It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM planning to loot and raid after Hurricane hits

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
They'll make GREAT rifle targets!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso
While I am not in accordance with much that I hear coming out of BLM, I also find the over reactionary response to them combustable. This thread for instance. One, as OP states, the web site posting it is an ultra conservative website. And in it there are no mentions of BLM other than by one replier. Likewise there is only one mention of someone posting that that person was only going to loot in white neighborhoods. Only one. Yet our OP comes out and states in a reply that "they" are going to loot white neighborhoods. Just as the website takes one mention of BLM and turns it into a headline, so to does the OP take one mention of white neighborhoods by one person of unknown race and turns it into THEY,,,,,

As you correctly point out the situation in some of the more impoverished black neighborhoods is dire. I also agee that this loose confederation of people who call themselves BLM are not helping the matter. But blaming BLM generally for a few lowbrow tweets or posts does nothing but inflame the situation. This tendency to blame all for the few is racism,, black or white or whatever.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

That just means you had an opinion before viewing facts. That is pathetic.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
While I am not in accordance with much that I hear coming out of BLM, I also find the over reactionary response to them combustable. This thread for instance. One, as OP states, the web site posting it is an ultra conservative website. And in it there are no mentions of BLM other than by one replier. Likewise there is only one mention of someone posting that that person was only going to loot in white neighborhoods. Only one. Yet our OP comes out and states in a reply that "they" are going to loot white neighborhoods. Just as the website takes one mention of BLM and turns it into a headline, so to does the OP take one mention of white neighborhoods by one person of unknown race and turns it into THEY,,,,,

As you correctly point out the situation in some of the more impoverished black neighborhoods is dire. I also agee that this loose confederation of people who call themselves BLM are not helping the matter. But blaming BLM generally for a few lowbrow tweets or posts does nothing but inflame the situation. This tendency to blame all for the few is racism,, black or white or whatever.

Terry will you eat your words when looting happens after the hurricane? You know there will be looting! I wonder if someone gets hurt what side you will be on? Do you think BLM will care or will it be more fuel for the fire they ignore by not addressing the issue.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

Terry will you eat your words when looting happens after the hurricane? You know there will be looting! I wonder if someone gets hurt what side you will be on? Do you think BLM will care or will it be more fuel for the fire they ignore by not addressing the issue.

Dig. There is a likelihood of looting after the hurricane. It is likely to happen. But I will blame it on poverty and not on race or BLM which to my reasoning does not represent more than a small portion of black people. And add to that, they are not elected but seem rather to be self appointed spokemen intent on advancing their own agenda. I do not assume from one mention of blm and one mention of looting in white towns to be anything more than the words of a few.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Why would BLM care or address looting happening after a hurricane? They aren't sanctioning the looting! They have nothing to do with these 4 tweets.
Looting happens after a lot of natural disasters. It happens after sports games, even.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

I can understand why a crazy clickbait site would add BLM to this for no reason, but why would you stoop to causing nonsense get more views?

This should be in HOAX.

edit on 7-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: seagull

As evidenced by the unfortunate star count for this OP.

You are aware i stated these facts when posting the article I even stated the nature of the blog yet people like you try to knock down the article simply because you are afraid to look. Even if it was 4 people blm should state it has no intention of doing something as pathetic and opertunistic as looting hurricane victims in the name of social justice.

Do you think the leaders of BLM read this tiny conservative website and should officially respond to it? Have a press conference?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Dig. There is a likelihood of looting after the hurricane. It is likely to happen. But I will blame it on poverty and not on race or BLM which to my reasoning does not represent more than a small portion of black people. And add to that, they are not elected but seem rather to be self appointed spokemen intent on advancing their own agenda. I do not assume from one mention of blm and one mention of looting in white towns to be anything more than the words of a few.

Yes poverty those poor people hell bent on getting a new tv or a carton of cigs or sporting apperal just want to feed their families by stealing TV's from white victims of a hurricane. Lets be honest here poverty has nothing to do with this. And people are staying in danger solely because they dont want to come home to a house thats hasnt been damaged by the hurricane however has been ransacked by opertunistic who feel politically motivated and righteous in their actions. What is really sad is I'am being called a racist for addressing this issue like its ok to take advantage of victims as long as its white victims. But hey I'm the racist right.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
''Lets be honest here poverty has nothing to do with this.'' If this is your belief, then I can't think of much to reply with for certainly anything I might say you have already heard and found meaningless.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Not just poverty, but stupid, too.

Any white folks who loot, are they going to automatically be assumed to be BLM, too? Must say, I'm curious about that.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Not just poverty, but stupid, too.

Any white folks who loot, are they going to automatically be assumed to be BLM, too? Must say, I'm curious about that.

No if white ROBBERS plan on looting I would doubt they would advertise their actions. And no i wouldnt lump them in with BLM.

Must be all those poor people with smartphones and twitter accounts

What you should find interesting should be if someone gets killed looting and hes black do you think blm will be outraged now what about the white looter? Will BLM be beating the war drums for those poor white looter will they riot. I highly doubt it. So nows the real question. Is that fighting for social equality or political favoritism.
edit on 8-10-2016 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

True or not Black Lives Matter is not a peaceful movement. Doesn't even care about what it claims to care about- black lives.

I had several chats with friends in Charleston about Black Lives Matter. Did you notice that they're not protesting in Charleston? The community there has put them on a very tight rein I'm told. They have been told in no uncertain terms that if they bring outsiders in and trouble ensues, there will be consequences. At least four of the black churches have banded together to keep the "agitators" away. They are making sure that the Charleston chapter confines its activities to making a real difference in the lives they impact---cultural activities, arts, crafts and living skills. As our friend put it, "Things they need to know and learn before they go out in the streets screeching. They need to learn to tie their shoes and hitch up their pants and not be out there covering their faces like a bunch of robbers."

There are bad eggs in every community. There are people who will steal by looting. There are also people who will steal by taking advantage of the situation. They probably will be wearing suits. People will donate millions of dollars to charities who will take the major portion of it to give their friends million-dollar salaries for doing good works. I guess it's all in your perspective. I don't condone looting of any kind. It would seem to me to be a dangerous thing in South Carolina because most of those folks are armed.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

So because they lump everyone under one aegis to "protest", it's all right if we do the same?

No group of people are the same. You know that, or you should. Why attempt to treat them as though they are? Which is exactly what websites like the one in the link is doing.

#Y'allarethesame. #onegroupfitsall.

Judge by the action, not the words. Looter should be punished--no argument. Even if they are BLM, the ones who don't loot, or egg on, don't deserve to be tarred with the same brush.

When does painting all of a group as evil ever work out well? That's a lynch mob mentality, and should have no place in society.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I am sick of this racial conversation with the the media making it much worse. There is a terrible situation for minorities that keeps them poor-and the anger has become combustible-to themselves and others. Minority leaders have inflamed those suffering or white etc would want to help-sad indeed. The BLM is working for the continuation mistrust and fueling anger.
The spiral is palpable and scary. I do blame the media for the great divide-it is hurting our country terribly.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

That just means you had an opinion before viewing facts. That is pathetic.

Nope. That means that i have been on ATS enough to smell a liar and a bullsh*t thread when i see it. Sorry you cant grasp this simple concept.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
a reply to: Gryphon66

Considering the amount of racism and prejudice that has now become common on ATS,
Why not create a special section for it.
It could have sub-sections for each race and religion.
And you could name it the " HATE FORUM "

Buck

i think there is so much of it, we really would need two sub forums in that HATE forum. Muslim and black. Then all the people like the Op can happily post there and we can happily avoid them

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
And.... We're in the LoL forum. That's about right. Good job OP, you're doing conservatives proud by spreading racism and ignorance.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Yeah, maybe something conservatives are already used to, like Breitbarts "Black Crimes" section. Jesus, so god damn racist. Does Breitbart have a "White Crimes" section? Nope. Not even a "White Collar Crimes" section.

Btw, the chairman of the racist Breitbart is also the CEO of Trump's campaign. And who the hell ever heard of a CEO for a presidential campaign? Talk about Pay To Play.

Conservatives, you all make me sick.
edit on 8-10-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso The media is indeed culpable and at best shallow. Through media the populace has been trained to think in sound bites and easily summed conclusions. Manipulated by power or not, mass media is a sickness on our society.

BLM does indeed help the continuation of mistrust but likewise, I hold, does relating with them through the sound bite mentality that media fosters. And though understandable, reactions pointing to all black people as BLMers is media nonsense that is so easily used by racists.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join