It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Mom Throws A Fit When Her Daughter Learns About Islam In School

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111

That would be you matey.

See, I want the bigots off my planet, where their hate cannot affect anything I care about. Thats a healthy attitude to take. Yours is the sort of mindset that sets jackboots thumping across squares, and pushes the myriad corpses of innocent people into massive pits for burning.

Also, great cheap shot there, but repeating the lies someone else once told, does not make them truths no matter how often you spout them. It is not true that I hate homosexuals, but it is absolutely the case that you hate people who hold a certain religious conviction, and that makes you the problem, not me matey. Use whatever deflection you like, it does not change a thing. You are the problem. People who think the way you think about the issues in the world today, who are prepared to be divided against their fellow man, rather than throw off the hate program you are all being fed, you are the problem, and you need to stop.
edit on 6-10-2016 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

I will teach my new grandson to hate ____.

Forget Islam for a second, and read that sentence.

You're definitely not a brainwasher.

Like Muslims aren't bred to hate Jews.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: surnamename57
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The real history or the spiritual one?

Real history. That is what is being taught. The history of how Islam became a religion and how it effected cultures around the world. How its beliefs developed as well as spread across the planet. What is wrong with knowing these things? Because that is the type of stuff that was taught in that class about Islam.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

This is a bigoted comment. I know many Muslims that don't hate Jews. Hell the Muslim owned company I work for has dealings directly with an Israeli company. Please get your hatred out of my thread.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

What you are talking about is called culture, not religion. Religion is strictly Quran or for that matter Bible.
edit on 6 10 2016 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I don't hate Jews.

No Muslim I know hates Jews.

They may be opposed to Zionism, but Jew hatred is just a meme.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Irishhaf
For years I have been told that we cannot teach religion in school... so how come now a days its ok to teach Islam?

Teaching the history and significance of a religion isn't actually teaching the religion. The schools aren't forcing them to worship and believe it. Only understand what it is and where it came from.

If you want to teach about another culture sure... fine no problem from me.. but for 20+ years liberals have been saying you cannot push teach or have anything to do with religion in schools because it violates separation of church and state..

So which is it... no religion in schools or not?

Yeah... No. You completely don't understand what is going on. There is a BIIIIIIIG difference between Christians trying to implement Christian beliefs versus actually teaching ABOUT a religion.

Jesus Christ progressives have no idea who or what they are dealing with...
-------------
Let me draw on a parable for my point:
A scorpion asks a frog to carry it across a river. The frog hesitates, afraid of being stung, but the scorpion argues that if it did so, they would both drown.
Considering this, the frog agrees, but midway across the river the scorpion does indeed sting the frog, dooming them both.
When the frog asks the scorpion why, the scorpion replies "because I am a scorpion".
-----------

What do you think the Islamists will do when they have power of governance?
I will tell you because I've seen it:
You will be made to bow on your knees five times a day and worship a magic moon God whose ethos is bereft of humanity...
And when you look around for the people who decried this foul religion you will find we are gone…
Marginalized and demonized we opponents of Islamism will be extinct for having called a scorpion, a scorpion...

-Chris

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: surnamename57

What you are talking about is called culture, not religion.

Yes. That is what is being taught, yet the lady in the OP flipped a gasket and thought that her daughter was actually being PREACHED the religion (I made sure I pointed that distinction out in the OP; even put it in bold). This is why she's a triggered idiot.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

You know. I think I'll take the opinion of my Muslim co-workers over your deluded opinion.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Oh!

An appeal to fear from someone who is afraid of Islam! Thank goodness not all western folk are as weak as you have just made yourself appear Christosterone. We would have been murdered and starved by now if we were!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

This is a bigoted comment. I know many Muslims that don't hate Jews. Hell the Muslim owned company I work for has dealings directly with an Israeli company. Please get your hatred out of my thread.

I am allowed to hate a religion. Btw I hate all religions. But I really really really hate Islam.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You know. I think I'll take the opinion of my Muslim co-workers over your deluded opinion.

Your co-workers?

I'm not referencing your coworkers…
I'm referencing nation-states who operate under the umbrella of sharia law...

If you have not spent time in a sharia society then you have no valid context because it is only when the right to rule is given the scorpion will show you he is the scorpion…

Edit:
It stands to reason many kind and good people lived under the rule of Inquisition Era Spain...
Does that mean the Inquistions were any less barbaric??

-Chris
edit on 6-10-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Teaching about religion is for churches and Mosques it has no place in our schools.

I taught my son to treat everyone equally and respectful.

I will teach my new grandson to hate Islam.

yay, we got grannies teaching kids hate.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

but.....
the schools also teach the concepts that are held in our constitution including the idea of freedom of religion and separation of church and state... which would prohibit the gov't from forcing me to bow on my knees even one time a year and worship any magic God whose regardless of their ethos.

guess some people missed those lessons while in school...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Religion is a part of history.

I think that children need to study history including the religious aspects of history.

I think that people should learn about the Crusades and also how Islam was spread through the sword. They need to understand that when Mohammad died that the two major factions of Islam were created through bloodshed over the succession of the leader of Islam.

I think that children should learn of the crusades both Islamic and Christian and how much violence was brought on the world by religion

Religion can be a beautiful thing but some people use it as a tool for violence.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Well this nation DOESN'T operate under Sharia law. We have the Constitution to prevent that. And even then, Muslims make up 1% of the nation. Christians would over take the country under biblical law before Muslims overtook it for Sharia law. But of course you refuse to admit that because you are a Christian who'd like to see that actually happen.

If you have not spent time in a sharia society then you have no valid context because it is only when the right to rule is given the scorpion will show you his the scorpion…

Lol. Says the guy who likely hasn't talked to a real Muslim in a LOOOOONG time.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

How about choosing a different set of words, the same as Obama Administration does for the Islamic terrorism?

link   

I am allowed to hate a religion. Btw I hate all religions. But I really really really hate Islam.

You are a sad, sad individual... I don't like Christianity and I'm not too fond of Islam either, but I don't hate the people who worship it.

link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

but.....
the schools also teach the concepts that are held in our constitution including the idea of freedom of religion and separation of church and state... which would prohibit the gov't from forcing me to bow on my knees even one time a year and worship any magic God whose regardless of their ethos.

guess some people missed those lessons while in school...

How are progressives so ignorant of current events?
Heck, this isnt even current...
It's from three years ago but will elucidate the direction of the progressive movement in America..
google "sharia in Dearborn" --I can't get the link to work

Keep telling yourself progressives aren't surrendering to a Stone Age "religion"...

-Chris
edit on 6-10-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Because islam is a cult silly
time to wake up young man.....read the quran, please tis a cult from the the lowly level of no brain function....and also it's really unencumbered by the thought process

a mad man speeled some random azz thoughts out and the catholic ran with it.

did you know none of the teachings of Moses or the sayings of Jesus are to be overridden in the quran.....

a reply to: hutch622

Why is that? There are plenty of American Muslims happily learning about the history of Christianity in American public schools.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join