only can the courts not handle the caseload, but we don't physically have the space. We would have to build new prisons in every state the illegals reside. So really his statement is deport if able, do nothing if their country won't accept them back.

Wonder how much more room we'd have if they would legalize marijuana and free everyone imprisoned for it.

RC

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
we don't have the money to jail them, we must work with the mexican government to take back the illegals and do everything they can to stop illegal immigration on their side of the border as a return favor perhaps we can help mexico get rid of the cartels. legalizing marijuana would be one way to hit the cartels where it hurts, their wallets. the cartels make a lot of money off marijuana if we legalize it they will take a financial hit. we have to have cooperation from mexico if we are going to efficiently secure the border.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut
Yeah, I don't doubt that when it comes to the wall and deportation, Trump's probably going to leverage 'helping them with the cartel issue' in some way in exchange. Mexico's government is desperate -- they are barely even government in many ways. They need us a lot more than we need them, on several levels.

Also, note that allegedly they will *reimburse* us for the wall in some way -- that is not the same as paying for up front. So I think some kind of monetary incentive that would make them able to do so is likely part of this plan.

RC

edit on 17-11-2016 by RedCairo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111
And it begins, lets get all the illegal ones out of here ASAP. If you want to be here do it right and legally and you will be let in.

If you dont want to do it legally GTFO and dont come back.

President-elect Donald Trump’s hard-line immigration stance was a central part of his campaign message in 2016 -- and he said in an interview airing Sunday that he plans to immediately deport approximately two to three million undocumented immigrants.

“What we are going to do is get the people that are criminal and have criminal records, gang members, drug dealers, where a lot of these people, probably two million, it could be even three million, we are getting them out of our country or we are going to incarcerate,” Trump said in an interview with CBS’ “60 Minutes.” “But we’re getting them out of our country, they’re here illegally.”

www.cbsnews.com...

Lets start with Trump's wife

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
They can prove 2 million illegal immigrants are felons?

That’s sounds kind of bazaar

Would that overload the justice system?

overall I just see a humanitarian disaster

an economic disaster

a public relations disaster

and people aren't just going to sit by and let Trump do these draconian things

blowback's a bitch

edit on 17-11-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

She's a legal citizen and now a us citizen because she applied to become an amarican and followed the rules. Do you realize your statement only reinforces the fact that illegal Immagration is a problem?? Why should people become citizens if all they have to do is sneak across the border and get a job. As non citizens they get full advantages of citizens without income taxes heck of a deal id say.
edit on 11/17/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

Quite a few statements of hope and wishful thinking in that article.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Here is what I wonder: how does this coincide with the BOP announcing the closure of all contracted prisons? The contracted federal prisons along the border states hold tons of illegal immigrant prisoners that are slated for deportation as the prisons close. Is he just taking advantage of the numbers expected from this process?

If so....that sly devil. If not, looks like Ill have some neighbors moving out in the middle of the night.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
They can prove 2 million illegal immigrants are felons?
That’s sounds kind of bazaar
Would that overload the justice system?

Well yeah, so I think you may have misunderstood the context of this. They are not talking about 'potential' criminals (suspects), they are talking about people already convicted. There is documentation already since they went through the court system and often spent time in jail or prison. It's simply that instead of being deported afterward, they were released into the country (and then "sheltered" by sanctuary cities).

overall I just see a humanitarian disaster
...and people aren't just going to sit by and let Trump do these draconian things

We already have existing laws. He did not make them. They are simply not being enforced.

The job of a president is to enforce the laws of the land. As an integral part of that, to make sure the people working under him/her do so, as it's their job too but the President is the boss. Since the laws exist because they are part of the nation's security on several levels, that matters too. Wanting to finally do the job people were supposed to have been doing in that chair for half a century and haven't, does not make him wicked. It would make him the first truly competent person at the job, by the definition of the constitution which is what literally defines and empowers the job.

definition of draconian: (of laws or their application) excessively harsh and severe.

People are assuming so much, and the worst.

First they must get a handle on border security. Second they need to get the known criminals out. Then they can make a decision about the rest. By then, assuming the border security has been decent, anybody here will have been here for at least a few years.

But they're not going to be able to export the elderly, the seriously ill, children, parents of children, and that's a huge number. Nor can they instantly put many millions of people on every social service list. For that matter just doing the paperwork, even with computers, is gonna be a nightmare. I truly believe they will offer a sort of "graduated steps to citizenry" at that point. It will probably take years, it would have likely the same requirements and filtering that people coming in legally do, and there would be trigger stuff like if you commit a crime you're out, obviously. But it would allow people to not have to worry about being deported, pay taxes, have medical, and so on.

Right now the slightest thing that seems like a "maybe" from our leaders leads to big increases of people at the border about half of whom 'escape' into the country (and many of those apprehended end up released as well). So they can't say anything! We'd be utterly sieged. If anything they should talk tough to discourage people from trying.

But once the border is decently secured and the most dangerous elements are processed out, then it would be vastly less an issue to work something out with the people left inside. It'd take many years and cost a lot of money.

It might affect the numbers we allow to legally immigrate from outside for those years. But realistically, if we
a> cut the incoming numbers from the top seven US legal immigrant nations in half or so, we'd have a quarter million fewer legal immigrants from outside each year, and we could use that time to process at least that many already inside.

(see this chartfor a list of the countries from which we take folks. It's a 2014-quantity sorted list, only the first half of the full data which is the second table on this page.)

b> If we removed most the countries where terrorism is at issue from our incoming rolls, and reduced dramatically (increased filtering preferences) for many others with fair risk, we could use all those spots of existing-processing-effort to deal with in-country instead.

There would be a segment of population that would protest this but I totally trust that all the people who would prefer it, which it at least half DJT's base, plus the whole left who obviously would, will be enough to bring it about. It would be economically impractical to deport 10 million+ and as noted, inhumane in so many cases.

economic disaster
a public relations disaster

It's already the latter and nothing's even happened yet. But I for one would like to focus on what is good for our country not on what everybody else thinks of us. That's how teenagers run their world, not how adults should.

RC

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Here is what I wonder: how does this coincide with the BOP announcing the closure of all contracted prisons? The contracted federal prisons along the border states hold tons of illegal immigrant prisoners that are slated for deportation as the prisons close. Is he just taking advantage of the numbers expected from this process?

If so....that sly devil. If not, looks like Ill have some neighbors moving out in the middle of the night.

Wait, what? I hadn't heard anything about this.

I used to be totally for privatizing prisons until they did it and it became obvious it was Worst. Idea. Ever. Do you mean they're going to stop??

Edited to add: here's a link to an NPR article about the closure and why.
www.npr.org...
It turns out that's only for federal prisons, not state private prisons. And: they are almost entirely illegals (if not entirely) already in those.

RC

PS how I wish they would be willing to release from prison all the citizens jailed for things now LEGAL such as marijuana. That would not only incentivize the states to legalize stuff that should be (like that), but it would free up a lot of room and money (and give people back their lives).

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Nobody said it would be easy:

ICE’s estimate does not include all of the immigration fugitives who skipped out on their hearings; currently there are more than 940,000 aliens who have been ordered removed but are still here.

Stay positive!

Hope That Does Not Disappoint

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

Sorry but I was just pointing out that the article was an Op-ed piece that didn't really share how Trump's administration planned on doing any of this but only shared how the author thought it could be done.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedCairo
I used to be totally for privatizing prisons until they did it and it became obvious it was Worst. Idea. Ever. Do you mean they're going to stop??
Edited to add: here's a link to an NPR article about the closure and why.
www.npr.org...

A few hours later after reading about 10 articles about this including the one above, I had to stop and just weep. I can't f'in believe that situation. I can't believe what's not being done about it or about the corps, or the people in charge, etc.

RC

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join