It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming. Time To End That Debate Right Now.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
In the eyes of IPCC, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (Fancy name,
) to the governments that make a wealthy pay check from the tax they charge, they say the following (in layman terms) in regards to ways to stop producing carbon dioxide.

Stop breathing - When you exhale you release carbon dioxide.

Dont drive - Modern world without cars, imagine that.

Don't live in a house/apartment/condo or any building that uses gas or electricity - Homes produce 2-3 times as much carbon as cars.

Don't wear shoes or any sort of clothing produced in a factory. Grow a cotton field and make your own clothes by hand.

Quit school - Those school buildings produce more carbon in a year then you do in 20 years.

Eat meat raw - Whether you're using gas or electric both produce carbon dioxide.

Turn off this monitor and computer - You hypocrite.

Don't use toilets, urinate or poo in your back yard.- The water to your house is cleaned and sent to your house using pumps that use electricity.

Stop exercising - Increasing your heart rate increases the amount of oxygen you take in and turn into carbon dioxide.

Die - If you would so kindly. Dying younger means you will do all of the above less. Living one year less means you will save the earth 8.4 tons of carbon dioxide every year you're not here!
link

In so many words, these are the options given to us by the government that tells us all to stop using their supplies or is it, they just want us to pay more for the honour of using them.

It is funny as this debate often gets those who comment saying how the world should stop using this and that however who provides us that energy? Do they give citizens alternatives? Do they make any effort to close down the already massive industry on oil and electricity? I think we can all answer those rather simple questions with, no.

Just like religion often has us blame ourselves for no wrong doing, now the government wants us to blame ourselves for options we have no power over. (lets be honest the same power hungry religious people run the government, so no surprise there.)

Every Climatologist will tell you the Earth's temperature has been much hotter and colder than it is now.

There was an Ice Age and it warmed up, there was a Mini Ice Age just 500 years ago and it has been warming up ever since. The Industrial Revolution was not around during those periods.

NASA reports because of Solar Flares the Sun is the hottest it has been in over 100 years. There are no cars on the sun.

Global warming is causing ice to melt on Mars. There are no cars on Mars.

Thousands and thousands of studies and experiments prove that more carbon dioxide produces better fruits, vegetables, trees and almost any sort of plant life.

Most of the temperature increase happened before 1940 (Before most carbon dioxide was released by cars and factories)

The hot year of 1998 was caused by El Nino.

Joining the Kyoto Protocol would cost the U.S. approximately $400 Billion every year and would have virtually no effect on earths temperature.
link

and if you do wish to continue your thoughts on humans being the bad guys, here is an interesting article.

Could termites be the world's terminators?

Their estimate was large enough to cause concern - they concluded that termites could produce as much as 150 million tonnes of methane a year. At the same time the amount of methane in the atmosphere was - and still is - increasing faster than other greenhouse gases, by 1 per cent a year since 1978.
link

The world around us has been fine for millions of years and will continue to be just fine. However if you enjoy paying more money each year to the government to have a nice drink up every Christmas, keep protecting their lie.

If you have the joy of Free Time, you should watch this video.

edit on 31-10-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Amazing how the world didn't need all the power consumption before it existed. Like when they built the Hoover dam and straight way the nearby city of Las Vegas strung the entire town with lights...

We find a need for using the resource as soon as it presents to us.

Sure I could walk everywhere if walmarts weren't so far apart. Mega stores are spotty, replacing the small community markets that used to be locally 'convenient'.

Now I have to get into my gas guzzling conveyance, drive to the store to buy my daily food. Because I don't live on my own property with arable land anymore, I pay rent in a bustling city that has every need provided for, every anxiety tranquilized, all boredom amused.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So sorry friend , but that list offers nothing to end the 'debate' on global 9warming, now, or ever. Your link is 9 years old and appears to be nothing more than some guys propaganda tool. The second one likewise, except it is 22 years old.
I'm not arguing in either direction here just saying that if your intent is to end the debate, right now, you're going to have to come up with information more profound that these hackneyed old arguments.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Amazing how the world didn't need all the power consumption before it existed. Like when they built the Hoover dam and straight way the nearby city of Las Vegas strung the entire town with lights...

Sure I could walk everywhere if walmarts weren't so far apart. Mega stores are spotty, replacing the small community markets that used to be locally 'convenient'.

Now I have to get into my gas guzzling conveyance, drive to the store to buy my daily food. Because I don't live on my own property with arable land anymore, I pay rent in a bustling city that has every need provided for, every anxiety tranquilized, all boredom amused.

Exactly. Power hungry corporations owned by big bankers and governments, religious entities and the rest all promote us to do those things. Obviously they just love charging more money for the same holiday deal.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
So sorry friend , but that list offers nothing to end the 'debate' on global 9warming, now, or ever. Your link is 9 years old and appears to be nothing more than some guys propaganda tool. The second one likewise, except it is 22 years old.
I'm not arguing in either direction here just saying that if your intent is to end the debate, right now, you're going to have to come up with information more profound that these hackneyed old arguments.

My title was more the joke of the argument. The point is just like religious folk they will believe whatever they want to believe as some people just love paying in time and money. My point was to just clarify the stupidity of some individuals when it comes to this topic. No idea what in earth the age of a statement has to do with anything, they are relevant now as they where, are and indeed still explain.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Nice 'Network" reference. " that has every need provided for, every anxiety tranquilized, all boredom amused. "

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

originally posted by: intrptr

Exactly. Power hungry corporations owned by big bankers and governments, religious entities and the rest all promote us to do those things. Obviously they just love charging more money for the same holiday deal.

One day we'll figure how to stop this merry-go-round. Any Monkey Wrenches lying around?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject
Well there you go Black. You were using sarcastic extremes to prove a point. Sarcastic extremes do little to advance a debate. They are fine for those who already believe one way or the other, to make the suggestion that the other side is stupid or ridiculous. But they do nothing to advance an argument. With your headline I was looking for something new, some new information to add to the debate, not just old sarcasm which has failed for decades to counter the scientific evidence that continues to come to light with the passing of time.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

"One day we'll figure how to stop this merry-go-round. Any Monkey Wrenches lying around?"
I think that many are hoping that Monkey Wrench is one of our presidential candidates.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Well there you go Black. You were using sarcastic extremes to prove a point. Sarcastic extremes do little to advance a debate. They are fine for those who already believe one way or the other, to make the suggestion that the other side is stupid or ridiculous. But they do nothing to advance an argument. With your headline I was looking for something new, some new information to add to the debate, not just old sarcasm which has failed for decades to counter the scientific evidence that continues to come to light with the passing of time.

Next time I will list the sarcasm in my title a little clearer.

I do however feel that this debate is one of as I said a moment ago. It is like a religious point of view. Believers just like those that follow topics like global warming are those that have a deep seeded need to believe in whatever makes them sleep at night. So therefore by my sarcastic means, if anything. Is to make someone laugh, should be enough to give the message that these clowns need to be told when the opportunity arrises.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Need to be told what exactly?
Sarcastic points of view that do nothing to counteract the stockpiled scientific evidence?

How does that end the debate once and for all.

Maybe you should have put this in the jokes forum if you were going for laughs.

Seems you're only validating your own misconceptions so you can sleep at night.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Need to be told what exactly?
Sarcastic points of view that do nothing to counteract the stockpiled scientific evidence?

How does that end the debate once and for all.

Maybe you should have put this in the jokes forum if you were going for laughs.

Seems you're only validating your own misconceptions so you can sleep at night.

Well if anything it brings people like yourself to the forefront of the forums, which for me is good enough fun to read.

Made me chuckle

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

"People like myself" aren't convinced of either sides argument...

& using ridicule only leans me towards the science, not your side.

Glad I could make you laugh, shame this might be a do or die situation we are discussing.
I don't really find those funny.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

If you ask me, which of course you did not, a 'deep seated' fear here is the fear that fills deniers of climate change. If, and I say 'if' climate change is brought on by mans over consumption, by mans modern technology, then the only way to even hope to do something about it is to change the way we are living. But not just collectively. It would mean that each of us, as individuals, would need to re-evaluate exactly who we are. It would mean we would need to overthrow the childish way in which we go about our daily lives. From my perspective, it would take a complete overhaul of how we view ourselves. And most of us are just not up to this.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I lean towards the scientific evidence as well, but with all the 'counter info' it is difficult for 'laymen' like ourselves to really get the 'ground floor' truth. We're not the ones doing the research and experimentation. We have to rely on those who say they are, so for us it is mostly second hand 'proof'

What I do know is that way back, even before Gore picked up the reigns, (and then apparently let them go again) one of the foremost predictions was that the 'change would not be completely systematic, that it would not be just an un-noticable incremental change until all the coastal regions were under water. What those predictions suggested was that there would be a period of climatic turmoil, that storms would worsen and temperatures would fluctuate and our normal weather patterns would begin to shift dramatically.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

"One day we'll figure how to stop this merry-go-round. Any Monkey Wrenches lying around?"
I think that many are hoping that Monkey Wrench is one of our presidential candidates.

Change we can believe in, one more time?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yup. The world may be warming and it may be our fault, but if it is why do scientists lie about it? What's the purpose of lying about such an important topic? What don't they want us to know? Why are they being intentionally deceptive?

Then there's this: The Next Little Ice Age is Already Here

A new study by a prominent Russian astrophysicist claims the “new Little Ice Age” started at the end of 2015 due to low solar activity, kicking off decades of “deep cooling” in the latter half of the 21st Century.

“As a result, the Earth has, and will continue to have, a negative average annual energy balance and a long-term adverse thermal condition,” Dr. Habibullo Abdussamatov, who is the head of space research for the Pulkovo Observatory at the Russian Academy of Sciences, wrote in a recent study.

“The quasi-centennial epoch of the new Little Ice Age has started at the end 2015 after the maximum phase of solar cycle 24,” Abdussamatov wrote. “The start of a solar grand minimum is anticipated in solar cycle 27 in 2043 and the beginning of phase of deep cooling in the new Little Ice Age in 2060.”

edit on 10/31/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Probably just a scientist that was paid to say that.
Follow the money!

You know since that is what is said about any study that would say differently than the one you posted.
Maybe that argument only works one way.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

That list sounds a lot like Ghandi's preferred way of life.

Want to know why India is still backward? Ghandi.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Now, now, you know how it is these days ... why aren't supposed to trust anything that comes from those evil Russians!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join