It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Trends Among Black Folks Due To "Racial" Divide.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Have we moved at all from the civil rights era of the 50's and 60's?

I get so sick of this on all spectrums.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Have we moved at all from the civil rights era of the 50's and 60's?

I get so sick of this on all spectrums.

The rights are there, and arguably there is some movement, quite a lot frankly, but still the hearts and minds of many have not been moved, perhaps until we can truly identify and show empathy with one another the divide will continue.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I've always felt that the black community dropped the ball during the civil rights movement in that we focused too much on gaining political power at the expense of economic power.

Since the 70s, blacks have been in powerful political positions in most major cities. Mayors, city councils, school boards, police chiefs, etc. Congress. Now the President. However, the black community still complains about the cards being stacked against us.

Economic power is what matters. You can have all the buck dancing bojangling politicians you want, but unless you control the dollars, they are not going to pay any attention to you. This is why so many black politicians are nothing but tokens to white liberals.

The black community spends more than a trillion dollars per year yet we really don't own much other than barber shops and record labels. We have hundreds if not thousands of athletes and entertainers making millions per year, yet few of these minstrels have done anything with that money other than buying Bentley's and platinum Jesus pieces.

No HBCU in America should be wanting for funds. We could easily capitalize our banks (Most black banks can barely keep their doors open). We could have venture capital and private equity firms. We could fund our own school systems.

Here in Chicago, the poverty pimps constantly complain that grocery stores aren't opening in the black community. So called food deserts. Yet, these communities are filled with these zoot suit preachers driving cadillacs taking money from their broke ass congregations, yet none of these buffoons can pool their money to open a black owned grocery store? Instead we complain we can't get a Whole Foods.

The black community has been destroyed by this victimization mentality.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
a reply to: odzeandennz

From another thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can you show where the bbc said it was racism... I you just assume the stuff in your head for truth

But yea man there's no racism and blacks pull the race card every time.
Cheers.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Can you show where the bbc said it was racism...

NO I cant show you..... It was on the UK news stations

I you just assume the stuff in your head for truth

My eyes have seen they don't assume

But yea man there's no racism and blacks pull the race card every time.

Well I watched the programme on both weeks, and considered the

correct dancers (who were the worst performers) were correctly

voted off .....

It just so happened to be that on both occasions the worst dancers

were black!

But hey!! why worry about something as minor as fact

when you can play the *race card* and win

edit on 12-10-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I cannot disagree with much of the above, but also that's part of what they are attempting to address hence the Bank Black movement, the growing move away from the church because of hustlers like the Creflo Dollars of this world, you are from Chicago you already know of Urban Prep as a model that could and should be expanded on.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I fully support the idea of strictly black and white colleges myself. I think it is a wonderful idea!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
edit probably against rules
edit on 10/13/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
No HBCU in America should be wanting for funds. We could easily capitalize our banks (Most black banks can barely keep their doors open). We could have venture capital and private equity firms. We could fund our own school systems.

Here in Chicago, the poverty pimps constantly complain that grocery stores aren't opening in the black community. So called food deserts. Yet, these communities are filled with these zoot suit preachers driving cadillacs taking money from their broke ass congregations, yet none of these buffoons can pool their money to open a black owned grocery store? Instead we complain we can't get a Whole Foods.

It's not the economics that prevents investment in black communities; it's the crime. And the crime isn't because of economics; poor white and Asian people don't have the same violent crime rates as poor black people.

No one's going to open up a grocery store if they have to fear for their lives every day they go to work and fear financially that they will be robbed every week. No lender is going to give money to that trainwreck of an investment idea either.

If you capitalized a black bank that invested in black communities, the investments would get robbed blind, the loan holder would be unable to pay his loan, and then the bank would go out of business for making loans that can't be paid back. So, it would quickly end up exactly like it already is.

The problem with schools isn't the money either. A run-down inner city school today has more educational resources than Harvard did in 1995. Instant access to all human knowledge from all history, free access to every scientific journal published in history and this month (!! this is unbelievable), free access to courses taught by Harvard professors, free instant contact with any professor/ scientist/ business leader on the planet (try e-mailing a billionaire or a nobel prize winner -- i have done both and have gotten thoughtful responses)... It's just ridiculous.

You know in your heart that you could fund an inner city school with a billion dollars a year and it wouldn't change educational outcomes at all. After all, the average inner city school today has more educational resources than a billion dollars a year would have given it in 1995. Yet, there's no change.

The problem with both of these -- investing into the community, schools -- is the people. As long as African Americans act like they do, no amount of investment into the communities (they will all go bankrupt) and no amount of investment into the schools (the kids and parents won't care or use the new resources) will make a difference. The second that African American's aggregate character as a people changes for the better, all of these things will also change.
edit on 10/13/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

What a load of ill-informed hogwash you posted above, and some one starred you??? lol, Edumkated is saying Black folks with money or working class need to pool their money and do more with their trillion dollars per year , Black banking institutions have been around since the end of the civil war, as integration grew the money began to spread to non AA businesses, they are no more likely to rob you blind than a white banking institution ..cough cough! Wells Fargo and the institutions involved in the housing loan scandal that almost bought America to it's knees.

African American Towns And Businesses The Unknown Story:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
You act like every single AA community is a train wreak, I gave examples of educators going in setting up charter schools that graduate Black kids higher than the national average at 100% all college bound for 7yrs in a row, in others I address the work of urban farmers using abandoned spaces to overcome food deserts especially in California the off shoots of that resulting in farmers markets, no one is robbed blind, yes I know most detractors here are focusing in on west side of Chicago which is under going gang violence not seen since the 80ts in Cali or D.C
WIth the right type of leadership ,community participation and investment a lot can change , Black folks are not more prone to crime than any other ethnic group with the same history of isolation or Benign neglect < a policy proposed by Patrick Moynihan, then a policy wonk for Richard Nixon, the burnt out buildings in the Bronx for example were a result of that, where firemen engaged in triage rather than fight fires, why were building being burnt out, because landlords mostly "Whites" could collect on the insurance , the surrounding areas looked dark, gloomy and was indeed dangerous.

edit on 13-10-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I was reading that some of these black banks really are not all that great. Apparently they are known for not giving loans

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: RedDragon
Black folks are not more prone to crime than any other ethnic group with the same history of isolation or Benign neglect

edit: nm i cant have an honest conversation on this because its against the rules, and possibly against the law depending on where you live
edit on 10/14/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I disagree with you.

Either segregation is bad, or its not. The idea that somehow black youths are barraged by racism, especially at colleges is just not true. Sure you can point out instances, but how would that be any different than me pointing out instances of bad behavior by black youths.

Most colleges lean to being extremely liberal. These liberal colleges promote diversity to the extreme. They also make entire curriculum about "whiteness" being a problem.

If a white person wanted a safe space from minorities because they felt attacked (especially in lieu of the fact that there are entire majors that are sanctioned by universities to criticize whiteness) you would call them a racist.

I have a different reason for these calls of black segregation we are now seeing on campuses. I think many of these blacks have been told how bad white people are, and how there is systemic institutional racism, and how they are victims.

They see that when the college world the more they play the victim, the more rewards they get. And the administrators are so concerned about not appearing racist that the will give in to any ridiculous demand. The more demands that are met, the more crazy and abudant the demands are made.

And now we are at the point where some black people are demanding segregation. We have come full circle to an idea that was rejected a half a century ago.

Think of it this way, when black that are demanding segregation and the administrators that are with them are agreeing with neo nazi skin heads that the races should be separated, you may have a clue that there is a problem.

This is pretty much spot on. Obama and his cronies have been regurgitating racial victimization for both of his terms now, young black youth who were young when he was elected . . . . it's all they've heard and now it's how they feel, regardless of if it's true or not. My girlfriend is half Peruvian half white. She has told me that she has seen more racism directed at her very white father than her quite dark mother.

I have my own theories as to why things are the way they are with regards to police and black people, but it gets tiresome constantly repeating it.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon

originally posted by: Edumakated

It's not the economics that prevents investment in black communities; it's the crime. And the crime isn't because of economics; poor white and Asian people don't have the same violent crime rates as poor black people.

No one's going to open up a grocery store if they have to fear for their lives every day they go to work and fear financially that they will be robbed every week. No lender is going to give money to that trainwreck of an investment idea either.

If you capitalized a black bank that invested in black communities, the investments would get robbed blind, the loan holder would be unable to pay his loan, and then the bank would go out of business for making loans that can't be paid back. So, it would quickly end up exactly like it already is.

The problem with schools isn't the money either. A run-down inner city school today has more educational resources than Harvard did in 1995. Instant access to all human knowledge from all history, free access to every scientific journal published in history and this month (!! this is unbelievable), free access to courses taught by Harvard professors, free instant contact with any professor/ scientist/ business leader on the planet (try e-mailing a billionaire or a nobel prize winner -- i have done both and have gotten thoughtful responses)... It's just ridiculous.

You know in your heart that you could fund an inner city school with a billion dollars a year and it wouldn't change educational outcomes at all. After all, the average inner city school today has more educational resources than a billion dollars a year would have given it in 1995. Yet, there's no change.

The problem with both of these -- investing into the community, schools -- is the people. As long as African Americans act like they do, no amount of investment into the communities (they will all go bankrupt) and no amount of investment into the schools (the kids and parents won't care or use the new resources) will make a difference. The second that African American's aggregate character as a people changes for the better, all of these things will also change.

This is also spot on as well. It's not popular, but it's the truth. I spent my formative years in a predominantly black neighborhood as a white boy. Crime and rebelling get (for lack of a more original term) street credit, and it's a viciously self reinforcing circle. It usually starts out innocent enough, a 12 year old is surrounded by gang bangers and thugs and sees the glory gang bangers and thugs get from stealing, committing crime etc, they begin to emulate it. It usually starts out small, something simple: Steal a coke from 7/11. They might not get caught, they might get caught after a few tries, etc, regardless, the outcomes are the same:

They get caught and the cops get called: They get street cred from their peers for having the balls to commit a crime and getting arrested (other 12 and 13 year olds, and possible older "role models", and you are fooling yourself if you don't think inner city kids praise each other for getting arrested) - POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT

They don't get caught, but word still gets around that Lil Josh can steal anything from 7/11: He gets praise from his peers for being crafty and sneaky enough to not get caught - POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT

This positive reinforcement leads them to get more bold. Lil Josh graduates from stealing candy and soda from 7/11 to maybe stealing video games from Wal-Mart, the same 2 outcomes occur, they either get caught and get praise for having a run in with the law again, or they don't get caught and are emboldened for being good thieves - POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT.

And it just continues to snow ball from their. They graduate to bigger and badder things, breaking into people's houses, stealing other kids bikes and selling them, maybe for drugs, maybe for money, regardless, they get scooped up into the fold. As they make their way into more and more serious crimes, they see older role models rage against the police because that's just what gang bangers do, they run away from the cops, they resist arrest, they go to jail (which is pretty much hitting a home run with regards to getting reputation in the inner city). They see their friends go to jail, and it reinforces that cops are bad. Out of spite for the police, they commit crime because that's just the way it is.

This is a stark contrast to other poor ethnic groups where crime is not actively and positively reinforced. I'm not saying that other ethnicities (White and Hispanic mostly) in poor areas are simply less prone to crime than black, poor communities, I'm saying their isn't nearly as much positive reinforcement. I'd say as a rule, their is merely indifference to crimes committed. What do I mean by this? I mean that, it is more likely for say, a 13 year old, poor black kid who has committed a crime to get positive reinforcement by a peer, or maybe even an older role model than a poor, 13 year old hispanic kid, or white kid. Whereas a 17 year old role model for the black kid may give the 13 year old props and a feigned "you shouldn't do that", a 17 year old role model for the white or hispanic kid is more likely to be indifferent. As opposed to a "You stole that bike? You're just a little thug aint you? (This is the positive reinforcement)" that a black kid might hear, a white or hispanic kid might hear more along the lines of "Where'd you get that bike? You stole it? Why? . . . . ." Sure, the white or hispanic "role model" may not do anything about the bike, might not tell the person it was stolen from, or tell the kid the give the bike back, but they won't (or are less likely to) actively, positively reinforce the behavior. Thus to the white or hispanic kid, stealing bikes becomes less important.

I don't expect any bleeding heart progressives to actually consider what I've said, but I truly do think it's a part of the problem. You can give them everything they need. They can have the best schools with new computers and new text books every year and tons of elective courses for kids, but as long as stealing, fighting, and drugs are given more positive reinforcement than building things, getting work experience and getting educated, we will be stuck in the same situation. Even for kids who are given true second chances on life have wasted them away. Stories like the black teenager who was initially denied a heart transplant due to his criminal past show the power that inner city crime and positive reinforcement.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If anyone has ever read history books that go back millenniums you’ll notice little to no reference to the color of the people involved in the history recorded.

All you’ll hear is he or she was Roman, Greek, or African, but no reference to color.

Indeed this idea is a concoction or LIE from some racist German or English intellectuals of medieval times who in justifying their wicked racism wanted to invent something called RACE.

It's utter Bull sh__!

We are NOT different colors, BLACK OR WHITE ( SPEAK WHITE OR BLACK) or races WE ARE ONE RACE

The Goddam Human race

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Its sad that some “black” people have fallen into this trap of race. As the ignorant "white" people have done the same.

What they don’t understand is that as long as they perpetuate the Goddam lie of “black” or " white" race they are fallen into a deception and ignorance and became as racist as their racist counterparts

There's NO SUCH THING AS BLACK OR WHITE RACE!!!!!

edit on 15-10-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
“Black” people in America in 2016 are NOT a race.

They are a sub-cultural descendant of African slaves

Let me ask you something

Speak the “black” language

Speak the “white” language

There’s NO SUCH THING!

But you can speak the Chinese language

The English language

The Egyptian language

People who are proud of their race( color) are proud of an illusion and PERPETUATE racism!

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Black and white are delusions of ignorance

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

We say that about the wave from the new weather underground recruits ,BLM and Soros bank rolled threats to take out.
Skin?
Who cares.
Been POOR and White all my life,MY own problems caused it.
NOT another race or faith.
I am NATIONALIST not a damn KKK thug.
I am VERY much offended by any inquiry assuming such and respond with the appropriate bass language ,these little misunderstandings of a media programmed nature produce friction for the reason of manipulation.
I 'm smarter.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: mazzroth

When your going for a job don't act like your back on the block with attitude, show respect and talk in a calm respectful manner. Then perhaps you'll get respect and actually be in a chance for the job, instead of the interviewing thinking that this guy is goiung to be nothing but trouble. So many times now I keep seeing the Darker Skinned races just looking for the most minute of excuse to fire up and drop the race card again and again.

Well said ....

Ten people up for a job, all with similar qualifications all equally qualified.

Five of them are black, five of them white ... A white person gets the job

the other four white people say to themselves "better luck to me next time

and i will make a bit more effort in whatever direction next time".

The five black people say to themselves "It was because I was black!"

But if the Black person gets the job how many of those White people say "It's because Affirmative Action"?

It's absolutely disgusting the hate I see towards Blacks on this site and even worse some of you people have kids.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join