It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Knew What We Do, You Will Never Sleep Again - NASA Director

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

the key to the universe lies in orions belt...

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Sounds like you hit the nail on the head.

If we're going to parse words, his phrase " Because we are never going to discover aliens. They are going to discover us." can also be read to mean it's already happened. Continue onto the "it won't be pretty" and again from anecdotal reports it hasn't been. Altho it's probably worse than we already think it is.

I can easily see how this could have been part of a longer interview and he was frustrated. I also don't think he would have been speaking for Nasa, but very easily just been speaking his mind in the heat of the moment. Most of us aren't spokesmen for our employer 24/7 and I can't see how he can be expected to be either.

While like everyone else I don't know if this is a internet fabrication, or something the man said, but does seem not outside the realm of possibility. Everyone has lapses and occasionally says things they wish they hadn't of.In my mind the longer it isn't denied by him as fraud the more probable it is.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

originally posted by: butcherguy
If it is accurate and not tongue in cheek, we will have to suppose that they have some sort of evidence that advanced alien civilizations have been visiting our solar system in the past?

You could try reading the account of aliens in Ezekiel, in the holy bible, I like the sentence where he write ' and they ascended to heaven on a pillar of fire' remind you of anything?

Or how about the two tall beings that walked out of Abrahams tent, and went to warn Lot and his family to pack up and leave. Those tall beings were attractive to the gay men in the city. The men of the city demanded to have sex with them. The beings drew out an advanced light based weapon and used it on the crowd. The crowd was temporarily blinded. A few hours later they were all dead anyway.
So the question is: Where did the tall guys come from before they entered Abrahams tent? A saucer?
Angel means messenger. The messengers are not from here. They are alien

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Odd dialect if not a hoax...
Thinks didn't they already find?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: 0bserver1

the key to the universe lies in orions belt...

Agent J: Orions belt....*looks at cat*

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It's a hoax.

There are no non-terrestrials coming here. Ever. Any 'sentient' life is extremely sparse in the galaxy, to the tune of one sentient life form per 10 galaxies (we're lucky being one).

And that life is 'stuck' on their planet.

In addition, due to the expansion of space-time, we are limited to those galaxies and satellites that are gravitationally bound - the 'Local Group'. People talk about inevitability of the "Universe" having space-faring sentient life forms. But the "Universe" is of no concern, no impact, and might as well not exist. "It" is moving away from us at ever-increasing speed.

Any time an "agency spokesperson" talks about 'stuff you can only dream of', or 'scary stuff from other civs' you can take it to the bank they're lying or a hoax and laughing at the gullible. They know nothing, and, there's nothing to know.

Be concerned about Earth and the limited time we have here and try to preserve that. We are alone in a very real sense.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

Cool story how do you know all this?.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I have always suspected NASA knows a whole lot more they they are telling. They just want to be able to call all the shots. They are already here and I think NASA already knows this. They may not be aliens in the general sense either. Could be from a parallel universe.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's not Europa I'm CURIOUS about.

It's the moon TITAN. Under the Ice on Titan...

WHAT is floating around down there...

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7
Any 'sentient' life is extremely sparse in the galaxy, to the tune of one sentient life form per 10 galaxies (we're lucky being one).

So we're just totally making up statistics now, are we?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Even if this was true, which I don't for a second believe it is, why would it be cause for mass hysteria?

I mean, I don't think anyone's under the illusion they have any chance of leaving this existence alive... We all have our day eventually and its rarely ever a pleasant experience, right?

To be honest, going out in a blink of an eye from a "white flash" by some vindictive extraterrestrials, would easily have to make my top 10 list of ways I'd prefer to go, if given the choice .... just sayin.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Internal Universal Inhabitants scan-
Seems the more advanced type civilizations master technologies that extend their life cycles somewhat avoiding direct death with transfer - hop - switch body forms technology. And they don't require primitive behaviors of search and salvage... anymore...

Those excelling their technologies related to biological extending who my be lower level types but above type 2 civilizations would possess technologies to yes seek out planetoid and moons - nebula & stars for fuel, mineral resource integrity. Most would harvest off of non active zones, remaining hidden from their potential adversaries.
As opposed to say they harvested on active inhabited zones where wars could start with natives of said locations, that could alert their adversaries of their presence. Which causes resources used to fight war and losses taken from wars. Which to an advanced intelligence should seem wasteful?

However lower primitive type civilizations near type 0 yes they may be LEARNING of the losses a civilization may take when engaging in wars why seeking to advance inside? And these lower forms in their learning phases of seeking truth and eternal understanding of themselves may sadly carry out atrocious activities and behaviors on other lower type civilizations and or trapped higher civilization explorers - knowledge bringers - observers, for reasons of their own to survive. In the lower realms.
So 1 thinks it is possible there exists some malevolent who act like pirates why others seek to pull others up out of their grasp (that's Love right?) into higher type standards of existence as some may have done for them helping them reach higher type civilization levels beyond illogical pain distribution upon others.

So to simplify be optimistic whatever may occur.
Some may be thinking responds may be like little ants taking the entire planet to war and winning (impossible it seems!) but what if the ants gained a collective frequency advantage with others to work as one and decide to eat all the planets flora supply at specific timed sequences?
Leaving no food for those at war with. There is a conspiracy of feeding sadness fear to? With hate attack tactics generated. But there is also LOVE?

NAMASTE*******
edit on 10/2/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Adolescent bunch of control freaks, that what those folks are. The loss of control is what ruins their sleep, not the presence of multiverses, dark matter or some adults in our galaxy.

Yes of course! Anyone would get rid of all those kiddos in the sandbox, who claim to be actual emperors. This Brave New Oligarchy is already a disgrace for every decent human being, someone should come along to slap them in the face a few times. Heck, I'd throw a hell of a party if they do! While those NASAirbrushers fear their known unknowns, the majority of this race has real issues concerning poverty and plain hunger games.

Counting sheep again? Try to get some sleep with an empty stomach, Paul!

Anyway. Looks like Delonges Sekret Machines franchise holds some merit after all, doesn't it? Thanks for the thread!

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
the chances are we were not the first sentient beings in this solar system never mind the galaxy, to many of us humans really do think we are that special but...

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
It's not Europa I'm CURIOUS about.

It's the moon TITAN. Under the Ice on Titan...

WHAT is floating around down there...

Bug chunks of gas filled ice
. And
inverted caverns that are like pockets facing inwards
And oh, that's classified

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
faaaaaaakkkkkkeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
a nasa scientist would never say that
and besides ufos arent extraterrestrial

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
May I enquire as to whether those posters who have emailed NASA have had any reply, whether there has been any confirmation link found online, or whether ATS' very own Mr. Oberg would like to pass comment on the validity of the statement?

Knowing something of the topic, government agencies - and government-funded agencies - are incredibly, incredibly careful about what is put into the media / public sphere. This statement seems incredibly unlikely to be accurate. Unless this was a breakdown on the part of Mr. Hertz...

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Love it how people know for sure what aliens are or are not.
Can you explain yourselves? why do you say things with so much certainty?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I've long said: when/if advanced intelligent life arrives, we'll be like the various primitive peoples when the Europeans showed up.

We have mud huts. They'll have ships, guns, and chains. If we're lucky they'll be benevolent and have mercy on us, maybe even enlighten us. If they're not so peaceful, we might be able to mount a spirited defense with our rocks and spears, but ultimately we won't stand a chance.

Indeed, God help us.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

Regardless of whether this is released by the man himself, the points made here are interesting anyway.

The only thing that remotely makes this interesting is that Paul Herz is purported to have said it. Otherwise it can be attributed to just anybody, such as the answer here that it is all explained in Orion's Belt--total nonsense. The fact is, it is HIGHLY unlikely Paul Herz said this, so if he did a source is necessary.

Why? because no one with any stature at NASA would talk like this. They would not chastise the audience nor suggest they possessed secrets that would scare the public. They certainly wouldn't use profanity--ever. If you will remember, the one time someone associated with NASA used a profane word (Apollo 13, certainly understandable) he was made to apologize profusely. If anyone from NASA did use a tone like this, irrespective of the content, they'd be out on their ear in a heartbeat. Further, anything remotely like this would not come through NASA, but would be diverted through the office of the POTUS. That's how the politics of the government hierarchy works. You'd know this if you were even the recipient of a lowly grant. The announcement always goes to the politician.

Sure, the issues are worth discussing, but let's not pretend the statement came from NASA or a NASA official.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join