It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Man Bun. Just no.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
You can even purchase fake "man buns" if you don't have time to grow your hair out

*Although I must saw that when I clicked on this thread I thought I was going to get to see some sexy man's butt, boy was I in for a let down. Don't know why but I saw man buns. LOL

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I agree.

Then I look to old albums (where we keep actual photographs taken by a camera using film) and I see the things I worse in the 60's and 70's and cringe.

Hopefully these man-buns will die off soon.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

PS, here's a quote straight from you.

I have a hard time getting the youngest to realize that other people’s opinions don’t mean #.

link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

wow, I am sorry you feel so offended by this. In reality, I could give a rats ass how stupid folks wish to appear, it's them who have to go through life and eventually, look back and laugh at how funny they looked. I had my share of stupid things I wore in the name of fashion and "fitting in" when I was young and needed that validation.

This is a light hearted rant. I promise, no man buns were harmed in the writing of this post.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Would you still love me if I had a better murse than yours?

You mean a man bag?

link   
went off while I was cleaning it.
edit on 7-10-2016 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: network dude
what's next, the "bro" for your moobs?

So last year.

Did I ever show you mine? I bedazzled the eff out of it.

your bro, or your moobs?

link   

wow, I am sorry you feel so offended by this. In reality, I could give a rats ass how stupid folks wish to appear, it's them who have to go through life and eventually, look back and laugh at how funny they looked. I had my share of stupid things I wore in the name of fashion and "fitting in" when I was young and needed that validation.

This is a light hearted rant. I promise, no man buns were harmed in the writing of this post.

S'okay.

I have tissues in my fanny-pack.

link   

I do believe that you are missing the whole tenor of the times.

Undoubtedly, you have your own "fad" that may be so many decades old that you think that your haircut, boot/shoes, belt buckle style of shirts, etc. were commanded by god. Give the youngsters and some of the oldsters a break and quite being an old fuddy-duddy.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman
You mean a man bag?

No, my man bag is something else.

link   

It's a rant BTW, I am not required to be PC at this point in time.

I'm not asking you to be PC at all. I'm asking WHY do you care so much about another man's hair? That was a real question. I don't get how people are offended by the clothes and hairstyles (and lifestyles, etc) of OTHER people.

Rant on, dude.
edit on 10/7/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

link   

your bro, or your moobs?

Yes.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

PS, here's a quote straight from you.

I have a hard time getting the youngest to realize that other people’s opinions don’t mean #.

I still stand by that. In fact, I am of the opinion that most of what I say is complete and total bull#.
But being that TPTB were nice enough to make this place, I sometimes feel compelled to type stupid things that bring a smile to my face. (for simple folk, sometimes that's all it takes)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

S'okay.

I have tissues in my fanny-pack.

fanny pack. Don't get me started...........

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You apologize for offending, but go further about stupid people and stupid things. Thanks for degrading the true and original cultural hairstyle of Southeast Asia and India.

What's next? Are you going to start rallying at Buddhist Temples just to laugh at the hair of Shakyamuni?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi
I wear my hair long in a bun.

Your man card has been revoked.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

It's a rant BTW, I am not required to be PC at this point in time.

I'm not asking you to be PC at all. I'm asking WHY do you care so much about another man's hair? That was a real question. I don't get how people are offended by the clothes and hairstyles (and lifestyles, etc) of OTHER people.

Rant on, dude.

Have you ever been to a site called ATS and visited the "rant" section. It appears either you haven't or have somehow missed the point of the whole thing.

I suggest you watch episodes of Seinfeld and write the people who made that show, telling them about each and every show that upset you. (getting the point yet?)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
TRIGGER WARNING!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'd bang this guy.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I'd bang this guy.

That's me.