It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you support Trump, your career is over.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Actually my past career and many others also disappeared because of Hillarys husband , Bush, Obama and Hillary says she is Obama. The only person that has created jobs is Trump. But to be fair I actually make a fortune now thanks to Obama because my company relies on government money through the housing loss so if Trump gets elected and cuts out fraud and abuse then YOUR RIGHT , I wont have a job anymore.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Much ado about nothing. Do they take a human resources person into the polling booth with them? Who would know who you support?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger The only good thing about Bill Oreilly is that Jesse Watters has a kinda funny part in there. I cannot stand that high school history teacher know it all mentality, it so condescending to open ideas.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Much ado about nothing. Do they take a human resources person into the polling booth with them? Who would know who you support?

Actually it is quite grave. Showing support for a political candidate is not grounds for firing, or even shaming, in liberal democracies. That behavior is the property of totalitarian states.

Knowing this, we can predict that the "Shy Tory Effect", or "Bradly effect", will prove the polls wrong.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The premise is ridiculous. Only YOU know who you're supporting. Unless you want to attempt to influence your coworkers no one knows who you support. It IS a secret ballot, right?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

originally posted by: Picklesneeze
a reply to: WilburnRoach

People like you that are only capable of screaming "bigot" or "racist" are actually helping Trump get votes.

You're exactly right. Its comments by Mr Roach that makes people vote for Trump. Stuff like that rallies Trump's base and brings in even more. Its how Trump has gotten to this point.

Really? It's the comments of others that drive people to vote for Trump, not his policy ideas, experience or intelligence?

No wonder our political process is so wonky. People vote with their emotions instead of logic or common sense.

You must understand - People voting for Trump are doing so to slap the establishment in the face. They vote for him to dismantle the current political establishment. People are tired of DC politics and they see Trump as a platform to use to dismantle it. Most Trump supporters don't support Trump "the man", Trump is being used by these people to vent their frustrations. Hes a conduit so to speak.

I would venture to guess that those people most likely have no idea what the "establishment" is.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Actually it is quite grave. Showing support for a political candidate is not grounds for firing, or even shaming, in liberal democracies. That behavior is the property of totalitarian states.

Knowing this, we can predict that the "Shy Tory Effect", or "Bradly effect", will prove the polls wrong.

Indeed...It is apparent that Trump's Briebart strategy is betting on the "Bradley Effect" ...

The purported phenomena that White Supremacists prayerfully invoke every-time an African American runs for office..

The last I heard it proposed was before the 08 and 12 elections of President Obama?

The idea that the polls were wrong and that White people would claim to be voting for President Obama, but then actually vote for the White candidate? McCain and then Romney?

Really Les?..That is where you are nesting your hope for Trump? Have you considered that the Bradley effect did not make an appearance when an actual African American won office ..TWICE?

Or have you considered that Hillary Clinton is not African American?

Or that it is not solely people of various race, ethnicity or religious backgrounds that Trump has attacked...it is now an entire gender?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Unless you want to attempt to influence your coworkers no one knows who you support.t IS a secret ballot, right?

you just said it right there. it is your right to be able to talk to people, and express your views. your views may influence others. if what o'reilly says is true, they would be forcing you not to speak your mind and keep your views to yourself if you value your job. sure you can keep it to yourself, but that not what our system is suppose to be about.

edit on 11-10-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Actually, the rules go like this :
# 1 Vote for who you like.
# 2 When your boss asks, tell'em it's none of their business, your vote is private. The, if you get fired for it, sue the living sh** out of that company and boss.
Maybe it's just me, but I have never and will never kiss ass to some petulant child who just happens to be the boss.

link   
#nobodyforpresident

link   
a reply to: Indigo5

The point is, people say they are voting one way for social reasons, to avoid being a pariah, being fired, for instance, but vote another way when they are finally alone. I just used the Bradly Effect as an example. Brexit is another example. Really, Indigo.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The premise is ridiculous. Only YOU know who you're supporting. Unless you want to attempt to influence your coworkers no one knows who you support. It IS a secret ballot, right?

Yes but people express their political affiliations. That's what those signs on lawns mean.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think people are getting off topic talking about THEIR workspace. This was originally about the MSM workspace, not yours. And from that standpoint it is very true, no question. Whether people are ordered to slam Trump, I don't know, but the de facto attitude is a typical newsroom today is decidedly liberal and anti-GOP. My cousin was a copy editor for his entire journalism career and reports that everyone from the sports guys to the weathermen have a visceral hatred for anything the least bit conservative and their biases are shown when they 'report' the news. For example, a local newspaper has a national news "wire" from which they pull stories for publication. My cousin reported that during the Bush administration ANYTHING that could be construed as "pro-Bush" was ignored and ANYTHING that could be construed as anti-Bush was published. He reports that it is an emotional issue such that you dare not voice any conservative views. It's not that you will be fired because of your politics. They'll find another way to isolate you and then claim you were not a "team player" so that is why you left.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The point is, people say they are voting one way for social reasons, to avoid being a pariah, being fired, for instance, but vote another way when they are finally alone.

No...not to belabor reality here, but you said the Bradley effect would disprove the polls.

No one is alienated by their social group or fired from their jobs for anonymously responding to a telephone survey by quietly pushing a button in the privacy of their home.

Seems to me you are altering what you said.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The more people push against Trump, the bigger his support base grows. Anyone that drops off is quickly replaced by more.

Not anymore. Trump has reached the ceiling on that gravy train.

According to who? Who has the actual proof that he reached his ceiling?

Well all the polls for one. I'm curious where your proof is that the opposite is true.

Polls? I've yet to be a part of one single poll. How many have you voted in? Polls are just a sample of 300 to 1200 people.
On top of that, Trump's crowds remain tremendously huge, tens of thousands, while Hillary sucks in about 100 to 300 people.

That's probably because a huge portion of Trump support is from older folks. They have time to go to his rallies. Clinton's supporters are at work.

In terms of demographics, Trump’s supporters are a bit older, less educated and earn less than the average Republican. Slightly over half are women. About half are between 45 and 64 years of age, with another 34 percent over 65 years old and less than 2 percent younger than 30.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

LULZ! Gotta love the old worn out, lame, tired "Trump supporters are uneducated and poor" line... Always trying to paint Trump's supporters as racist, homophobic, islamophobic, sexist, uneducated, and poor.

Percent of U.S. adults who can’t read (below a basic level) - 14%
Number of U.S. adults who can’t read - 32,000,000
Percent of high school graduates who can’t read - 19%

Reading Level of U.S. Adults:
Proficient - 13%
Intermediate - 44%
Basic - 29%
Below Basic - 14%

Demographics of Adults Who Read Below a Basic Level:
Hispanic - 41%
Black - 24%
White - 9%
Other - 13%

www.statisticbrain.com...

49.5% of Americans are on some type of government assistance, excluding Social Security, Medicare, unemployment and veterans benefits.

So if Trump is getting the uneducated, jobless votes, you better be worried because Obama got it all the last two times.

Furthermore, although you're just talking out of your ass, if Trump pulled in the uneducated and poor, it still wouldn't change the fact that he wants to make this country great again. And that would make this educated, job holding man, and all those like me, extremely happy.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

The shy Tory effect and the Bradly effect are the same phenomena, just with different conditions. We can call it the Shy Trump Effect if that's more to your liking.

Edit: After some Googling, I suppose the correct term would be "spiral of silence" theory.
edit on 11-10-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: beeeyotch

Actually my past career and many others also disappeared because of Hillarys husband

are you george h w bush?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Furthermore, although you're just talking out of your ass

Talking out of my ass? I provided a source with the statistics I quoted.

if Trump pulled in the uneducated and poor, it still wouldn't change the fact that he wants to make this country great again. And that would make this educated, job holding man, and all those like me, extremely happy.

Make this country great again? Now who's talking out of their ass? That doesn't mean anything. It's a slogan like "Hope and Change".

Congrats. You fell for it.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: kinglizard

When people believe a singular source is the arbiter of reliable news consider the possibility that you yourself may be living in a box of their making.

Of course they believe him, Orielly, and Hannity have been talking heads for Trump, They are Rabid supporters, splitting the country even more, calling anyone who doesnt support him , basically Un-American....

Add to the fact that Roger Ailes.... founder and former Chairman and CEO of Fox News, is now coaching Trump.....

Its the perfect Propaganda machine......

And people say Hillary controls the Media.......you Trump supporters sure are blind to your own mans Media game, what with Breitbart and all........

Really? Basically? So in other words, they're not saying it. Meanwhile, you don't mention a word about Clinton herself calling all Trump supporters racist, sexist, homophobic, islamophobic, and irredeemable. We get called every name in the book and you're more worried about what two people "basically" said. You sound exactly like those people who have said and done worse than Trump has said, and won't support him because of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join