It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third Parties: Last Week Tonight With John Oliver

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
( Note: I should have put NSFW, there are instances of bad language and off color comparisons)

This entire video is very good. He does spend the first 9 minutes talking about how horrendous this election season has been. Starting at 9:12, about, he talks about the more colorful people runnning for president and then moves into Johnson and Stein.

Neither Johnson nor Stein seem to be very valid choices either.

edit on 17-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

While they are both not the best options they are much more palatable than Trump or Clinton in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

While they are both not the best options they are much more palatable than Trump or Clinton in my opinion.

They don't seem to understand their main policies though and that they will not work.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

They don't seem to understand their main policies though and that they will not work.

Yea but neither does Trump.

The thing is, dumb candidates think they can hire smart people to lead the nation for them.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Yea but neither does Trump.

The thing is, dumb candidates think they can hire smart people to lead the nation for them.

~Tenth

That is correct.

I understand also, that many do not like Hillary Clinton, but I believe she understands the policies she states she is running on.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I would rather have Zippy the Chimpanzee over Trump or Clinton.

Think about that. I want a monkey to run the country, that is how bad both of them are. A monkey.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Think about that. I want a monkey to run the country, that is how bad both of them are. A monkey.

That does sound funny, but is just as unworkable.

Bonzo from Reagan's "Bedtime for Bonzo" would have been funnnier.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Neither of those two (Johnson/Stein) have any chance in hell. Yep, I'm afraid Hillary Clinton is a slam dunk - like it or not. I so wish Bernie could have gotten it. I know many of his policies wouldn't have seen the light of day, but I think he would have been a popular president, and that would have been good for morale.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Neither of those two (Johnson/Stein) have any chance in hell. Yep, I'm afraid Hillary Clinton is a slam dunk - like it or not. I so wish Bernie could have gotten it. I know many of his policies wouldn't have seen the light of day, but I think he would have been a popular president, and that would have been good for morale.

I do too. I wish he would have gotten it.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Sadly both Zippy and Bonzo are deceased. However they still would have been a better option in my opinion.

We have a choice between two of the most reprehensible people ever to run for President. I agree with Kaylaluv on Bernie and I am not even a fan of the man's politics. I would have rather had him then Clinton or Trump.

I would vote for you, Reldra. You would have done a better job.

ETA: I have to shut down since we are taking off, have fun you crazy kids.

edit on 17-10-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Sadly both Zippy and Bonzo are deceased. However they still would have been a better option in my opinion.

We have a choice between two of the most reprehensible people ever to run for President. I agree with Kaylaluv on Bernie and I am not even a fan of the man's politics. I would have rather had him then Clinton or Trump.

I would vote for you, Reldra. You would have done a better job.

ETA: I have to shut down since we are taking off, have fun you crazy kids.

ty
But I do not know what a President does, in detail. I cannot name world leaders. I do not know how the IMF works, nor, completely the federal reserve. Really, you can't just pick 'anyone else' and say it would be better.

I would be thoughtful. I would have private idelas and public ideals, meaning I would not rain SJW beliefs down willy nilly. But I still would not have any idea of what I was doing.

Whether one likes Clinton or not, she will know the job and what it entails.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

How old is Koko the gorilla? She knows sign language. She's honest. She would be the first woman and inter species president. Think about that,

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

How old is Koko the gorilla? She knows sign language. She's honest. She would be the first woman and inter species president. Think about that,

Oddly, Koko did cross m mind. But she has the intellectual capacity of probably a 6 or 7 year old child.

Koko is 45.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
More clever manipulators than intelligent, they don't have to run anything, just sign on the dotted line.

A good clue right off was Obama claiming he would shut down Guantanamo and end the war in Afghanistan.

mmm hmmm.

Like I said, never mind all that, just sign right here Mr(s). President. And send the 'bill' to the people.

on the dotted line

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

More clever manipulators than intelligent, they don't have to run anything, just sign on the dotted line.

A good clue right off was Obama claiming he would shut down Guantanamo and end the war in Afghanistan.

mmm hmmm.

Like I said, never mind all that, just sign right here Mr(s). President. And send the 'bill' to the people.

on the dotted line

I know we have veered off a bit. But this is about third arty candidates and their knowledge of how the government works. They do need to know how it works. It is not just a matter of signing papers and you know better than that.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

But this is about third arty candidates and their knowledge of how the government works. They do need to know how it works.

Sorry, since John Stewart left I don't watch main stream news parody anymore. Career politicians suck, they should never be allowed to hold office for more than two to four years.

Thats why they specifically put term limits in the constitution. Because thats how long it takes for them to learn how to cheat.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

You and me both Augustus.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, Reldra. I did enjoy the laughs. Admittedly, he did hit on all of my frustration with these candidates.

Stein has never had any real leadership experience and does seem clueless.

Johnson surprises me that with his experience as a governor, one would think that he would have more detailed ideas on how policy actually works!

Trump may have business experience and while many ways our current government seems to run like a corporation...I do not think he realizes that the president is not the owner/CEO of the USA!

Clinton, she has too much political experiences in the good and bad of government. She will know how to accomplish 'her' goals swiftly through 'back door channels'! Unfortunately, I don't trust her goals since I don't know if I agree with her public or private goals even agree with her personal goals!

Aargh! I sure hope that the voting districts have barf bags and vomit buckets available this election day!

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I disagree with John Oliver's take on the third party candidates.

Jill Stein graduated from Harvard Medical School. She is obviously a smart, capable woman.

Oh but she'd make a terrible president because in the 90s she belonged to a music band and made "terrible" music?

The tired argument everyone uses against her is her "stance" on vaccines. She stated she is not "aware" of any evidence that shows vaccines are linked to autism. She IS leaving the door open because historically the government and private industries have LIED to us before about the safety of their products. There are a number of examples, the most recent one that comes to mind is talcum powder. Johnson and Johnson knew it could cause ovarian cancer but they failed to tell its consumers. How is it so shocking to believe that Big Pharma could be lying about the safety of their drugs?

The arguments against Stein are so weak. Even if she doesn't know everything about the government, she is surely capable enough to learn as she goes on the job. No one running for President has previous experience as a President. There will be a learning curve for everyone.

Jill Stein doesn't seem evil to me at all. If she doesn't know something right now, she would learn it on the job, just like everyone else does when they start new jobs. She obviously has a strong understanding of government and has good intentions. I would rather vote for someone like that than someone who may know more about government and how to abuse it for nefarious reasons, which is what I feel both Trump and Clinton would do.

edit on 17-10-2016 by primespickle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Stein is by far the best option, relative to the other three.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join