It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open challenge to all US Citizens / Voters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
After all of the rhetoric.

After all of the partyline posturing.

After all of the partisan bickering back and forth on ATS.

My challenge is that you would let me know precisely what it is you think you're going to have changed? Because as far as I can see, come November 9th, you will have affected exactly nothing.

No one will trust the Government any more than before.

No one will magically feel less oppressed and more free.

The same anecdotal assumptions will be leveled at the same people (different names, same positions).

The economy will be as volatile as it always was.

Foreign relations wont automatically become palatable.

Politicians will still be liars.

The SAME Politicians will still hold the future of your life in their hands.

The same people will assert that come NEXT election cycle, THAT is when everything will change.

So.....anyone care to take me up on my challenge and show me to be wrong about that? I'm looking forward to the future where I can return to this thread and see (if anyone at all) who and what has transpired over time.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

So.....anyone care to take me up on my challenge and show me to be wrong about that? I'm looking forward to the future where I can return to this thread and see (if anyone at all) who and what has transpired over time.

The only thing I can think of is that after all this we no KNOW for ABSOLUTE CERTAIN that the government is corrupt. We know BEYOND ANY SHADOW OF A DOUBT that Hillary and Bill Clinton operate above the law.

Now, weather that is good or bad remains to be seen.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

It is good.

Not sure about you but right now, just like every other average citizen, my personal assistant is printing out state secrets on my HP LaserJet.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

My challenge is that you would let me know precisely what it is you think you're going to have changed?

it wasn't about changing anything...it was about cheap therapy - being able to bitch and moan, with the only ramification being the the time it took you to read a response.

You over thought this...

link   

I believe the PC SJW culture that the establishment and social media is on orders from the DNC and SOROS to make sure is causing troubles with divisiveness in the population will die down.

I believe that Trump will simply end the action in Syria on the part of the USA and allow Russia, Turkey and Europe to do as they wish.

I believe there will be a renewed focus and vigor on Afghanistan, where we should have concentrated efforts the whole time. Cuz, you know, LITHIUM baby!

I know our First and second amendment rights will be safe again because communist fascists that have hijacked the Democrat party will be sidelined and stopped in their tracks.

I believe there will be honest efforts to reduce and eliminate many Federal agencies and consolidate others to save money, eliminate redundancies, and relegate some power back to the states.

Economy wise??? Bullion should do well under a Trump administration. I also believe there will be less of just letting some city mayors to sick back and "allow criminals to riot and loot" due to being angry about stuff.

link   

The only thing I can think of is that after all this we no KNOW for ABSOLUTE CERTAIN that the government is corrupt. We know BEYOND ANY SHADOW OF A DOUBT that Hillary and Bill Clinton operate above the law.

That may or may not be true, but I don't want to take sides in this little exercise of mine (and honestly I rarely do anyway), I'm more interested in what other people think they have changed, not so much what accusations can be thrown about. There's plenty of that already.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

This is literally how a representative democracy works. If you dont like your rep you vote them out.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If Trump wins he will likely have control of both Houses. That means tax reform will be implemented. The political will to lower taxes on the middle and upper middle will be there. It is a painful experience having to pay 30% tax when majority pay nothing or actually make money by being poor with huge refund checks. They love tax season! Big fat check is coming direct deposit to them. Me, I have to write those checks every single year and they are more and more. Same with the ACA. Every year so far I pay more and more while many pay next to nothing or nothing. It would be a big game changer for me and my family financially.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

That may or may not be true, but I don't want to take sides in this little exercise of mine (and honestly I rarely do anyway), I'm more interested in what other people think they have changed, not so much what accusations can be thrown about. There's plenty of that already.

in all truth, before all this, we had speculation and innuendo. We now have verifiable facts. So anytime someone claims Hillary is the shining beacon of truth and virtue, once we are done laughing, have wiped the tears away, we can show how untrue that really is. Where as before, we could only say angry things we "thought" might be happening.

While it looks like we lost, the conspiracy world did win a small battle here.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I just want to make sure I'm reading you correctly. So you believe that the change you will have affected, is in transparency? Again, just so I don't feel foolish as to your intent.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It is good.

Not sure about you but right now, just like every other average citizen, my personal assistant is printing out state secrets on my HP LaserJet.

If you got those from the released e-mails, umm......I am going to have to ask CNN to stop by and arrest you and your assistant. Justice must be served here after all.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

This is literally how a representative democracy works. If you dont like your rep you vote them out.

Please just try and stick to what it was I had asked. I wasn't looking for clarity on the process, I know the process, but thanks for the input none the less.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It is good.

If you got those from the released e-mails, umm......I am going to have to ask CNN to stop by and arrest you and your assistant. Justice must be served here after all.

Can I seriously cut you guys short here? I know the feeling of wanting to be "more right than the next guy", but there are plenty of other threads for that, I would prefer we just stay on topic.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

...I would prefer we just stay on topic.

It is on topic.

Short of me typing an overly verbose treatise on why I now think I can now get away with wantonly violating Federal law I chose instead to point this out with a satirical pop culture reference. That is what has been affected, we can all now be above the law because of legal precedent.

edit on 7-11-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So, after all is said and done, you think what it is you have changed, with your voice, your vote, whatever it is you choose to call it, is that your assistant gets to print out WikiLeaks emails for you? So I'm clear.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Many people, corporations, the MIC, Congress and most of the rest of the government are betting on nothing will change.

Myself, business as usual, at least for a few years if not four.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

So, after all is said and done, you think what it is you have changed, with your voice, your vote, whatever it is you choose to call it, is that your assistant gets to print out WikiLeaks emails for you? So I'm clear.

You are not clear.

The satirical reference is to the fact that there is a disregard in politics, which has obviously been building, for ethics and the rule of law. A certain candidate repeatedly skirted said laws and, in one notable instance, permitted her maid to print emails that she was not even remotely authorized to view because: ambivalence.

Also, considering the vote is tomorrow I could not have yet used my vote to change anything, but rest assured, I will vote and while it may be me pissing in the wind I think enough people will be disgusted with the status quo that moving forward we may be able to actually make some sort of difference. Hopefully on the local level and then onward to state and federal.

Or maybe I am just a Pollyanna.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

sorry if you don't get this. But you asked the question, "what have we changed?"

We opened the back of the dress and had a peak at the grotesquely ugly ass crack of our government. Right now, all we can see are the dingle berries that exist in the DNC, but with enough leaks, we will see the GOP's stains as well.

If facts aren't what you want to see here, please reword your question.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That was, uh, vivid.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

why I now think I can now get away with wantonly violating Federal law

My belief is that one must be part of the government or a global corporation to qualify for that exemption. Average citizen, excluded.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join