It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Nicole forms east of Hurricane Matthew - Florida may get hit twice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: SaturnFX

I suppose you have Gators to contend with as well" with water everywhere. Or do they retreat in fear?

heh, I live directly on a canal right next to the everglades. gators are my neighbor. they are fine, they eat my bobbers when I am trying to fish, which I find highly annoying.
And in a pinch, they will become a delicious meal..but for now we have enough food.
for now.

actually, I have been feeding a feral cat for awhile. I tossed him in with me for this storm. actually she hasn't complained too much. I suspect she senses something big is coming, so seems okay (normally she mews and isn't much on the whole indoor life)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Thanks for hooking up the little critter......much respect.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
crazy weather

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
In case you want to see the satellite images.

www.ssd.noaa.gov...

with link to more options

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I've heard that Matthew may loop around and hit Florida again. It didn't occur to me that Nicole might be the reason for it.

The possibility that a trough noth of it doesn't pull it out to the NE.

By: Jeff Masters , 3:40 PM GMT on October 05, 2016

Matthew missing getting picked up by the trough to its north this weekend and looping back to potentially punish The Bahamas and Florida next week was worthy of profuse profanity. While a loop back towards Florida and The Bahamas next week is not yet a sure thing, the increasing trend of our top models in that direction is a strong indication that Matthew will be around for a very long time. Long-range forecasts of wind shear are not very reliable, but this morning’s wind shear forecast from the 00Z run of the European model does show a low to moderate shear environment over the Bahamas and waters surrounding South Florida late next week, potentially supportive of a hurricane--if Matthew survives the high wind shear of 50+ knots expected to affect the storm early next week. The bottom line is that it currently appears that Matthew will not recurve out to sea early next week, and The Bahamas and Florida may have to deal with the storm again next week.

www.wunderground.com...

edit on 10/6/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The Fujiwhara effect, sometimes referred to as Fujiwara interaction or binary interaction, is when two nearby cyclonic vortices orbit each other and close the distance between the circulations of their corresponding low-pressure areas.

The effect is named after Sakuhei Fujiwhara, the Japanese meteorologist who initially described the effect. Binary interaction of smaller circulations can cause the development of a larger cyclone, or cause two cyclones to merge into one.

Extratropical cyclones typically engage in binary interaction when within 2,000 kilometres (1,200 mi) of one another, while tropical cyclones typically interact within 1,400 kilometres (870 mi) of each other

Link

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

edit on 6-10-2016 by EchoesInTime because: nm

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

National Hurricane Reporting Center website (www.nhc.noaa.gov/) OFFLINE due to DNS error... REALLY? The most powerful storm in a decade and our government can't even maintain the website in charge of informing the public about these things?
Check this out, just in time for Halloween!:

SOURCE of Creepy Radar Image Hurricane Matthew
edit on 1062016 by seattlerat because: added link

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

The death toll in Haiti as a result of Hurricane Matthew - the most powerful Caribbean storm in a decade - has soared to 283, the government says.
Some 50 people were reported killed in the town of Roche-a-Bateau alone.
The nearby city of Jeremie saw 80% of its buildings levelled. In Sud province 30,000 homes were destroyed.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Nicole is a cat 2 now. It's supposed to drift southward, with the only landfall being Bermuda, might still be interfering with Mathews path.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I also saw over 300 lives lost. Mathew appears to be wobbling east with the eye not skirting up the coast as projected earlier. Still very bad though

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Mstthew may be so catastrophic some locations may be uninhabitable for weeks or even months.
That's awful.
edit on 7-10-2016 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
a reply to: grey580

National Hurricane Reporting Center website (www.nhc.noaa.gov/) OFFLINE due to DNS error... REALLY? The most powerful storm in a decade and our government can't even maintain the website in charge of informing the public about these things?
Check this out, just in time for Halloween!:

SOURCE of Creepy Radar Image Hurricane Matthew

That's really creepy!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Please see the predicted path of this fish storm...from the storm details in the link...I see no danger to Florida
www.wunderground.com...
edit on Fri Oct 7 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed BB code

More likely:

Along the way, though, Matthew may draw close enough to Hurricane Nicole to force the two storms to rotate around a common center—something known as the Fujiwhara effect. This behavior can occur when two storms get within 800 miles of each other. This potential interaction with Nicole on Sunday and Monday makes the 3 - 5 day forecast for Matthew’s track of higher uncertainty than usual-though if anything, it is most likely to reinforce the expected northward track of Nicole and southward track of Matthew.

www.wunderground.com...
edit on Fri Oct 7 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join