It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT bank accounts frozen in UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
BBC says RT accounts frozen

Well, I think this speaks for itself.

The UK has frozen all bank accounts owned by Russia's state-run broadcaster, Russia Today (RT), its editor-in-chief has claimed. Margarita Simonyan tweeted: "They've closed our accounts in Britain. All our accounts. 'The decision is not subject to review.' Praise be to freedom of speech!" RT has previously been sanctioned by Ofcom for biased reporting on the conflicts in Ukraine and Syria.

EDIT: I was watching a live periscope stream, and the guy was actually talking to an RT reporter, just right now...
edit on 17-10-2016 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
It's also on RT.com
As a journalist myself, this is a crime against freedom, and somehow against some truth!

On RT

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
And what about all the Russian billionaires laundering their money through the UK?
Pisses me off that our country has to always get involved in these world matters.. No good will come of this..

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: RedAmnesia

Same day as Kerry is in London? But that's just a coincidence ofc...

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedAmnesia
It's also on RT.com
As a journalist myself, this is a crime against freedom, and somehow against some truth!

On RT

It is shocking to me, this seems to be so obvious and blatant...

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice
a reply to: RedAmnesia

Same day as Kerry is in London? But that's just a coincidence ofc...

Everything that has been going down in the last 24 hours...there is a blockbuster film to be made, if we all live long enough.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
And what about all the Russian billionaires laundering their money through the UK?
Pisses me off that our country has to always get involved in these world matters.. No good will come of this..

These Russian oligarchs have been part responsible for the hike in property prices.

They have billions tied up in london property.

Sieze these bastards asets and turn there flats into needed council flats!

Take their dirty blood money and pour it into the NHS.

The uK can saction russian, crack down on money laundering and solve the housing and health crisis in one big swoop!

And do the same to the Saudi oligarchs too!
!
edit on 17-10-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
And so it begins...

Be sure to double check your bugout bags folks, the gauntlet has been slam-dunked.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
And so it begins...

Be sure to double check your bugout bags folks, the gauntlet has been slam-dunked.

We are at war, and it hasn't been declared yet, but we are.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

We are at war, and it hasn't been declared yet, but we are.

Agreed, we are.

It was the same thing with the first and second world wars, the starting time of both wasn't fully understood until after the fact.

Hindsight is 20/20.

This one will be no different.

I just want off this damn war-mongering rock.... I'm tired of being forced to continue swinging in the trees with the rest of the armpit-scratching apes.

I want to go somewhere where unicorns roam free, rainbow Skittles flow like rivers of bliss, and birdies chirp to the sound of harmonious songs of joy and celebration.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

This isn't a freedom of speech thing this has to do with a judgement against Russia for 50 billion. The Kremlin said they won't pay it so RT being a state run agency they froze there assets. They were supposed to work out a deal for payment. For those that don't know Youkos and his share holders sued the Russian federation in international court. This has to do with Putins orders to sieze his oil company and making it a state asset. Putin claimed it was do to taxes at thr time however in court they showed they payed there taxes. And claimed this was just a money grab by the Russian federation because he fell out of favor with Putin. I honestly thought the investors and him would never see a dime of the money they invested into the Russian oil company.Wonder now if Putin thinks nationalizing it was a good idea??
edit on 10/17/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

In the past I would have said that cooler heads will prevail, but I can not, for the life of me, think of a cool head to come to our rescue this time.

Aliens then? Perhaps they can bring the skittles and unicorns too.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Thanks for the info, it is appreciated.

However:

This isn't a freedom of speech thing this has to do with a judgement against Russia for 50 billion.

The synchronicity of this is astounding and I personally don't believe that the reason is for the money. The excuse, maybe...

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedAmnesia
It's also on RT.com

On RT

Why is it? what is the crime being committed against freedom?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
for everyone... NOTE THE TIMING.

The offensive in Mosul started last night ( during a special full moon ).
Assange cut of the internet. ( contingency plan wink wink nudge nudge )
RT accounts blocked.
Kerry in London.

Somehow this is all connected.

edit on 17-10-2016 by Belgianbeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: dragonridr

Thanks for the info, it is appreciated.

However:

This isn't a freedom of speech thing this has to do with a judgement against Russia for 50 billion.

The synchronicity of this is astounding and I personally don't believe that the reason is for the money. The excuse, maybe...

Synchronicity of what? Because a number of Foreign secretaries have been holding a conference on the Syrian situation in London? So what?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Exactly.

This situation is yet another useful notch on the military industrial complex's belt to justify their all-time favourite end game to play... war.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

This isn't a freedom of speech thing this has to do with a judgement against Russia for 50 billion. The Kremlin said they won't pay it so RT being a state run agency they froze there assets. They were supposed to work out a deal for payment.

It's a media company. What are they going to do, sell the office furniture? It's worth practically nothing if they shut it down, maybe just the building if they don't rent, and operating cash and physical assets.

This is prelude to war scale stuff today.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
BBC says RT accounts frozen

Well, I think this speaks for itself.

The UK has frozen all bank accounts owned by Russia's state-run broadcaster, Russia Today (RT), its editor-in-chief has claimed. Margarita Simonyan tweeted: "They've closed our accounts in Britain. All our accounts. 'The decision is not subject to review.' Praise be to freedom of speech!" RT has previously been sanctioned by Ofcom for biased reporting on the conflicts in Ukraine and Syria.

EDIT: I was watching a live periscope stream, and the guy was actually talking to an RT reporter, just right now...

Hmmm....can't wait for more to come out on this....odd turn of events.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Right now if I was the finance director at RT London I would be calling other high street banks or building societies in the U.K. to see if they would be happy to do business/banking with me , that alone will clarify if this is a blanket blocking motivated by politics.

Wonder if we'll start seeing diplomats expelled in the near future...that got very tit for tat last time around and tedious.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join