It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Mom Throws A Fit When Her Daughter Learns About Islam In School

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

the abuse stems from forcing people to follow a particular path, it's abusing if one is forced into a burka, but it can be a statement of faith when it's done of one's own will.
in western cultures you will find women that you will never ever see in public in a pair of slacks. they just feel that it's morally inappropriate clothing for a women. no one is forcing them into this position, they have chosen it. is it abusive for us to allow them to follow their own version of what is moral and what isn't?
although, I do believe that the christian religion also steps over the line, like when they encounter a women who is a victim of spousal abuse and they insist that god would want her to remain in a dangerous situation.... which does happen!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If we embrace the SJW lifestyle it should be pointed out how offensive the word "retard
' is. Thank you for playing the game of life.a reply to: Hazardous1408

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Wow trolled by your own mother. How embarrassing for the seventh grader who has to go to that school.

Sure I'll wear that white hood. For GOD AND COUNTRY...

Oh boy.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
People, dont fall for the bigot baiting. One woman out of how many?

Wheres the threads about saudi arabia , or hindus killing muslims, or muslins being intollerant of gays, or any of a multitude inter racial/religious issues going on worldwide?

This bigot baiting trend of Americans is solely to push an agenda.

Shameful.

I guess one thread at a time. There's sure enough hate in the world to go around. Huh?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Teaching about religion is for churches and Mosques it has no place in our schools.

I taught my son to treat everyone equally and respectful.

I will teach my new grandson to hate Islam.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Religion of any stripe has no business in a public school classroom.

The same is true for partisan politics.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111

I will teach my new grandson to hate ____.

Forget Islam for a second, and read that sentence.

You're definitely not a brainwasher.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I love how the same posters that jump into every thread about Christianity and it's history on ATS just to troll/bash it show up in this thread to defend teaching Muslim history in US schools.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: goou111
I will teach my new grandson to hate [...]

God bless America.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

No, you have it wrong there.

It is not permitted to preach religion in schools. That would be a violation of the secular separation of Church and State. However, educating a young person in a broad and comprehensive manner, which should be something that all parents who have ever lived desire for their young, requires that a child learn about the various cultures, religions and philosophies which exist on this world. Therefore, teaching a person about the history, basic outline of, and practice of Islam is no different than teaching a person about Buddhism, or Hinduism, Sikhism, Christianity or Judaism, in that there is no preaching occurring, only teaching.

Frankly, the reaction this woman had is blown WAY out of all proportion to what actually happened, and would be impossible if she her self was a properly educated person. As it is, her child probably has more raw intellect and information than she does, and I hope so, because to judge from this womans reaction to the content of a lesson in school, you have to assume that when her daughter asks her to help her with serious life issues, that the answers she is going to get are going to be somewhere between utterly bloody useless, and pants on head retarded.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Why is that? There are plenty of American Muslims happily learning about the history of Christianity in American public schools.

And no one threw a fit . Best you read below if you think the shoe wont fit the other foot .

www.thepoliticalinsider.com...

That's not the same thing as in the OP. Celebrating Christmas is honoring a religion. The example in the OP is teaching a religion's history.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

No we don't all know your crazy beliefs about a religion.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Then get the hell off my planet and stop poisoning the human race with your phobic, mindless dross. I am sick and tired of people who clearly have all the intellect of a packet of malformed nails, choosing to destroy the minds of the young, rather than let them grow in compassion, and by so doing heal this broken world.

Your attitude is as much of a cancer to the human species as is the behaviour of terrorist groups the world over, and you should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

This is what you get when people are poorly educated, :

Being taught Islam makes you highly educated? How about those who don't give a damn about religion? Are they poorly educated?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I love how the same posters that jump into every thread about Christianity and it's history on ATS just to troll/bash it show up in this thread to defend teaching Muslim history in US schools.

I love how you don't understand the nuance of people being mad at Christians trying to get schools to actually TEACH their religion versus teaching the religion's history. Because of course you don't. That would require you to actually attempt to learn something about the situation instead of doing a useless drive by post.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Are you all really this frickin' dense!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: surnamename57

originally posted by: jamespond

This is what you get when people are poorly educated, :

Being taught Islam makes you highly educated? How about those who don't give a damn about religion? Are they poorly educated?

What's wrong with knowing history?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Got it... teaching about a religion is ok as long as you approve it..

So much for separation of church and state... Teaching young impressionable teens/pre-teens about a religion (any religion) does influence the way they think even if its not being "pushed" overtly.

The state has no business promoting any religion... teaching it in school is a form of govt promotion.

ETA: or do you think all teachers are capable of teaching without inputting their personal opinions?

ETA: I have no problem with a generic religious class that does not focus on any one in particular.

You understood nothing I typed didn't you?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Then get the hell off my planet and stop poisoning the human race with your phobic, mindless dross. I am sick and tired of people who clearly have all the intellect of a packet of malformed nails, choosing to destroy the minds of the young, rather than let them grow in compassion, and by so doing heal this broken world.

Your attitude is as much of a cancer to the human species as is the behaviour of terrorist groups the world over, and you should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

Blah blah blah. You get the hell off my planet. Who the hell is the racist bigot here? Oh yeah its just gay people you dont like.
edit on 6-10-2016 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The real history or the spiritual one?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join