It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia deploys advanced anti-missile system to Syria for first time, US officials say

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Russia has deployed an advanced anti-missile system to Syria for the first time, three US officials tell Fox News, the latest indication that Moscow continues to ramp up its military operations in Syria in support of President Bashar al-Assad.
LINK

Actions speak louder than words. We've definitely got the requisite words from both the U.S. and Russia:

Moscow: Washington sabotaged Syria ceasefire, US responsible for any new terror attacks

'Russia will continue to send troops home in body bags': US to Moscow (over Syria)

Now the requisite actions seem to be falling into place.

US Calls Off Talks With Russia Over Syria

Denial seems to be the easiest choice in this matter. I expect the typical, "What sources?" questions in this thread.

I feel WW3 in the air myself.
edit on 3-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I concur, there's an awful lot if posturing and anti missle systems are contentious in every theater.

We are at the very least fast approacing the point of no return.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Glad to see Russia dedicated to keeping the biggest terrorist out of Syria.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

And who's that?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
All of this for the egotistical, narcissism of but a few men.

This is just hopeless. The people are being dragged along, unwillingly (no common man wants war, they're forced to accept it) into the world ending event.

I honestly can't fathom why people keep downplaying this. It looks like we're about to end our world, and for what? The ego of Obama? Some rich mans 'asset' in a foreign country, put there so his family can stay rich? What is this coming to, in the end?

War literally IS a rich mans game, where the common man is used as a pawn for the interests at the top. It sickens me on levels I can't comprehend, I can't articulate the vulgarity I hold for war in my soul. But here we are, in 2016, staring down the barrel of a full blown nuclear war, AND FOR WHAT!!!!? NOTHING...... LITERALLY NOTHING.

America you are Babylon, you will be destroyed and you'll take the rest of us with you. If these tensions aren't reduced I guess we'll just have to wait for the flash of light.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The part left out is Russia attacking civilians in Aleppo.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
the advanced anti-missile system of Russia is to protect their fighter planes & bombers from the US anti aircraft missiles/man-pads

too bad the USA is on the evil side-of-the-situation.... giving ground cover to ISIS & other combined terrorists (paid mercenaries)

... --> well... the Muslim fighters still in the ME who have not yet been transported to either Europe or the USA as 'payment' for being a Proxy Army of Terrorists the USAs shadow government deploy/arm/train for regional upheavals to eventually access the stricken Nations' gold vaults and slyly ship to NYC or Fed Reserve vaults.... (from what I hear)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well, looks like Russians were waiting for a second chance and not planning to retreat and cool down this time. China eating pop corn now.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

This is what we are bombing...to SAVE. Theres nothing left to save of downtown Aleppo Syria. And soldiers of all nations are dying for THIS? Most of the citizens already...nothing is left....

People need to search these and other photos like this...what is WAR for? Nobody wins. No-one...
edit on 3-10-2016 by mysterioustranger because: add

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

The following quote by Paul Craig Roberts explains why Syria is a red line in the sand for Russia as far as I know (quoting from the video below starting at about 18:30):

"And so Washington's policy is to remove secular leaders so that the whole Middle East goes into chaos of sectarian conflict, the Shia and the Sunnis. And if the whole Middle East is in sectarian conflict, there's nobody to get in Israel's way. And this conflict, this jihadism can be spread into Iran, and the same thing achieved there. And then it can be spread into the Muslim areas of the Russian Federation and into the Muslim province of China, the province that borders Kyrgyzstan. And so this is Washington's policy for destabilizing Iran, Russia, and China."

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

I dare say that even in the decades after WWII, your country would have been destroyed by the Red menace had it not been for....

Personally, I don't condone war usually, and this thing in Syria is the pits. So a solution for me would be for the US to stop protecting the major parts of the world's ass--which includes the UK as much as anybody, and let the bad guys win over a few other countries so we can be appreciated again.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Hey Thanks Prof: Its sad so many wars and conflicts kill so many innocents for the "good" of some "worthy" cause.

THAT I learn from Viet Nam."Hey Folks!? Be the first one on your block! To have your kid sent home in a box!"-Country Joe McDonald

Agendas. Always some stupid, God forsaken agenda that decimate people, citys, lives.....

War IS hell......thanks Profusion

MS

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

There's something really wrong with this picture that has me perplexed. Consider the following quote (which I believe is true).

“The root cause of this conflict in Syria ravaging the country is due to mainly speaking this imposed terrorist war on the Syrians, governments and people as well. And this imposed terrorist war is backed by the western countries as well as Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia" al-Jaafari said.
SOURCE

At the end of the day, Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and all the terrorists groups supported by the United States are on the side of Israel (if you really understand what's happening here in my opinion). How can they be that stupid and blind?

I can completely understand Russia drawing a line in the sand in Syria. I can understand the motives of the United States in Syria (as perverse as they are). But there seems to be a lot going on that defies explanation at least to me.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is a defensive system, correct?

How dare they defend themselves and their interests against the saber-rattling democrats who recently threatened a milotary response to unproven hacking allegations!
edit on 3-10-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

And if the whole Middle East is in sectarian conflict, there's nobody to get in Israel's way.

^^IThe former employee at US National Security Agency (NSA), Edward Snowden, has revealed that the British and American intelligence and the Mossad worked together to create the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).
Snowden said intelligence services of three countries created a terrorist organisation that is able to attract all extremists of the world to one place, using a strategy called “the hornet’s nest”.
NSA documents refer to recent implementation of the hornet’s nest to protect the Zionist entity by creating religious and Islamic slogans.
According to documents released by Snowden, “The only solution for the protection of the Jewish state “is to create an enemy near its borders”.
Leaks revealed that ISIS leader and cleric Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi took intensive military training for a whole year in the hands of Mossad, besides courses in theology and the art of speech.. have heard this be referred to as Operation Hornet's Nest.

edit on 3-10-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Would be interesting to see an American or Israeli aircraft get shot out of the sky.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I think the Russian kid is sick of having his lunch stolen. Things are ominous right now, and maybe its for the best,we are in for a big change in many ways of how we live now. Next 3 months,hold on to your hat,I'm bolting mine on.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Thank you Russia for actually fighting the terrorists. Regardless of what label the Salafists give themselves.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I still want to know what happened to the gold that used to belong to Ukraine.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If I were Russia that is exactly what I would have done. I would darn sure protect my bases and the airspace of Syria.

There are rumors about MANPADS being supplied to the rebels to shoot down Russian aircraft so it makes sense if the Russian's can't fly then no one else will either..

I am so thankful I am not now special forces or flying attack missions for the USA coalition for I would never have gone in the first place and would be spending my days in Leavenworth which is not a very nice prison.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join