It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your device screen spying on you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Many of you are familiar with the above image, some even find it highly amusing however there is no doubt that webcams can be hacked and no doubt governments have admitted to doing it on occasion.

The old school approach of sticking a band aid over your webcam no longer cuts it, now your screen is watching you and the technology is not even new.

There are two approaches of achieving this:

1) Among the thousands of LCD pixels that makes up the display of your device (TV, computer, smart phone) will be interspersed thousands of image sensing elements. In effect your whole screen becomes a camera, as you are looking into the screen others could be viewing you through that screen.

Integrated sensing display US 7535468 B2 Abstract An integrated sensing display is disclosed. The sensing display includes display elements integrated with image sensing elements. As a result, the integrated sensing device can not only output images (e.g., as a display) but also input images (e.g., as a camera).

www.google.com...

2)In the second approach which is less expensive to implement and therefore more likely the method chosen rather then the whole screen being a camera there will be a region of the LDC display that will have image sensing elements concentrated therein.

Outwardly you will have no indication that a camera is present, the perfect tool to spy on you!

This tec is going mainstream shortly but how long has it truly been employed and does your device already have it integrated without your knowledge?

If rumors are to go by, however, 2017 could be the year that smartphones begin to wow again. Bloomberg is reporting that Samsung is planning on releasing phones with bendable and foldable screens. While the Apple rumor mill is buzzing about a new iPhone (not the one coming this fall, but the one after that) that will rock a edge-to-edge display (meaning no bezels) with its front-facing camera and fingerprint scanner embedded on the screen itself.

www.forbes.com... 8913529f2

This thread would not be complete without me also giving you the solution to keep those screens from watching what your doing. Its not as simple as a band-aid over the webcam but its not that complicated or expensive either.

The answer is one way mirror film or sheet. Cut a piece of one way mirror sheet or film and fix it to your screen with the shiny reflective side pointed in. You can secure the sheet/film to your screen with tape, clips or magnets. You may then need to adjust your screen brightness to compensate for the one way mirror.

The result of this is that you will be able to see the screen but the embedded camera gets to see its own reflection instead...job done

www.newscientist.com...
arstechnica.com...
appleinsider.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
appleinsider.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
If you want a truly private conversation turn off your phones, turn up the music and get naked in a hot tub.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
If you want a truly private conversation turn off your phones, turn up the music and get naked in a hot tub.

But the hot-tub bubble drones will listen to you then! The technology has been around for decades!

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

I had a phase were I was really paranoid, about mobiles, xbox, laptop and stuff, but not anymore. So what? As long as that's not allowed to be used in court, listen to me fart, watch me sniff my armpits... I entirely don't care.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Disturbing.

I managed to make it to this year without getting a 'smart phone'. Extreme circumstances essentially mandated it.

I keep a little piece of aluminum foil tape over the front and back cameras. It's stiff & sturdy. Doesn't seem to bother the signal quality. When i want to use the camera it folds away from the lens, and then folds back and stays. Lasts a month or so without heavy camera use.

I remember in the 90's High Times did an article not unlike this covering stuff like Echelon, and CRT screen methods similar to what you're showing us here.
edit on 15-10-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Just don't plan on running for president one day or your "hot tub" talk will come back to haunt you.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: Peeple

Just don't plan on running for president one day or your "hot tub" talk will come back to haunt you.

I could never run for public office, I've spent to much time on ATS, I am ruined. I would be looking for spy's everywhere.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

yeah, I do. Duct tape...even this week...some big shot..microsoft or someplace...advised everyone to do so...

Not on my phone...just laptop and PC webcams

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Im sure they are...I believe they can enable your camera in a way thats been established...that doesnt need it to be powered ON and the light doesnt need to show it is...and wont.

You can find the link...I think that one of them was at WIRED.COM magazine recently
edit on 15-10-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

The thing is, I really have absolutely nothing to hide. A sweetheart through and through. If you're referring to DJT I never talked this disrespectful about someone in my entire life.
Maybe I called a few people names, but always adressed directly towards them.
The worst I could imagine is sex and masturbation tapes...

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

It would be possible to detect this technology by a magnifying glass. Certainly I will consider doing exactly that with future purchases.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Now I have to put tape over my whole monitor?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Keep everything switched on including Windows 10 with keypress monitoring.

Then write, 'Only Faith in Jesus Christ and following His Gospel will save your soul from hell'.

Then Windows 10 crashes into a cold boot because the non-believers are so weak they cannot handle the truth. Its so much fun to agitate the mud-monkeys.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

Hey the t.v. choices tonight suck.. Want to come by and We can 'just talk'?

•Must Love dogs..

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Well, if that's the case, I'd hate to be the spy on the other end. He'd be looking at a gross-ass, fat, old person.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Holy # I wish they weren't because yesterday I was hitting the blunt in my car listen to the BBC radio and talking to myself about who to vote for. I was always for Trump but yesterday I #ed around and said "# it, im gonna vote for Hillary"

While listening to the radio some guy was talking about the election and I'm not sure weather he heard me or if it was coincidence, but that mofo litterally heard me say I was gonna vote for Hillary. Another person on the radio said "yeah I heard him too".

Man, I'm never listening to BBC radio while i blae up ever again. Tripping

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Maybe...

We can all flash mob the cams at the same time

OR

All turn off our devices at the same pre-set time

leolady

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Metropia is looking more and more like a possibility

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: zinc12

There are two approaches of achieving this:

1) Among the thousands of LCD pixels that makes up the display of your device (TV, computer, smart phone) will be interspersed thousands of image sensing elements. In effect your whole screen becomes a camera, as you are looking into the screen others could be viewing you through that screen.

2)In the second approach which is less expensive to implement and therefore more likely the method chosen rather then the whole screen being a camera there will be a region of the LDC display that will have image sensing elements concentrated therein.

How long is this already on the market? I guess all display devices since 2010 have it
Moreover I suspect internet connected cable TV, PC and laptop display devices already all have it. One could unplug but they (secret services) can have concocted a stealth WIFI connection on your computing device.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Now I have to put tape over my whole monitor?

And over your mouth

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join