It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama attacks "conspiracy theorists". Says "we" need to "rebuild" the flow of information.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

When I was growing up there was pirate tv, pirate radio, underground "zines", and all kinds of other ways that people could get access to uncensored, unfettered, and uncurated information since the networks were locked down by our corporate overlords.
Then we had the internet and information flowed free. It was a real bright spot in human history.
Now that simply may be going away because it's been just too much of a headache for tptb. Looks like we may have to return to something similar to what we had to do in the past under similar circumstances. Pirate Internet of some sorts, I imagine. Perhaps even good old pirate tv and radio. Heck I know that in the amateur radio community there are ways to send "packets" of information from one computer to another without involving a middleman.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: kibric

“There has to be, I think, some sort of way in which we can sort through information that passes some basic truthiness tests and those that we have to discard, because they just don’t have any basis in anything that’s actually happening in the world,” Obama added.

truthiness........really

....your not even trying anymore

BOOO

www.dictionary.com...
www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
You may not see it, but Obama has our best interests in mind. He doesn't want us to needlessly utilize brain cells by thinking for ourselves. He wants us to conserve our mental energy, because an active brain leads to degenerative diseases with nasty side-effects like the sudden development of critical and analytical thinking skills. So as you can see, he really is looking out for us.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Tptb will love that. If we get limited to just one type of technology while the rest of the world is mesmerized by the (government-controlled) Web, we will be completely marginalized and essentially silenced. Game over.
edit on 17-10-2016 by olddognewtricks because: Updated

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It has become mainstream, and news travels fast, people I would never suspect are waking up.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

how's this revolution going to go? just kill people random like. or, just democrats? how are you going to determine who's good or bad?

rebuilding. how's that gonna go, exactly??

when we're weak, who's going to invade? Russia? is that the plan?

edit on 17-10-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I think the problem is that people dont look for outside info. People stay in the area they agree with right or wrong.

People also seem to think because the source isnt "mainstream media" it must be true or that a bunch of blogs all reposting the same thing makes it true.

Members of this site are guilty of this and the motto around here is "deny ignorance".

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: olddognewtricks

I was thinking about the bearer of this message, President Obama, and how African-Americans are receiving his recent statements as well as his message to vote for Hillary Clinton when a friend sent me a link to a Diamond and Silk tweet with a video of Quanell X explaining why Trump is right in his analysis of the cities under Democratic rule. That is a member of the New Black Panthers questioning the value of voting for Democrats when nothing has gotten better for African-Americans under their governments.

I believe that this signifies that Hell has well and truly frozen over, folks.

twitter

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Many a truth uncovered started out as a conspiracy theory.

These people do not want free thinkers to look and see. There is a very dark underbelly on some of our politicians. As very savvy lawyers and career establishment political players, they have amassed a vast network of money laundering, fraud, pay-to-play, graft and corruption.

People that have a knack for seeing patterns and connections and the intelligence to research and investigate are a danger to them.

If Hillary Clinton wins this election, I'm afraid sites like this one may be in jeopardy.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Recalling past days when three television channels delivered fact-based news that most people trusted, Obama said democracy require citizens to be able to sift through lies and distortions.

Actually people.

That's the real problem.

We are sifting through the lies.

Not working out too well for OBama and company.

What HE wants.

The China,Iran, and North Korea style of 'media'.

100% propaganda outlets.
edit on 17-10-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You've got to admit, most conspiracy theorists are whack jobs. I mean, claiming that it was a missile that flew into the pentagon rather than an airplane, claiming that Paul McCartney died and "Faul" took over his role, claiming that NASA didn't actually land men on the moon. Nutters, really.

You can't blame a smart president like Obama wanting more from the people of his country.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

You do realize that your on a conspiracy website trash talking it's posters?

That really doesn't play too well.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

John F. Kennedy

Sadly sometimes violent revolution is necessary. Particulary when you're dealing with a government that has no qualms about using violence to further their own agenda.

edit on 17-10-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
when the Hillary health scare/body double threads were all over the front page that made me look at conspiracy theorist in a new (not so good) light, sadly.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

How so? Body doubles have been used by leaders of nations before.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

and, Chelsea's apartment was a front for a medical facility set up just for Hillary.

but, then ignore what I would think would be real conspiracy theories regarding trump. the Russian disinfo for example, not releasing his tax returns. overlooking everything about him. well, you start to lose respect.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

I see your point and I do agree. It is very one sided at the moment. I don't support either candidate and believe both are corrupt to the core. I'm sure more conspiracy on Trump will come about eventually but Hillary will remain the focus due to being seen as the bigger threat.

One can only hope that enough dirt about both is uncovered that they are both declared unfit candidates and replaced.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

“There has to be, I think, some sort of way in which we can sort through information that passes some basic truthiness tests and those that we have to discard, because they just don’t have any basis in anything that’s actually happening in the world,” Obama added.

Truthiness test reminds me of the cry for Vetting?

I see a Vet one Vet them all policy developing. Welcome to the Department of Human Registry. Like the DMV here in California requires a smog check to register your vehicle, we will need to have our social media and output (print media and conversation) logs checked every year. They will be looking for gross polluters, those who might damage the "basis for debate".

In the quest for security and convenance we will be issued permission by the government to ride on the information super highway, and all our output will be policed. Gross polluters will either be restricted or acces removed until they can show that they have corrected their idealism to conform to the "Flow" of information.

I had to sit in the DMV today for 2 hours. I guess I had time to think about this. Not sure how probable a scenario like I described is to happen, yet the DMV model is functional and wouldn't take much for a similar process to be implimented to regulate the flow of humans and information.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Thoren

and, Chelsea's apartment was a front for a medical facility set up just for Hillary.

but, then ignore what I would think would be real conspiracy theories regarding trump. the Russian disinfo for example, not releasing his tax returns. overlooking everything about him. well, you start to lose respect.

The MSM couldn't come up with anything truly real or dirty on Trump so they made his tax returns sound like they were somehow important for people, and you bought into that? LOL

edit on 17-10-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

oh please, keep making excuses that look weak. he's hiding something and real conspiracy theorist would see that, not ignore it.

nm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join