It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If women and the media are so against trump why don't they endorse Jill stein

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

You wouldn't be voting lesser of the two evils she's an actual human I assume with morals. She's also a humanitarian and animal rights advocate and got in a little trouble protesting a some multimillion dollar corporation

The corporate powered parties are not gonna do it for us, not the greater of the lesser evil. We have to do it ourselves. And the minute we stand up and stand together, we are unstoppable

- Dr. Jill Stein

I believe her, our country would be so much better, it would set a huge precedent. It would literally go down in history as like the next step in evolution. Setting off a massive subconscious force reaching every American. If not the entire world.

They knew not to let a 3rd party candidate get any spotlight at the presidential debates because the same corporations that own these politicians, also own the news corporations.

Why do the same people who hate trump so much not say anything when the DNC were rigging the nominations, many people would've vote Bernie over trump, they made their own bed

Now they say oh I'm voting Hillary because Trump triggers me and I just can't vote for trump I dont think he respects women and he said a lot of mean stuff. So why don't you vote for Jill stein?

I could be wrong but a lot of people on board with trump would also slide to Jills side if we weren't so afraid of corrupt Hillary supporters, could be wrong

edit on 16-10-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

My friend, who hates Trump and is rather liberal, along with her daughter who is also very liberal (she attends Smith), are both voting for Stein.

They are obviously just as disgusted with the two major candidates as I am.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I don't feel like any regular voters are afraid of corrupt
Hillary supporters. The vast majority of voters probably barely talk about who they'll vote for, let alone worry about violence stemming from their anonymous vote.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Because the myth of only two parties is strongly supported and enforced.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

You wouldn't be voting lesser of the two evils she's an actual human I assume with morals. She's also a humanitarian and animal rights advocate and got in a little trouble protesting a some multimillion dollar corporation

The corporate powered parties are not gonna do it for us, not the greater of the lesser evil. We have to do it ourselves. And the minute we stand up and stand together, we are unstoppable

- Dr. Jill Stein

I believe her, our country would be so much better, it would set a huge precedent. It would literally go down in history as like the next step in evolution. Setting off a massive subconscious force reaching every American. If not the entire world.

They knew not to let a 3rd party candidate get any spotlight at the presidential debates because the same corporations that own these politicians, also own the news corporations.

Why do the same people who hate trump so much not say anything when the DNC were rigging the nominations, many people would've vote Bernie over trump, they made their own bed

Now they say oh I'm voting Hillary because Trump triggers me and I just can't vote for trump I dont think he respects women and he said a lot of mean stuff. So why don't you vote for Jill stein?

I could be wrong but a lot of people on board with trump would also slide to Jills side if we weren't so afraid of corrupt Hillary supporters, could be wrong

I think the answer is the same as it is for most questions about our horrible political state of affairs. It's because the mass media is virtual propaganda, and it's pro-Hillary, and marginalizes Stein, and therefore most people including most women are steered away from Stein.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Is it possible to get her in the third debates, if so it would be a no brainier for America.

If they hate trump that much the media should know by now if they support Jill over Hillary it would be an easy win and our America would be better off.

Why are they not doing this?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Why just women and the media? Jill Stein is awesome...I wish a ton of people would vote for her. Hell, I would vote for that Aleppo guy, too. Anyone but the two psychopaths.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I got dragged to a Hillary backyard rally/fundraiser by some work friends, who are politicos. A political organizer there debated for me for a while (albeit drunk), saying that third parties aren't just bad in this cycle because of this helping Trump supposedly, but that third parties themselves are inherently bad. I couldn't believe it. I'm not saying that everyone there was saying that. A lot of them were nice people.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
Why just women and the media? Jill Stein is awesome...I wish a ton of people would vote for her. Hell, I would vote for that Aleppo guy, too. Anyone but the two psychopaths.
What did I forget Lobbyist, Hedge fund owners and Serena Dunn Rothschild?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

A lot of them were nice people.

Therein lies the rub.
edit on 16-10-2016 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2016 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

You know? Youre probably right...I think some voters are moving over to her now....

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

I got dragged to a Hillary backyard rally/fundraiser by some work friends, who are politicos. A political organizer there debated for me for a while (albeit drunk), saying that third parties aren't just bad in this cycle because of this helping Trump supposedly, but that third parties themselves are inherently bad. I couldn't believe it. I'm not saying that everyone there was saying that. A lot of them were nice people.

We get that a lot out here. The problem is that these 3rd parties have virtually no presence in the communities and have virtually no elected members in any part of government. So it's not just that they're seen as being inherently bad; they're rightfully viewed as being completely powerless.

To get the point across, let's pretend that I'm in the Green Party & I ran for Governor of my state in the next election cycle. And for kicks & giggles, let's pretend that I won. What happens next? My state has fewer than 5 Green Party county branches. So who would I staff my Cabinet with? Who would I be appointing to various govt positions? And how would I be able to convince the Republican and Democratic majority State legislature to push through my Green Party-themed budget & legislation (not to mention, the large amount of county & city govts that are also run by Dems or Repubs)?

I'd literally be dependent on appointing Democrats or political noobs, and hoping that the Dems would back my more progressive policies and policy proposals. But this is still politics we're talking about. I'd love to have an administration full of progressive noobs with good hearts, but I'm fully aware that our local news would hound them for every screwup they made. And both the Dems and Repubs in power would likely try to squeeze and destroy us to make an example out of us to the voters.

The is the same situation I see with Jill Stein & any other 3rd party candidate. Even if they won a powerful seat in an election, they'd still have to fill their staff with someone. And chances are, those people are going to Dems or Repubs, especially if they're looking for people with experience in that given field. And it's even worse for the elected positions that can appoint people to other powerful positions, since many of those appointed positions have requirements which limit the available candidates.

The fact is, 3rd parties need to build up their political infrastructure before voters will take them seriously. There need to be think tanks, lobbyists, youth groups, community-building groups, productive local branches, and candidate training organizations to get more people to join those 3rd parties. And 3rd parties desperately need people to join as potential candidates as well as political insiders, which is a daunting task.

Nearly everyone I meet out here (politically) tries to warn me away form politics, basically saying only corrupt people do it. My standard response is always something like "Well yeah, because all of the good ones like you keep rejecting it".
edit on 16-10-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
She's too far left for my political views and the gender of the candidate doesn't mean anything to me when it comes to determining who will be best for a job. So I am left with deciding between Johnson and Trump before the end of election day.

It will be a tough decision.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Wow... she, actually looks like a human. She'd have my vote.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

We get that a lot out here. The problem is that these 3rd parties have virtually no presence in the communities and have virtually no elected members in any part of government. So it's not just that they're seen as being inherently bad; they're rightfully viewed as being completely powerless.

To get the point across, let's pretend that I'm in the Green Party & I ran for Governor of my state in the next election cycle. And for kicks & giggles, let's pretend that I won. What happens next? My state has fewer than 5 Green Party county branches. So who would I staff my Cabinet with? Who would I be appointing to various govt positions? And how would I be able to convince the Republican and Democratic majority State legislature to push through my Green Party-themed budget & legislation (not to mention, the large amount of county & city govts that are also run by Dems or Repubs)?

I'd literally be dependent on appointing Democrats or political noobs, and hoping that the Dems would back my more progressive policies and policy proposals. But this is still politics we're talking about. I'd love to have an administration full of progressive noobs with good hearts, but I'm fully aware that our local news would hound them for every screwup they made. And both the Dems and Repubs in power would likely try to squeeze and destroy us to make an example out of us to the voters.

The is the same situation I see with Jill Stein & any other 3rd party candidate. Even if they won a powerful seat in an election, they'd still have to fill their staff with someone. And chances are, those people are going to Dems or Repubs, especially if they're looking for people with experience in that given field. And it's even worse for the elected positions that can appoint people to other powerful positions, since many of those appointed positions have requirements which limit the available candidates.

The fact is, 3rd parties need to build up their political infrastructure before voters will take them seriously. There need to be think tanks, lobbyists, youth groups, community-building groups, productive local branches, and candidate training organizations to get more people to join those 3rd parties. And 3rd parties desperately need people to join as potential candidates as well as political insiders, which is a daunting task.

Nearly everyone I meet out here (politically) tries to warn me away form politics, basically saying only corrupt people do it. My standard response is always something like "Well yeah, because all of the good ones like you keep rejecting it".

This is a strong argument. My more politically savvy friends basically say the same thing, and that the goal going forward needs to be to build these alternative parties from the ground up, from local to state to federal.

You did refer to the reality that even if we DID begin building a strong third party in a given region, we'd be targeted heavily by the two major parties and their media lapdogs.

My roommate and mom have a campaign to get me to join politics based on your argument about the good people needing not to flee due to corruption, because this just distills the corruption even further and guarantees things don't change.

I don't know though, I work in a city government office that is mostly political, and I absolutely hate the dirty games of politics and the culture, and most of the people involved are just on a different wavelength from people like me who are more focused on social impact work. I find it very hard to stomach staying in that world for the decades necessary to build any kind of power for good.

Where do you stand on the whole getting involved versus being part of the counter-culture debate?
edit on 16-10-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Because the current electoral system doesn't work. First past the post is inherently broken to keep two specific parties at the top. See:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Jill Stein just thanked Fox News for being the only media outlet to have her on to get her message out.

I guess as long as people are aware of the bias, the MSM won't have as much of an impact on the elections.

Really would be nice if all candidates had to be in the debates, not just based on 'poll numbers' because media giving more airtime to others would change things considerably.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

If women and the media are so against trump why don't they endorse Jill stein

Because Hillary Clinton, that's why.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

With the help of MSM. It can easily be built from the ground up funded partly by taxes and go fund me page would be sure to raise millions. They'd be able to get some nice bills passed. Better schools, better police training, clean energy, higher minimum wages etc.. Jill is one of the people
edit on 16-10-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Because Women are Fickle . That's What my Momma Always used to say ...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join