It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Silence. Politics. 2016. Trump. Hillary. I Need A Freaking Drink

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: Hefficide

A very good post.

It's about time we had some refreshing restraint politically. I had no idea this website was so left vs right until recently and it scares me, frankly.

This is supposed to be a bastion from propaganda, a 'safe space' for those who disagree with humanities stupidity (by and large) and a refuge for the 'emotionally dead'. I feel your pain, I too have become emotionally numb to these constant debates, these constant threats of war and never ending political face offs.

What happened to our UFO's and Bigfoot? What about the Pleadians and the hidden codes in the Bible, you know the CONSPIRACY stuff. This is looking more like CNN and FOX everyday....... Starting to think this site is majorly compromised, or has become a victim of the very thing it loaths, ignorance.

Absolutely it has been compromised. I can't understand why the leaders of this place won't step up to the table and put their foot down. Instead we are flooded with every single piece of dribble some posters can get their hands on. I'll leave names out, but two come to mind on both sides of the isle that are flooding the board to a degree it is becoming unreadable.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Was just about to do a rant and then I saw this thread which sums up my feelings (well said op)..

Seriously America, don't support either of these dead beats, one is so corrupt and literally committed treason by making her email server open to anyone with half a brain to hack and she KNEW IT, a person who says she did not realise the big C on emails meant confidential, seriously, a carrer politician and former lawyer wants you to accept she did not know that, good lord she has contempt for your inteligence. Plus you have all the other corruption time and time again between her and Big Balls Bill, its shocking she's not in prison let alone standing for the POTUS.

Then there's Mr Inappropriate himself, Donald Trump, a man who says things that any person with a few brain cells looking for an elite position would not say but what's worse is half the things he says he actually means, they are not Trumpism's where he makes fun of himself, these are real actual comments. There's also the fact he reminds me of the Greg Stilson Character from the 80's film Dead Zone, where Christopher Walkens character develops psychic abilities after a crash and while out bumps in to Martin Sheens character, Greg Stilson lobbying to be the next president, when he touches Stilsons hand via a handshake he sees the future of Stilson lording it over people and pressing the nuke button and saying how proud he was the one to do it. That for me could be Trump. There's too much ego and too little political savvy, he's a man of the people, just not ALL people, he does things based on ballsyness rather than educated choice.....Basically he's dangerous..

But BOTH are, I'd want neither of these criminals leading my hopes and aspirations in life, not that politicians give a rats ass about 'The People' anyway but you kind of hope they make keep you safe and neither of these two care about anyone else but you guys. Both just want power absolute, neither will use it wisely, neither will fight for your country and keep you safe..Both have agenda's that are not in your countries interest.

I know supporters of either person will rubbish my words but deep down you actually know I'm telling the truth...

Paul, here in the UK watching our lot worry every company so making the pound even less valuable instead of working together to keep it afloat...

Cretins every where...
edit on 15-10-2016 by Mclaneinc because: Oh dear, serious spelling errors...I'm tired...

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Don't blame me, I voted for Putin.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

That was f'ing beautiful!

You are not alone in your feelings about this election. It is really starting to give me stress. The amount of crap going on as a whole, along with people refusing to look past the headlines and use there brain is mind blowing. It's sad that our country has gotten so out of touch with reality, that we are left to choose between these two candidates.

When electing the next PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED F***ING STATES, I shouldnt have to feel like my only options are to either ......1.sit this one out....... 2. Vote to keep a specific candidate OUT!

I was trying to explain all of this to my wife, and the best that I could come up with is to ask "Would you rather be stabbed 10 times, or beaten for 5 minutes?" Both are going to hurt, both will cause a lot of damage, and both could potentially be the death of you. Both options really suck, so you might as well choose the one that will give you the best chance of survival with the least amount of damage.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Your misunderstanding is that it didn't go down the crapper fast at all. We had people in support of Monarchy with Bush II. Of 300,000,000 people, Bush Jr. just happened to be the best choice and also son of a previous president? No, monarchy. Fail.

But of course the beginning of the end was the moment the constitution was written. Governments job is to grow in power until it collapses. Governments know how to gain power, not relinquish it. The US Civil War according to Abe Lincoln would have been fought even if the south released all slaves, because to honest Abe, killing 100,000 people must be done if it means maximizing the power of his empire.

The United States is nothing more than an illusion that people have... it does nothing for you and asks for everything including your life. The dirty secret of the United States is that there is nothing they can do that we can't do better without them. The true accomplishment of the United States is that the country proved it. Its growth relative to the rest of the world all occurred while its total tax rate was less than 10%. And it had this tax rate because that is the most they could manage to steal from people. After about 1900 America started to tax and spend. Not coincidentally, it stopped becoming greater than other countries. After 1913, America installed a fascist banking system. After 1971, America started spiraling out of control.

Now we are in a death grip with government spending at 34% of the economy. It took centuries of power leeching by politicians to get there. Centuries. So no, it wasn't a quick crash to the middle of the cesspool with the other countries. The USA is truly in the middle of the pack, and so we are doomed.

The solutions are to adapt what works. What works is capitalism served cold. That works. That reduces the gap between rich and poor. The studies show this. Imagine a world where we simply do what actually is proven to work. The statistics tell us what works logically. The emotions are all politics knows, because emotions program the citizenry to do what the kings and now queens (Clinton) order us to do. Clinton does not care what works... she doesn't have the time for that or the reward for doing something against emotions. If human kind should ever mix emotions and logic political decisions, America will rise from the ashes. Edit - Oh yeah and Trump does not have time to care about what works either... his emotional wall idea is the product of five minutes of contemplation... an hour at best for a topic that takes at least a month of seasoned research to even comment on properly.

Hard cold statistics tell us well... we are wrong about many things. Emotions however are not swayed by the math, so our doom has come. Welcome to the middle of the end. The early 1900's were the beginning of the end. Now we are in the middle of the end. And the end of the end could easily take another 50 to 100 years if the central bankers play their cards perfectly. Those who have the gold make the rules. The central bankers have the gold. Monarchy is alive and well.

The ruling class is doing better than ever today. And will be doing better than that next year. The system works flawlessly and perfectly according to its design. Corporate profits have been on flat-line because the elites have maxed out their system.
edit on 16-10-2016 by fractal5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2016 by fractal5 because: missing words

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I honestly feel that this election marks the death of modern America. A statement like that may seem dramatic but unfortunately, when you examine the state of affairs in our country at the moment and you realize why we have the candidates we do and accept the level of corruption we are dealing with, you begin to realize that no matter who wins this one, half of the population in America is going to be violently upset to the point of actively trying to effect change.

Hillory or Trump, it doesn't matter, America is going to change after this election and it won't have so much to do with the candidate as it will the people of the country. The road we are travling is a long and dark one and what will ultimately be at the end.......... No one knows.

If your religious, I'd say a prayer, if not, well, keep your fingers crossed, it's gonna get real interesting, real fast.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Finally found a place of reason, where reasonable comments (and civility) prevail. Ahh a sigh of relief.. one could almost forget what's brewing outside my door at this very moment.

Thank you OP for this break from the regular programming.

<< 1  2   >>

join