It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavily Armed Police Appear Outside Ecuadorian Embassy In London

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: Shamrock6

Could be. Maybe not though. That is why I only suggested keeping an eye on the matter.

Yea, except your thread title says it's heavily armed police (pro-tip: they're not heavily armed) outside the Ecuadorian Embassy in London.

There's not a bit of ambiguity in your thread title, nor in your OP.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Could be. Maybe not though. That is why I only suggested keeping an eye on the matter.

Yea, except your thread title says it's heavily armed police (pro-tip: they're not heavily armed) outside the Ecuadorian Embassy in London.

There's not a bit of ambiguity in your thread title, nor in your OP.

first, that's what that tweet from wikileaks says. heavily armed.
second, according to one comment below that tweet, cops in the UK rarely even carry a pistol, so everything larger than that can be considered 'heavily armed' there i guess.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Thanks for clarifying, I actually read that when I read the OP and the links included. My point is that the OP doesn't acknowledge the complete and utter lack of context in the picture in any way, shape, or form, until it's been pointed out three pages in that the picture could be from a freaking TV show for all we know.

UK's armed police are armed police. Nothing in that picture is out of the ordinary for what armed response units carry. I guess, being a non-Chicken Little type of person, I don't see the point in calling somebody carrying their standard equipment "heavily" armed, as if they're covered in bandoliers of ammo and dual-wielding 100 round-per-second death machines.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I used the heading of the wikileaks post. I thought that we were suppose to use the title of the source that we are linking to.
I'd say that those are heavily armed police given where those police are. I don't remember seeing the police carrying that type of armament in the London area.

I made it clear in the first two posts in this thread that there was little news surrounding this.

edit on 21-10-2016 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Beat me to it. Thanks for covering that point about the guns.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
So nothing happening now, nothing happened 3 days ago. Please delete this waste of valuable web space.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
As an Englishman I can clarify that seeing an officer carrying a gun is so rare that being reported as "heavily armed" isn't a surprise.
It's been a mad few days for Wikileaks, surprised we've still not heard anything from Assange - unless I've missed something?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueone

You haven't missed anything. I keep an eye on wikileaks twitter account, they're last tweet was a couple of hours ago, which I am still able to connect to.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

a reply to: Blueone

You haven't missed anything. I keep an eye on wikileaks twitter account, they're last tweet was a couple of hours ago, which I am still able to connect to.

What did they tweet?

STM

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If this was indeed also posted on Tuesday I find it odd for it to be tweeded again today. According to my feed it was 3 hrs ago too. This leads me to believe something is going on with the wiki twitter account and it could be compromised.

Wondering if it is, if whomever compromised it may be trying to discredit wiki by posting false reports in order to be able to say all tweets are unreliable. There is also the chance that, if compromised, the compromised could alter all past tweets and info.

Will keep an eye on their feed. I did notice early yesterday morning I had a notification of a new tweet from them then when I clicked on it there wasn't one as if it was deleted. I don't recall them deleting tweets before...anyone else?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I'm trusting the Brits to keep an eye on this, on the ground reporting.
Wikileaks may have vetted the source of the photo before putting it up. Jullian is on his own at the embassy and wikileaks probably has to rely on those folks closet to the embassy in order to keep us all updated.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

An article from Paste magazine

Paste Magazine Verified account
‏@PasteMagazine

New @wikileaks email reveals that Clinton campaign collaborated with bloggers to attack Sanders on race, abortion goo.gl...

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
So what is going on then?????????

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If i lived in London i would make it my business to get as close as i could but i'm up in the middle of Scotland. I can tell you I can't get access to Twitter.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

< br />

London City Airport has reopened after emergency services said there was no evidence of a suspected chemical incident which had prompted the evacuation of 500 passengers.

London Fire Brigade said "around 500 members of the public and staff have been evacuated and there are reports of a number of passengers feeling unwell."

"Ambulance crews and our Hazardous Area Response Team are attending the incident at London City Airport," London Ambulance said in a statement. "We have treated 26 people at the London City Airport incident. We have taken two patients to hospital."

Daily Sabah Europe

I think Russia made a cyber strike in retaliation that Obama boasted of declaring cyber war on Russia.

Double whammy: Twin cyber attacks disrupt Twitter, Netflix, Spotify service

Sites taken down by the DDoS attack today:

• Twitter
• SoundCloud
• Spotify
• Netflix
• Reddit
• Disqus
• PayPal
• Shopify + more
— Troy Osinoff (@yo) October 21, 2016

I guess it was not our government, or maybe it was so we can blame it on Russia?? All I know is that it is being reported that these services were interrupted due to some DDOS attacks.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

It looks like whoever took the picture was inside the vehicle? Also I never saw this tweet on Tuesday. Did anyone see it this week on Tuesday?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

Someone standing up and outside the vehicle took the photo. For some reason wikileaks did not post it the same day it happened, and that could be for a number of different reasons. It probably took some time to submit the photo to wikileaks, they then vetted the source to make sure it was legitimate.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Latest tweet from wikileaks

WikiLeaks Verified account ‏@wikileaks Mr. Assange is still alive and WikiLeaks is still publishing. We ask supporters to stop taking down the US internet. You proved your point.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
here's a new one:

The Obama administration should not have attempted to misuse its instruments of state to stop criticism of its ruling party candidate.

twitter.com...

Obama -> Kerry -> Ecuador -> Assange detained?
seems like it. they claim he's alive. that doesn't have to mean he's alive and well.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

there was that post at 4chan, but it's long 404, together with screenshots of it.

basically, someone claimed that there will be a false flag cyber attack to blame Russia.

then Hillary pulls 17 agencies out of her ass.

then this.

there were other claims in that 4chan post as well, that Hillary will win, but then - in december? - people will realize that the whole thing was rigged and that in reality, Trump should be the president. i wish i had that damn screenshot.
edit on 21/10/2016 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join