It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New record for fusion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

They already have them out there. They're as big as a small cabin with the top of the drill sticking out 20-30 feet. Unmanned too. They do not produce a lot but for small communities, enough. Cheaper than flying it in gas.
Those wells were drilled by a drilling rig, what you see is a completed well after the rig leaves, not?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

THIS might be the answer, instead of separately talking to Li Ion batteries as of now, heck, we need an app for this on android & i mean now!
Later!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: playswithmachines

I have a diagram for a 22v-24v 10 AH battery pack, if the charge system works, i will let you know......

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Thanks for the updates!

I get busy on Tuesday and Wednesdays so don't get to hang out as much as I want to.

Energy conversion is the key to storage and use! You can use the ocean as a storage plant. You can pump supercritical CO2 into vast caverns and recirculate it; you can use solar towers to keep it hot during the day and release electricity at night. Japan is looking at making these huge flywheels out of carbon nanotubes and carbon fiber spinning on super conducting magnets! Like you said, those are the ones we know of!

All I know is there is a lot of work being done about this because we cannot keep doing the same thing as are doing. Create one energy product and the rest is heat and noxious gasses? Nah, you need a couple things produced in addition to energy. That is just the smart way to do it.

BTW - It is not my graphene thread! I found it being quietly neglected and had a couple things I wanted to post. It is all good. There are several people that read that one!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

You can pump supercritical CO2 into vast caverns and recirculate it

Where does that get you?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Sorry, not SCO2. Compressed Air Energy Storage.

This is not the one I read. The other said either would work and I was reading about SCO2. The compressed air sounds cool too! Concepts are the same. Store in a reservoir underground, when needed, bring back to the surface, turn a turbine, pump it back underground when done.

spectrum.ieee.org - New Projects Show Carbon Capture Is Not Dead

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Similiar to pumped water energy storage.

Makes for expensive energy, but it's being done.

Link

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Heating matter into the ultrahigh-energy density (UHED) regime characterized by pressures greater than a gigabar—found, for example, in the center of stars and in the spherical compression of inertial confinement fusion (ICF) capsules driven by lasers like that at the National Ignition Facility (NIF)—is a very challenging task. The UHED plasma regime is of interest for fusion studies; for the generation of intense flashes of x-rays, gamma rays, and high-energy particles, including neutrons; and for the study of atomic processes in the conditions encountered in extreme laboratory and astrophysical environments.

Unfortunately, the creation of UHED plasmas in the laboratory has been mostly limited to the central hot-spot of these imploded capsules in ICF experiments and even some of today's most powerful lasers can fall short of achieving the UHED regime when irradiating solid flat targets. In this traditional plasma heating scheme, the leading edge of the intense laser pulse rapidly creates a plasma blow-off that prevents the remainder of the laser pulse from directly heating the solid density target. Heating by hot electrons using today's most energetic short-pulse lasers just surpassed the boundary into the UHED regime.

We are pursuing a different approach to reach the UHED regime with compact, ultrashort-pulse (USP) lasers: the irradiation of high-aspect-ratio, vertically aligned nanowire arrays with ultrahigh-contrast femtosecond laser pulses of only joule-level energy focused to relativistic intensity (see Fig. 1).

The energy density within the nanowires is predicted to reach a peak value of 2 TJ cm-3 or equivalent to a pressure of the order of terabars near the end of the laser pulse. The expansion of the heated nanowires is computed to create a plasma layer in which the energy density is 80 GJ cm-3, equivalent to a 350 Gbar pressure—larger than the pressure in the sun's interior.

LaserFocusWorld.com, May 10, 2017 - High-energy Lasers: Compact ultra-intense lasers and nanostructures open a path to extreme pressures.

Ah snap! Basically, they fired a femtosecond laser into vertically aligned nanowires. The wire's electrons were stripped off, the wires heated up, and created plasma on the surface that continued to heat up. The femtosecond laser kept on pushing and they passed into the ultrahigh-energy density zone. See the article for all the techy numbers, graphs, and what kind of materials were checked (you may need your periodic table!).

On the nanoscale but pretty impressive! This will give them the opportunity to study these conditions which takes some of the guesswork out of what happens at the point of ignition! Should also give the upper leg to the inertial confinement researchers!

I'll take my fusion anyway I can. Shaken... then stirred!

Frikken' lasers, man!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Energy conversion is the key to storage and use!

All I know is there is a lot of work being done about this because we cannot keep doing the same thing as are doing. Create one energy product and the rest is heat and noxious gasses? Nah, you need a couple things produced in addition to energy. That is just the smart way to do it.

BTW - It is not my graphene thread! I found it being quietly neglected and had a couple things I wanted to post. It is all good. There are several people that read that one!

Yes! Molten salt batteries, super efficient wind turbines, pulse motors (like the one Steorn want to market as 'free energy' but isn't) Did you know Bedini sells his overunity stuff as 'battery chargers', did you know a man who was installing super efficient heat pumps in homes in the US was sued by the energy companies for unfair competition?

This is real, blatant, supression of alternative energy, i read comments in the paper from younger peeps that they think our current nuclear reactors are a good idea! Well they weren't born in the Chernobyl years, and Fukishima is well, so far away & all....peeps have short memories, you can't blame them, just keep reminding them.
Sorry i wuz late, BTW
let's read on....
edit on 13-5-2017 by playswithmachines because: Oops!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

pulse motors (like the one Steorn want to market as 'free energy' but isn't)
Steorn is a scam company marketing pseudoscience.

did you know a man who was installing super efficient heat pumps in homes in the US was sued by the energy companies for unfair competition?
Citation please. Heat pumps are installed all the time.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Sorry, not SCO2. Compressed Air Energy Storage.

This is not the one I read. The other said either would work and I was reading about SCO2. The compressed air sounds cool too! Concepts are the same. Store in a reservoir underground, when needed, bring back to the surface, turn a turbine, pump it back underground when done.

spectrum.ieee.org - New Projects Show Carbon Capture Is Not Dead

Ok i read about that one, somewhere ages ago, someone even ran a motorbike on it.
But it has it's downside, compressing air costs a lot of energy, creates a lot of heat.
When using it (or de-compressing it) you will get a freeze effect as it expands.
And then you have leaks.
Leaks in a standard factory right now cost 2500 or more in lost energy, running machines at 6 bar instead of 10 bar means a 40% reduction alone, and a longer lifetime for the valves & cylinders. Trust me i know about this stuff.

That being said, super compressed air can do a whole lot of things, like work in an EX environment, cut through walls, and power all kinds of engines, at least for a while.
A similar system is in use today, from the 30's called hydraulic resovoirs.
Simply a tank with a membrane, a huge spring, and some hydraulic oil. If the pump shuts off for some reason, the resovoir can give up to 400 bar pressure to (for example) stop a heavy crane from falling.

Stored energy, a simple idea from the 30's still used today. Oil leaks are easier to find than air leaks, but the seals are more expensive.
But the compressors of today are useless. Tesla built a small one that could liquefy air (which he used to cool his big coils) and was easy to build. That's the stuff we must focus on, damn i had a diagram somewhere....
edit on 13-5-2017 by playswithmachines because: Spellink

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

pulse motors (like the one Steorn want to market as 'free energy' but isn't)
Steorn is a scam company marketing pseudoscience.

Yes i proved that, i also know where they stole the pulse motor tech from in the first place. Not surprisingly i was not on their list of 400 engineers invited to join, or the 1000 others that paid to join. Nevertheless i got my hands on their material and it turned out to be complete BS. However they did steal ideas from Dan Quayle, the inventor of the 'overunity' pulse motor, this reverses back emf and breaks Lorentz's law, no big deal since we already know Lorentz (together with Heaviside) fudged Maxwells equations completely.

did you know a man who was installing super efficient heat pumps in homes in the US was sued by the energy companies for unfair competition?
Citation please. Heat pumps are installed all the time.

You want me to dig up his name? I can, it wil take a while, i have 10000's of these files on 9 computers...
Have patience, i will find them if you insist but quite frankly i can't be bothered.
I have plenty to do, thanks.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'm old, ok?
I can't remember names dates places, but i have a whole lot on disk, and a whole lot in my head, it takes time to match the 2 up...

I remember this guy was forced to remove systems he had installed, and was forbidden to use them, by a high court judge (probably what you call a supreme court judge) and it was for 'unfair competition' with the energy companies.

Does that not tell you that something is wrong?

I know that the UK and most western companies have a similar view, even the French who are normally renowned for their progressive thinking, had downplayed T.T.Brown's experiments in 1956 in Paris to the point of 'non productive' while at the same time the US immediately classified them as 'top secret'.....which one do you think was the real outcome?
edit on 13-5-2017 by playswithmachines because: Spellink

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Was the guys name Dennis Lee?

Heat pumps are more efficient than electric heating (by a factor of 3 off the top of my head).

Lee was marketing heat pumps as free energy machines and was sued for doing so.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Was the guys name Dennis Lee?

Heat pumps are more efficient than electric heating (by a factor of 3 off the top of my head).

Lee was marketing heat pumps as free energy machines and was sued for doing so.

Can't remember, i can look it up, still got sunday mornng...

Well isn't energy from the environment free energy?
Burning a log is free energy, if the log is free, it's a point of law.

And that's where they try to hold us down.

I know i can't market any of the stuff i know of, yet, for various reasons.
But it's going to happen soon, like it or not, i don't care if i release everything tomorrow for free.
But i will choose the time & date of my own demise, thank you.
Timing is important in these matters, have patience, padawan...
edit on 13-5-2017 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

No.

A heat pump works on the reverse refrigeration cycle.

While it is a more efficient way of generating heat than electric resistance, it is in no way free energy.

edit on 13-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

A heat pump makes use of a difference in temperature between2 points. There are many types.
And heat or cold from the environment is free. At least it is over here. Stop nit picking and come up with a decent argument if you have one.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: playswithmachines

A heat pump makes use of a difference in temperature between2 points. There are many types.
And heat or cold from the environment is free. At least it is over here. Stop nit picking and come up with a decent argument if you have one.
You are trying to call heat pumps free energy and you accuse me of nitpicking?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I'm saying that heat pumps make use of heat energy from the environment, which is free (as in you don't have to pay for it). OK you have to pay for the pump, but after a while it will have paid for itself, and then it will be supplying you with 'free' energy, just like solar panels & windmills.

So yes, it is free energy.

Fusion from the lighter gasses readily available in our ocean will also cost so little as to be considered free, the reactors are relatively simple & cheap to make and are completely safe.
If TPTB will take you to court because heat pumps are unfair competition you know that they will NEVER allow cheap fusion reactors, like the ones they themselves have........

You get the picture now?

ETA; Look up the availability & fusion specs for hydrogen, deuterium, tritium, and Helium-3
Then tell me which one isn't naturally available on Earth and is worth 19 times more than gold, per pound.
Then go & look at the ones available by the megaton down here on earth.

I have already explained that He3 gives a much bigger bang per ounce (about 90 T TNT per gram) and is therefore the better fuel.
Yes it has a drawback, fast neutrons, neutrino's etc but that's not a problem in space.....
edit on 17-5-2017 by playswithmachines because: explanation

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

OK you have to pay for the pump, but after a while it will have paid for itself, and then it will be supplying you with 'free' energy, just like solar panels & windmills.
You have to pay to RUN the pump as well. i don't think you understand how a heat pump works.

In heating mode, heat pumps are three to four times more effective at heating than simple electrical resistance heaters using the same amount of electricity. Typically installed cost for a heat pump is about 20 times greater than for resistance heaters.

Link

If TPTB will take you to court because heat pumps are unfair competition
What are you talking about? Heat pumps are readily available for whoever wants to get them.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join