It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telegraph employees tweet out time to assassinate a president

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Looks like both her twitter and facebook accounts have been deleted.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Like I always have said, how do you destroy a nation? you do it from within, eroding the nations values and what people hold dear, then go after the citizens that are easily target and create chaos.

edit on 10-11-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Absolutely correct.

Our government...media...and institutions are failing us.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

It has accelerated dramatically in the last 8 years, I always see the targeting of the police and encouragement coming from those higher up as a red flag.

Make people no afraid of authorities so they can retaliate easily when the time is right.

let see what is going to happen in the next few days, I wonder if the police will become targets too.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
I thought that Trump supporters were supposed to be the violent ones

I've been thinking about this. They would have been highly dangerous, just not as open about all of it. Instead of 50k marching, it would have been 5k arming up for domestic terror. Maybe I'm wrong, but the feel of blood is in the air by the way both candidates ran their campaigns.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
well here is a start to getting this bulsh@@ stopped.
me i sent a email demanding a public apology and termination of these two.

reminded them about how bad it could look for them keeping these people in their employ. and how word of mouth could effect their bottom line and make them look no better than a fish wrapper from the good ol days.

whether any thing happens is yet to be seen.

you know i don't normally do things like this, but it pissed me off. people posting sh@@ like this thinking it's all fine and dandy and should not have any repercussions need to find out the hard way that it does.

the telegraphs contact page.
The Telegraph

edit on 11-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: oh and be sure to save the screen shots. i would tell you what i said but that might be against T&C.
edit on 11-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Spot on, marg.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

What with our guns and stuff...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Send link to secret service she will be arrested. Problem solved as they say.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I am really astonished that this should come from the Telegraph.
I would have expected it from the Guardian, which is a home-journal for left-wing politics (the BBC recruits from its ad pages).
The Telegraph, though- that's a well established Conservative newspaper.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
Having said that, here is a similar joke on last Friday's edition of the comedy news quiz "Have I got news for you". 13 minutes in.

(No British P.M. has been assassinated since Spencer Percival, two hundred years ago, so they are less serious on the subject than an American would be)

edit on 11-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

This is nuts.

And, BTW, another disaffected moderate liberal here. I really felt like the left was sheep-herding me more to the right with all the crazy and all the corruption.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Yesterday I learned it's an criminal offense to say the words "I want to kill the President" and although her words were "It's about time for a presidential assassination" isn't it still a criminal offense? Shouldn't she be charged for this?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for free speech but this butthurt comments (especially from the media) are going too far.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Danowski
True, but this is British newspaper and at least one of the pair seems to be a London resident. I'm not sure about the state of the law.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I'd be moved to mild anger if it wasn't for the fact we see so many posters on here calling for the same of foreign leaders. We are not the safe zone in the "kill-their-leader-war-of-words" arena.

Ergo, I can't be bothered to get my knickers in a twist over foreign journalists in a foreign country doing what domestic posters on here already suggest regarding foreign heads of state. If it's untouchable period, practice what you preach and start going after everyone who supports it (or supported, in the case of now-dead foreign leaders) That includes those who've supported "getting rid of" Lil Kim, Gaddafi, Saddam, etc. If saying a head of state should be taken out at someone's fancy is the crime of all crimes, then all heads should be hands-off in this regard, correct? This one's a tricky slope, answer carefully.
edit on 11/11/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Well, you could at least be pissed that it gives credence to Trump's tweet about the media inciting the protests.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare
a reply to: Nyiah

Well, you could at least be pissed that it gives credence to Trump's tweet about the media inciting the protests.

Stupid is as stupid does then.
edit on 11/11/2016 by Nyiah because: god dammit, this keyboard is about toast.

Quick addition -- When I say that, I mean both the journalists and the people getting their ideas from them. The journalists should have kept it to their private SM, and if people can't think for themselves without a tweet to back it, then they're effing 'tards. Not even bright enough for 're'.
edit on 11/11/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Danowski
True, but this is British newspaper and at least one of the pair seems to be a London resident. I'm not sure about the state of the law.

Woops, totally forgot that the telegraph is british. Well then, thanks for answering my question

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The initial tweet is at five minutes to midnight U.K. time on the night of the elections. Having watched the election results unfold (in the U.K.) I can categorically state it was still a 2 horse race - Ohio and Florida were yet to declare.

So this begs the question which president exactly was being referred to ?

Either way she was wrong on so many levels to tweet this.
edit on 11-11-2016 by slidingdoor because: adding date of tweet

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: slidingdoor
An interesting point. The reply was "That's all we've been talking about for the last hour". That suggests a reaction to the way things were going, which suggests a reaction to Trump's improvement.

A technical point to consider- would the time shown on the screenshot not be the time in the screenshot-taker's timezone, rather than the Tweeter's time-zone? In that case, it could have been midnight New York, when things would have been getting more obvious. We need to have seen the previous tweets, which would tell us what else was happening at that time.

edit on 11-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join