It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Man Bun. Just no.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: DBCowboy

Now I remember where my Members Only jacket is!

Mine is right next to the two pairs of parachute pants I owned. (no really)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Mine is right next to the two pairs of parachute pants I owned. (no really)

Parachute pants. Too funny.

There are good for only two things, break dancing or skydiving and I would pay money to see you breakdance or fall out of an airplane.

More for the latter.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Network dude,

I too thought man buns we're idiotic, much like white people sporting dreadlocks.
But wait! Check this out. (Sorry, wrong site) Apparently, someone has devoted their life to this content-rich manbun website, so there must be more to the manbun than we thought. For example, did you know that there are seven types of manbun?

'Man Bun Hairstyle' ... It's copyrighted!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: NerdGoddess

wow, I am sorry you feel so offended by this. In reality, I could give a rats ass how stupid folks wish to appear, it's them who have to go through life and eventually, look back and laugh at how funny they looked. I had my share of stupid things I wore in the name of fashion and "fitting in" when I was young and needed that validation.

This is a light hearted rant. I promise, no man buns were harmed in the writing of this post.

I'm not offended, it has nothing to do with me lol. I thought that it was hilarious that you even wrote a rant about it!

-Alee

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Sahabi
...I would not expect a fellow craftsman to degrade an entire culture...

I think the people Dude is referring to (hipsters) are not doing it for cultural reasons, they are doing it to be trendy.

I would love to believe that, especially for the sake of peace and universal brotherhood. I even made mention of the detriment of the hipster-craze on the views of my ancestral culture.

However, after chiming-in about the indigenous culture of Southeast Asia, India, and NerdGodess' mention of Anishinaabe culture,..... the replies being directed at me become more condescending, hostile, and ridiculing.

As for my introspection, I should not let the opinions of others weigh heavy on my psyche. But that does not account for the rest of this thread.

May we all walk in Light.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi
I would love to believe that...

I bet if you walked around Brooklyn and questioned every top-knotted, bearded ding-dong you encountered (and you would encounter a s*** ton) and asked them what they knew about culture the first thing they would probably think is that you wanted to start a yoghurt factory.

edit on 7-10-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer becasue he left it in the ladies room

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I feel like watchin' Nascar.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I feel like watchin' Nascar.

I may get my cornrows re-braided.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I hear they bun well.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I agree about the man buns as the latest trend looking silly. It's the metrosexual generation. The african american and different cultural man buns do look appropriate to me.

The turkish prison comment you made is interesting. If that's true and not tongue-in-cheek comment i for one would like to see you elaborate on that sometime. Do tell...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I hear they bun well.

I Loc Dog the hell out of them.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Think it's stupid all you want, but when my husband had long hair & bunned it, he got laid more. There's just a certain level of hotness to man buns, a lot of women covertly love the bleep out of them.

It's f$^&ing sexy as hell if done neatly & understated. End of discussion. Now I wish my hubby hadn't cut his hair off for work
I'd have him bun it and go to town.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Think it's stupid all you want, but when my husband had long hair & bunned it, he got laid more.

How do you know? He told you?!?!?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I am glad you find it sexy. I too have a few things that if I see on a woman, I have very naughty thoughts run through my brain. But being a boring heterosexual man, I just can't seem to embrace the man bun any more than I can embrace the idea of a man wearing a dress. Some like it, I happen to not be one of them. I am not sure if I am supposed to feel shame for feeling that way, but meh, I'll get by some way or another.

Now a monkey smoking a cigar will bring a smile to my face every time. (no idea why)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: network dude

I agree about the man buns as the latest trend looking silly. It's the metrosexual generation. The african american and different cultural man buns do look appropriate to me.

The turkish prison comment you made is interesting. If that's true and not tongue-in-cheek comment i for one would like to see you elaborate on that sometime. Do tell...

Do you mean that time over Macho Grande? I'm afraid I'll never get over Macho Grande.

(see movie Airplane, it's a joke)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Think it's stupid all you want, but when my husband had long hair & bunned it, he got laid more.

In a manner of speaking.

His hair length came after our dating began. You do the dirty imagery here

Edit: to be fair, I guess I could had made it patently clear that we began dating, then he grew his hair long, thus he got laid moar by me when it was in a bun versus down or in a braid. My bad, I suppose.

He did just get a hair cut today, though. I know he hates keeping it short. I suppose some "I'm sorry work wants it short" sex is in order tonight.
edit on 10/7/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Edit: to be fair, I guess I could had made it patently clear that we began dating, then he grew his hair long, thus he got laid moar by me when it was in a bun versus down or in a braid. My bad, I suppose.

No, you were clear. I was just being a wise ass and implying he was getting laid elsewhere because of his bun.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

No, you were clear. I was just being a wise ass and implying he was getting laid elsewhere because of his bun.

ATS Rule Numero Uno:
Augustus is always a smartass, never let your guard down

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

In a manner of speaking.

His hair length came after our dating began. You do the dirty imagery here

He did just get a hair cut today, though. I know he hates keeping it short. I suppose some "I'm sorry work wants it short" sex is in order tonight.

that's the spirit, take one for the team. And I suggest a foot rub and bring him a beer just after you finish.
(men have to stick together)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I must admit to carrying a tactical murse during work...only way I can carry a full frame .45

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join