It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT bank accounts frozen in UK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Are you aware of the true nature of the relationship UK and the corporate USA?

That is one reason RT exists. Neither the UK nor USA media speaks the truth of it.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedAmnesia
It's also on RT.com
As a journalist myself, this is a crime against freedom, and somehow against some truth!

On RT

A crime against freedom? RT is state-controlled media. Margarita Simonyan is the editor-in-chief of both RT and Rossiya Segodnya (which in turn owns Sputnik, the replacement of Voice of Russia.

On her desk sits a yellow phone. That phone has no dial pad. It doesn't need one because it's a secure line to? The Kremlin.

While AFAIK, it hasn't been proven that Russia is behind the Podesta email hacks, they're 99% likely to be behind the DNC hacks. If they're not, then somebody who has gone through extraordinary efforts to make it look like it was Russian state-sponsored hackers (Crazy Bear / Fancy Bear) who were behind the hacks and they did so before the documents were released (the CrowdStrike announcement was how the world even knew the DNC had been hacked).

It's information warfare. They're hacking Western targets, dropping the docs on Assange and WikiLeaks is releasing them to the public with RT/Sputnik using it as propaganda.

The next target is the UK Labour Party as evidenced by Assange's UK Labour Party "bounty." Western governments are *gasp* pushing back?

State-controlled propaganda mouthpieces are hardly the free press.

RT is a crime against freedom.
edit on 2016-10-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

State-controlled propaganda mouthpieces like CNN,BBC,Fox?
This is the foundation of ATS
Bias exists, and we have the right to hear or express it, agree or not.

edit on 17-10-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

State-controlled propaganda mouthpieces like CNN,BBC,Fox?
This is the foundation of ATS
Bias exists, and we have the right to hear or express it, agree or not.

massively different

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Neither Fox nor CNN is state-controlled. They do have partisan editorial bias. They do have something of a revolving door with the political/military/intelligence world and all press is subject to a degree of pro-government bias because much of the information about the government comes from the government itself.

That's a long way from the government OWNING the organization, APPOINTING the editors and maintaining a direct line to the editors which they call up when they want to kill/push stories.

edit on 2016-10-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

It's information warfare. They're hacking Western targets, dropping the docs on Assange and WikiLeaks is releasing them to the public with RT/Sputnik using it as propaganda. The next target is the UK Labour Party as evidenced by Assange's UK Labour Party "bounty." Western governments are *gasp* pushing back? State-controlled propaganda mouthpieces are hardly the free press.
propaganda aside for the moment I would think the content of the leaks were the real story and how the US elections are fixed . That is not propaganda but boils down to what the leaks exposed . For that if it was Russia then I would think that the US ows Russia a big thank you as part of the US oath is to protect US from foreign and domestic threats to the liberty and freedom of the citizens .

How free are rigged elections to the voting public becomes if unless we redefine the word "free" No wonder why Trump is doing so well .Without him we might have only thought the DNC was corrupt but he has brought the rats out from both sides of the election .

That's a long way from the government OWNING the organization, APPOINTING the editors and maintaining a direct line to the editors which they call up when they want to kill/push stories.
In Canada and the UK we have state owned news as well they are the BBC and the CBC ...
edit on 17-10-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Really?
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

edit on 17-10-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

That first piece about not needing to tell us that gas prices were on the rise is great LOL ....I wonder if RT some how spun that info into telling us that gas prices were going down .......I am confused now :>) .. Oh the second one is pure ...poor easter bunny loosing his spring and all that :>)
oh and the third one just makes me want to scream :>)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Firstly, this is not the UK that has done this, it is the bank.

Could it be possible that the account has been frozen because it was being misused? My account was frozen by my bank when shome sh1t-for-brains started emptying it. Banks now have highly sophisticated routines in place to alert against misuse.

To be honest, the scale of money laundering from criminality and corruption in Russia means that any "odd" behaviour involving Russia is top of the queue when it comes to banks being sensitive.

We can paint this to be a UK versus Russia thing, and RT.com will big it up with that angle. We know they won't confess to maleficent practices even if they were innocent partners.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Any attack on freedom of speech is an attack upon democracy, in this case RT though biased itself offer's a very valuable counterpoint to the state and oligarch owned and controlled media of the UK, most do not even realize just how much our own media is set up to CONTROL our opinion's and just how much our own reporters are curtailed and kept from often speaking the truth and it has been this way in the UK since at least the 1980's though the BBC in particular served as a state owned propeganda machine not just here in the UK but also abroad with the BBC overseas services.

Let' see, Keiser Report is invaluable even if Max and Stacy don't always get it one hundred percent because they get it at least 98 percent right.
Going underground is another.

These and there other side coverage of the war in Syria and hospital bombing's in Afghanistan have undoubtedly rattled some feather's as they want the public to think what they want to force feed the public but more and more people are watching RT as the only real alternative to the state and oligarch media machine and with interesting result's.
edit on 17-10-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I know it's a difficult concept to grasp, but the media in the UK is not state controlled. Even the BBC is independent of state control. On the other hand the media in Russia that is not directly controlled by the Russian authorities (including RT) is cowed and subservient.

You cannot compare the two, or excuse the actions of the one based on a fallacy.

On Russian media...

Deterrents to independent reporting and commentary included draconian laws and extralegal intimidation.

Freedom of the press in Russia

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
They've been Bilderburged!

A new term for other than assassination attempt to shut down anyone or anything against the elite establishment agenda. And if you think for one minute when they get rid of cash that this tactic won't be used against individuals to shut down dissidents you are in denial, and not the one in Egypt.

edit on 17/10/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: slidingdoor

true

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: CranialSponge

In the past I would have said that cooler heads will prevail, but I can not, for the life of me, think of a cool head to come to our rescue this time.

Aliens then? Perhaps they can bring the skittles and unicorns too.

Perhaps we should pray for a worldwide Carrington Event before the bombs and missiles start flying...

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This in a couple of hours ago...

RT, which is run by the Kremlin, has previously been accused of biased reporting and found in breach of Ofcom regulations. The UK broadcasting regulator criticised a programme in which RT claimed the BBC had "staged" a chemical weapons attack for a news report on Syria. Ofcom ruled that parts of the RT programme were "materially misleading". Russian media outlets have made inroads into the UK recently. The state-funded Sputnik news agency set up in Edinburgh in August to broadcast live radio programmes from Scotland. It said its goal was "telling the untold" to Scottish and UK audiences, although critics say it will act as a Kremlin mouthpiece.
www.bbc.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
Interesting news indeed! The Brits must feel very threatened by RT. Perhaps RT gets too close to the truth?

What the mouthpiece of the Russian control academy ? Lying about MH17 and Ukraine and treating all the Syrian's opposed to Assad as terrorists especially the CHILDREN FFS .

reference the Bank I have heard they are closing the accounts in December.. It would be interesting to see the figures involved are they millions or Billions and maybe its just a dirty money protest ?

NatWest bank is to close the accounts of Russia's state-run broadcaster, RT. Editor-in-chief Margarita Simonyan tweeted: "They've closed our accounts in Britain. All our accounts. 'The decision is not subject to review.' Praise be to freedom of speech!" The bank said the decision was "not taken lightly" and that the accounts were "still operative" at present.An MP from Russia's ruling party has said its parliament will demand an explanation from the UK. RT says the entire Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) Group, of which NatWest is part, is refusing to provide its services. The broadcaster, previously known as Russia Today, says NatWest wrote to its London office saying: "We have recently undertaken a review of your banking arrangements with us and reached the conclusion that we will no longer provide these facilities."

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

So the Tory's putting there guy in charge when they took over is not state control, and labour often doing the same thing but with far less prevalence than the Tory party has done.

Who they hell are you kidding?, yourself it certainly does seem so.

You do know that I am British as well don't you.

The MEDIA is controlled, the BBC is a state owned (though the Tory's were considering privatizing it).

There are a great many BBC workers of all party affiliation's but after Cameron's government performed a culling of what they termed Left Wing media from the BBC it's supposed unbiased nature was completely compromised.

It is still one of the premium television and factual media producers in the world but it's political bias is definitely schewed and if you claim otherwise then you seriously need your head testing.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
So the Tory's putting there guy in charge when they took over is not state control,

Who would that be? Prove to me - in your own words - that politicians have control or influence over the news reported. If anything the BBC is full of bleeding heart liberals.

The person in charge of the BBC (Director General) is appointed by the Board of Governors who have no involvement in programming.

This material is readily available if you look. You may even find the regularity in which the BBC reports negatively or uses intrusive journalism to report on politics and politicians - something that would not happen in s state controlled circus like Russia.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I think they are worried that its far better than the BBC. (If you ignore the pro-Russia propaganda).

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Right to solve your obvious ignorance or even simple denial of the fact's let's have a look at some headline's during both the Coalition and the more recent Tory free reign WHICH they only achieved by offering the EU referendum which backfired on Cameron as he was initially only offering that referendum in order to garner vote's, a tactic which worked but with dire consequences for him (though I voted out myself and was in opinion just over half convinced we should leave just like the rest of the country).

Now let me rephrase that The Tory's Government and not all Tory's or rather Conservative's as I personally see the Conservative as a different animal to the TORY same party not withstanding.
www.heraldscotland.com...

And yes these are left wing sheet's, if they were not then there OWNERS would have gagged the story about how they interfere in the free press so yes I accept that they are just as biased and have a vested interest in blowing it up even worse but in the overall view you must surely recognize the simple fact that truth is in the centre ground on this.
www.briefreport.co.uk...
cameron-cloggysmoralcompass.blogspot.co.uk...
(of note Christ Patten a dishonest fraudster as was Lord McAlpine - my mother's second cousin by the way whom lay low in venice when a fraud investigation into the theft of my mother's inheritance was under way as well and WHOM was also a potential kiddy fiddler political white wash aside - and should never have been appointed either to that role or indeed to his role in Hong Kong, a grace and favour role he was most ill suited to.)

And to make my point that not all CONSERVATIVES are at fault (though Tory's for me represent the out of touch overly entitles little rich brat's and inhumane gob Shi4es that thought they could turn back the clock to the pre 1940's, aka Osbourn and co.
www.politicshome.com...
Of course they new that too much interferance by there leaders whom were on an ego trip would potentially come back to bite them on there arse in there regional and the next national election's as people are dumb but not that dumb in there estimate.

What I want to know is when the Government decided to declair war on the British people, Propeganda is only supposed to be used against an Enemy in time or war or to drum up moral not to control what the populace thinks is true in time's of peace.
www.craigmurray.org.uk...
www.craigmurray.org.uk...

Now to clarify I am a Unionist and a Brexit votor but not necessarily PRO brexit as I wavered when making my vote as I am also not racist and had my concern about what Brexit really meant, now we know pulling out of the Human right's act and imposing more government power not less to whitehall.

N.B. I have my reservation's about Islam are not racism it is a religion not a race so I think that level of Political Correctness Bullsh£t went too far in pandering to the minority's to garner there vote's - a labour falacy just like the ill conceived pro discrimination act which discriminated against ethnic British and for once not Torys' on either of them count's.

Now while I am very definite in my belief that the BBC has been compromized as an independant source of information and is acting as a propaganda machine I definitely would like to see the quality of on air TV returned to it's old values but unfortunatly the GOOD censors whom did it for the GOOD of the nation and to protect our children and impressionable people from mental harm which media is very capable of imparting upon them such as Mary Whitehouse etc are now long gone.

What my anger is over is the simple fact that the wrong done by the government, the many young BRITISH kid's on the street's now made homeless, the food bank's etc and the direct result of TORY policy in pitching our nation back 60 years in there unwavering drive to shrug off there ethical duty has most definitely been kept out of the press, in part economic's are to blame so that is not solely the TORY's as there are well paid staff whom want the rating's and a lot of people will turn off the telly rather than see the truth but once again delivering the truth is the BBC's duty not it's choice and they have failed miserably concentrating on story's abroad and deliberatly avoiding the suffering here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join