It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did Giants survive the Deluge?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I had always thought that one of Noahs sons wives carried the DNA of the fallen Angelic ( aliens) Sons of God.
But.... How do we know other beings didnt go AWOL from God after the deluge

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

The reason I say that it was because of the Watchers that the flood was necessary is that I hold the Book of Enoch as on par with the Bible.

And if you have read Enoch it was the Sons of God/Irim/Grigori who were the catalyst and man more of an innocent bystander.

Ultimately the higher beings brought the misery, and we get the blame. Enoch vindicates us.

But Biblically speaking only, yes, you are correct, it does say that.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malocchio

So then tell me what clue led you to think that another Watcher situation went down.

I would love to hear it.

I can only deduce that by the words themselves. For me, when I read through the bible, I kind of see a story or movie unraveling in my head. Like any good book, it stirs up the imagination a bit as though you are there. The words themselves seems to be very black and white for me when I read that one sentence.

Though, pulling away from that since you already read my thoughts on it...

There was a story I read some many years ago where it was said that a couple of possibilities were that Giants survived the floods by holding on to animal carcasses and that the wipe out was meant for only humans. But since Giants were also born of humans, that wouldn't make sense to me.

Another thought was that since giants were half human and half spirit (angel), then their human bodies died but they somehow entered into other humans while the women were pregnant.

Yeah, all of that seems kind of out of the way and to me THAT is speculating

I just see that the words mean just what they say. In those days (flood period) and after (After the flood).. Angels just kept dropping like flies.

Though, I'm sure that someone who is better versed at scripture than me can offer more ideas. Disraeli for example. I like his posts!

As for me... I can picture things and get thoughts from the Bible.. I'm feeble when I try to put them in words for some reason. Guess I should actually take time to write these out with some serious thought
No time though!

Thanks again for the post. Curious to see what else comes up.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I had always thought that one of Noahs sons wives carried the DNA of the fallen Angelic ( aliens) Sons of God.
But.... How do we know other beings didnt go AWOL from God after the deluge

We don't know, but that is also my theory (one of the wives). I think incest also played a role and if I am not mistaken incest can cause gigantism, might be a necessity to cause it even.

I think it has something to do with Semiramis and Nimrod, I think Ham's wife had the gene.
edit on 30-10-2016 by Malocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The reason I say that it was because of the Watchers that the flood was necessary is that I hold the Book of Enoch as on par with the Bible.

And if you have read Enoch it was the Sons of God/Irim/Grigori who were the catalyst and man more of an innocent bystander.

Ultimately the higher beings brought the misery, and we get the blame. Enoch vindicates us.

Personally I like the Book of Enoch and personally again, I think it related heavily to the Bible. Though, there are a whole lot of people out there, Christians as well, who do not believe that it's a real book and or related in any way. Many believe it is a fake.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
How did Giants survive the Deluge?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Personally I like the Book of Enoch and personally again, I think it related heavily to the Bible. Though, there are a whole lot of people out there, Christians as well, who do not believe that it's a real book and or related in any way. Many believe it is a fake.

Yeah, that's unfortunate too. It's their loss, even if they don't consider it equal it is old, the tradition older and actually is Canon in Ethiopia.

Christians are often told to beware of Apocrypha. And they sure do listen.

I read the Bible and I want more, more and more and minus some few books I own most of the Apocrypha, Christian and Jewish and Jewish Christian.

To each their own.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
There were no physical "giants" at all. The flood story reflects the melting of the glaciers and the rising of sea levels 12,000 years ago, probably rather suddenly, as the result of comet strike in the arctic or possibly an ice dam surrounding Hudson Bay breaking and flooding the oceans. The idea of this kind of thing happening is well-accepted by science vis-a-vis Lake Missoula in Montana though this would have been on a much larger scale. There are flood myths in many cultures. You don't need Noah and arks. That's just a local Judaic variation that makes little sense. Hundreds of thousands survived the Flood, including most species of animals. God didn't do it. That's just simplistic religion overlaying the ancient stories turned to myth.

Yeah... Knew it wouldn't be long before one of you guys jumped in with "it didn't happen!".

Who cares. The topic isn't about whether it's a true story or not. It's based on the story and how it would have come to be.

Go play with your stuffed aliens or something and leave us to our "hypothetical" discussion, if that suits you better.

So you don't really care about seeking the truth here? You don't care to analyze these myths in context and figure out what really happened? You're content to play around with these myths and pretend they are real just like people pretend Hogwarts is a real place. This is a public place. You've decided to have a discussion in a public place and that means it's open to participation. I don't have to show my membership card to post here. If you want to have a private discussion open only to fundamentalist believers, there are plenty of private caves where you can go do that and exclude anyone who does not believe in your fantasies. Feel free. Meanwhile I present an alternative explanation for this stuff that makes a lot more sense and fits the facts as we know them. If you personally do not believe it, it is of no matter to me, but hopefully someone who reads this stuff will feel intrigued enough to follow up on these ideas and actually learn something.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

So then tell me what clue led you to think that another Watcher situation went down.

I would love to hear it.

I can only deduce that by the words themselves. For me, when I read through the bible, I kind of see a story or movie unraveling in my head. Like any good book, it stirs up the imagination a bit as though you are there. The words themselves seems to be very black and white for me when I read that one sentence.

Though, pulling away from that since you already read my thoughts on it...

There was a story I read some many years ago where it was said that a couple of possibilities were that Giants survived the floods by holding on to animal carcasses and that the wipe out was meant for only humans. But since Giants were also born of humans, that wouldn't make sense to me.

Another thought was that since giants were half human and half spirit (angel), then their human bodies died but they somehow entered into other humans while the women were pregnant.

Yeah, all of that seems kind of out of the way and to me THAT is speculating

I just see that the words mean just what they say. In those days (flood period) and after (After the flood).. Angels just kept dropping like flies.

Though, I'm sure that someone who is better versed at scripture than me can offer more ideas. Disraeli for example. I like his posts!

As for me... I can picture things and get thoughts from the Bible.. I'm feeble when I try to put them in words for some reason. Guess I should actually take time to write these out with some serious thought
No time though!

Thanks again for the post. Curious to see what else comes up.

Now those theories I like especially the one about disembodied souls of the dead Nephilim impregnating women somehow.

Spirits causing pregnancy is something that is possible when you consider the Holy Spirit did that to produce the Messiah.

Interesting.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Chill buddy, nobody is saying that you can't offer your opinions, it was just a bit dismissive of the topic itself making it rather pointless because we aren't talking history or science.

I am pretty sure, speaking for myself at least, that I know the difference between mythology, science, history and religion.

This is about religion and mythology is all and not scientific theory or history.

But just nothing to get upset about.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I suppose it could be that the curse of Canaan itself caused the return of the giants, the Bible doesn't really specify what the curse was until the slaughter of the inhabitants of Canaan, which could be the curse too.

Which is not historical because the Canaanites were around in the time of Jesus but called by the Greeks Phoenicians.

Which interestingly enough means ''Those of the house of Enoch" more or less.

Pa Hanok= Phoenix to Phoenicians.

Although which Enoch? There was a Cainite Enoch and a city named after.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Imagine some woman who has a Giant mutant pregnancy before Caesarian sections and Special Care Baby Units.

How on Earth can anyone conceive a normal height woman to have a mutant Giant baby is nonsensical.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: shipman
Imagine some woman who has a Giant mutant pregnancy before Caesarian sections and Special Care Baby Units.

How on Earth can anyone conceive a normal height woman to have a mutant Giant baby is nonsensical.

Or... just mythology, interesting to read and profitable to understand.

Every seeming anomaly has a deeper meaning depending on your knowledge of tradition and esoterica.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio

Yet the whole purpose of the flood was to destroy the Nephilim and the humans they had corrupted. Only the family of Noah was spared, his three sons and their wives.

There are several accounts of the same story because Moses and his scribes gathered tradition from all of the twelve tribes who were available to him at this time in his life. This is why accounts of the same happening can be somewhat more or less revealing or vary in translation.

In this case we should use both the Genesis and accounts of Enoch jointly. Most people are not aware that there were three races that derived from the unions of angels and humans. There were great giants that were the first race which resulted in the many years of breeding. We are talking about 800 years or so in this breeding between angels and humans. The second race that developed from the inbreeding of the great giants were the Nephiliym and the third race that developed from the inbreeding of the great giants and the Nephiliym were the Eliouds. All three races were referenced as giants because they came from the first breeding field of the union between angels and humans.

The oral Torah and written Torah agree that it was not the purpose of the flood to kill all of the Giants. It was the purpose of God to destroy the contaminated seed of His creation. The races of Giants were not God's creation. They were the creation of angels and humans and being that this creation of Giants had partial celestial substance they were not targeted as were the creation of God.

Gen 7:4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

Gen 7:21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:

This can be argued till the end of time with no complete literature available - as yet. But most Torah scholars will not completely agree one with the other as to why this should be. These Great Giants were over 400 English feet tall according to 1 Enoch while the antediluvian race was about 200 English feet tall. That is why the Great Giants were distinguished as Great Giants. It is believed by some that Noah was near two hundred feet tall.

Nevertheless, the purpose of the flood was to primarily cleanse the Creators creation and to require man to correct his own mistakes as man was the property owner of this planet. My opinion of course --

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede
I bet the fish were happy

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Joshua, the Old Testament conquerer of Canaan,

The OT is very LOOSELY based on any real history.
Fundamentalists remain ever clueless.
It was never meant to be taken word for word literally.
No evidence of your fallen angels, giants or flood!

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
There are reports of "Giants" in stasis underground throughout the Earth, in caves or under mounds. Supposedly they are starting to wake up. There was an account of US Special Forces killing one in Afghanistan a few years ago.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

Joshua, the Old Testament conquerer of Canaan,

The OT is very LOOSELY based on any real history.
Fundamentalists remain ever clueless.
It was never meant to be taken word for word literally.
No evidence of your fallen angels, giants or flood!

I really didn't need you to tell me that, never said I took anything literally, don't assume.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

The OT is very LOOSELY based on any real history. Fundamentalists remain ever clueless. It was never meant to be taken word for word literally. No evidence of your fallen angels, giants or flood!

Don't know what you mean by that word LOOSELY nor what you mean by real history. You then use the word fundamentalists. I don't quite know what you are trying to say. As far as I know fundamentalists were not heard of in this account and really has nothing to do with the Hebrew account.

You also say, with nothing but opinion, that there is no evidence of fallen angels, giants or flood. I believe you mean proof and not evidence. There is evidence both in literature and tradition. In fact the thread itself is evidence. The dead sea scrolls are also evidence because the very same Enochian literature was confirmed with our present literature which is printed in most bibles.

There are many such traditions around this world that are open for you to read. One such easy read and a very interesting read is that of "On The Trail Of The Nephilim by L.A. Marzulli" If you want to be educated on this subject then I would urge you to get the book and digest what L.A. has to say about this. It is not a novel and is a factual study of this very subject.

Now if you like good ole American western stories then William Cody (Buffalo Bill) wrote one that he got from the American indian's.

"In the autobiography of William “Buffalo Bill” Cody, Cody writes that while camping on the South Platte,
a Pawnee Indian came into the camp with what the army surgeon pronounced to be a giant thigh bone of a human
being. When Cody asked about where such a bone might have come from, the Indian replied that long ago a race of
giants had lived in the area who were 15 feet tall! Men from this race were three times larger than normal men and
able to out-run a buffalo and even carry it in one hand."

Cody wrote:

"These giants denied the existence of a Great Spirit, so he caused a great rain storm to come, and the
water kept rising higher and higher so that it drove these proud and conceited giants from the low ground to
the hills, and thence to the mountains, but at last even the mountaintops were submerged and then those
mammoth men were all drowned. After the flood had subsided, the Great Spirit came to the conclusion that
he had made man too large and powerful, and that he would therefore correct the mistake by creating a race
of men of smaller size and less strength. This is the reason, say the Indians, that modern men are small and
not like the giants of old, and they claim that this story is a matter of Indian history, which has been handed
down among them from time immemorial.

Buffalo Bill also wrote the following words about a legend recounted to him by members of the Sioux tribe.
It was taught by the wise men of this tribe that the Earth was originally peopled by giants, who were
fully three times the size of modern men. They were so swift and powerful that they could run alongside a
buffalo, take the animal under one arm, and tear off a leg, and eat it as they ran. So vainglorious were they
because of their own size and strength that they denied the existence of a Creator. When it lighted, they
proclaimed their superiority to the lightning; when it thundered, they laughed.

This displeased the Great Spirit, and to rebuke their arrogance he sent a great rain upon the earth. The
valleys filled with water, and the giants retreated to the hills. The water crept up the hills, and the giants
sought safety on the highest mountains. Still the rain continued, the waters rose, and the giants, having no
other refuge, were drowned.

I am currently working closely with the Navajo Indians living for weeks at a time on the Navajo Nation in
Arizona. The Navajo creation story, Diné Bahane or the “Story of the People,” describes the prehistoric emergence
of the Navajos and centers on the area known as the Dinétah, the traditional homeland of the Navajo people. This
story forms the basis for the traditional Navajo way of life. Within their legends, they tell of a giant who once
wandered the land in the previous world. They also report that giants lived in the Grand Canyon and were 10 to 18
feet tall. In 1891, while digging in Crittenden, Arizona, men uncovered a granite coffin 12 feet in length, although no
remains were found, save one inscription on the side of the coffin of a foot with six toes!"
Unquote

That was an example of the interesting traditional evidence that is in L.A. Marzulli's "On The Trail Of The Nephilim"
Unlock your mind a wee bit and join the the fun of knowledge.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
a reply to: namelesss

The OT is very LOOSELY based on any real history. Fundamentalists remain ever clueless. It was never meant to be taken word for word literally. No evidence of your fallen angels, giants or flood!

Don't know what you mean by that word LOOSELY nor what you mean by real history. You then use the word fundamentalists. I don't quite know what you are trying to say. As far as I know fundamentalists were not heard of in this account and really has nothing to do with the Hebrew account.

You also say, with nothing but opinion, that there is no evidence of fallen angels, giants or flood. I believe you mean proof and not evidence. There is evidence both in literature and tradition. In fact the thread itself is evidence. The dead sea scrolls are also evidence because the very same Enochian literature was confirmed with our present literature which is printed in most bibles.

There are many such traditions around this world that are open for you to read. One such easy read and a very interesting read is that of "On The Trail Of The Nephilim by L.A. Marzulli" If you want to be educated on this subject then I would urge you to get the book and digest what L.A. has to say about this. It is not a novel and is a factual study of this very subject.

Now if you like good ole American western stories then William Cody (Buffalo Bill) wrote one that he got from the American indian's.

"In the autobiography of William “Buffalo Bill” Cody, Cody writes that while camping on the South Platte,
a Pawnee Indian came into the camp with what the army surgeon pronounced to be a giant thigh bone of a human
being. When Cody asked about where such a bone might have come from, the Indian replied that long ago a race of
giants had lived in the area who were 15 feet tall! Men from this race were three times larger than normal men and
able to out-run a buffalo and even carry it in one hand."

Cody wrote:

"These giants denied the existence of a Great Spirit, so he caused a great rain storm to come, and the
water kept rising higher and higher so that it drove these proud and conceited giants from the low ground to
the hills, and thence to the mountains, but at last even the mountaintops were submerged and then those
mammoth men were all drowned. After the flood had subsided, the Great Spirit came to the conclusion that
he had made man too large and powerful, and that he would therefore correct the mistake by creating a race
of men of smaller size and less strength. This is the reason, say the Indians, that modern men are small and
not like the giants of old, and they claim that this story is a matter of Indian history, which has been handed
down among them from time immemorial.

Buffalo Bill also wrote the following words about a legend recounted to him by members of the Sioux tribe.
It was taught by the wise men of this tribe that the Earth was originally peopled by giants, who were
fully three times the size of modern men. They were so swift and powerful that they could run alongside a
buffalo, take the animal under one arm, and tear off a leg, and eat it as they ran. So vainglorious were they
because of their own size and strength that they denied the existence of a Creator. When it lighted, they
proclaimed their superiority to the lightning; when it thundered, they laughed.

This displeased the Great Spirit, and to rebuke their arrogance he sent a great rain upon the earth. The
valleys filled with water, and the giants retreated to the hills. The water crept up the hills, and the giants
sought safety on the highest mountains. Still the rain continued, the waters rose, and the giants, having no
other refuge, were drowned.

I am currently working closely with the Navajo Indians living for weeks at a time on the Navajo Nation in
Arizona. The Navajo creation story, Diné Bahane or the “Story of the People,” describes the prehistoric emergence
of the Navajos and centers on the area known as the Dinétah, the traditional homeland of the Navajo people. This
story forms the basis for the traditional Navajo way of life. Within their legends, they tell of a giant who once
wandered the land in the previous world. They also report that giants lived in the Grand Canyon and were 10 to 18
feet tall. In 1891, while digging in Crittenden, Arizona, men uncovered a granite coffin 12 feet in length, although no
remains were found, save one inscription on the side of the coffin of a foot with six toes!"
Unquote

That was an example of the interesting traditional evidence that is in L.A. Marzulli's "On The Trail Of The Nephilim"
Unlock your mind a wee bit and join the the fun of knowledge.

Damn, it's pretty obvious he knows the Bible is mostly mythology and pseudo history.

You don't have to acknowledge it but damn you sure took it to heart and went on a rant about... nothing.

Why are you so hostile to people who aren't brainwashed by the Bible and handle it appropriately?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join