It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sad casualty of guns and stupid people in America

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

Germany is 19 times smaller and has 82 Million people, we have guns, too. That makes us about 5 times more crowded than the USA. Yet statistics show that our way of handling gun´s is much more safe. Again, police in germany fired 40 rounds in 2015. Your argument is invalid.

I´m not pushing anything, I just want to show how it can be done and people still can keep their firearms.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

we should be executing people who commit murder, especially against children. but Europeans told us the death penalty is barbaric so we just release them after a couple decades.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

What do you mean only criminals and some police have guns in the UK? There are over 2 million privately owned and licensed guns in the UK. I own 3 myself ( a .243 rifle for deer, a .308 for F-class target rifle and a 12ga O/U for clays.)

More people take part in shooting sports in the UK than recreational fishing. The British shooting community are just not as vocal as our American cousins as the use ownership of firearms for self defence on the mainland is illegal, but we're still out there.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Yes. I should have clarified. Thanks for mentioning...and starting this thread topic. It opens us up to discussion, which is important.

Thanks Again

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

well we are not spread homogeneously over the entire landmass, we have 300 million plus guns ~11000 deaths not relating to suicide a year. do that math and tell me we have a problem. its sad when people die but we dont have an epidemic. most of our gun deaths come from probably 20 small segments of chicago, philly, detroit, st. louis etc.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Just a last word before my beer break.

YOU gun owners should be the ones to speak up about this, YOU should acknowledge there is a problem, YOU should demand somthing to be done, you are the wise ones, it is your 2nd amendment who is at play, it is your children.

Instead you do nothing but hide behind the amendment, like cowards...

Think about that, just for a second...
edit on 1-10-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
Just a last word before my beer break.

YOU gun owners should be the ones to speak up about this, YOU should acknowledge there is a problem, YOU should demand somthing to be done, you are the wise ones, it is your 2nd amendment who is at play, it is your children.

Instead you do nothing but hide behind the amendment, like cowards...

Think about that, just for a second...

I'm all for the death penalty for anyone committing a crime with a firearm.

Are you?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

i would imagine most gun owners are in support of the death penalty. i wonder if there is a statistic about that?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
You don't mind speed limits to reduce car accidents...Do you?

That depends. Most of the people supporting strict gun control probably wouldn't be too happy with a national speed limit of 20mph, either, even though it would save a high percentage of the tens of thousands of lives lost in traffic accidents each year. The general public has made the collective decision that 30,000+ traffic fatalities per year are acceptable in light of their own convenience.

In the end, whether its in regards to speed limits, gun laws or whatever, its a matter of balancing freedom with risk.

Meanwhile, we live in a society with about 200,000 yearly injury-related fatalities from all sources. Does the public as a whole care about any of them? Not a damn bit, except those that are firearms-related. The reason? Because this is really all about politics.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

It would be interesting to see.

It seems though, we are the easy targets, the "low hanging fruit" of the anti-gun crowd.

It's easier to simply deny rights and freedoms than face the fact that our justice system has failed.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The people that are so willing to deny gun rights are those that also see no problem denying rights to speech or free expression.
edit on 1-10-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
We also have cities where millions live, yet there are almost no gun crimes (because I can´t say 0). We can have guns. So ask yourself, why is that? There certainly has to be a reason.

We are also not spread homogeneously over the entire landmass. It´s clear as day that in the USA gun violence IS a problem. If you deny that, you´re not doing any good for yourself. You can blindly state that a thousand times but you can´t deny it.

If you want to own a gun in Germany, you have to train 12x over the course of 1 year. After that and a small exam about gun safety you can own a gun or several. That´s once in a month where you go to the range. It makes sure you know how to handle a gun. You need a gunsafe that is certified for storing guns (so the argument that a safe is easy to get in, don´t even make it), if you want to store them at home.

That´s the main difference between Germany and USA. Don´t get me wrong, you have a historical reason to own guns and I´m not arguing for banning guns, but training the people that want to get one. It should be in compliance with your adament.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Germany also has 25% more police per capita so maybe that helps. I wouldnt mind free training or range time for people. how is our gun violence problem clear as day? that is emotional reasoning. Again a fraction of 1 percent is not a systemic problem and it is impossible to bring it to 0. we have many more crowded cities with millions as well. 99% of gun violence is gang/drug related and affects those in the drug/gang community and unfortunately the people who live around them.

we have people walking the streets with harry potter length criminal records. they are the main offenders.
edit on 1-10-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
You just have to go on youtube and see how many people draw their gun into other faces because of an argument. That´s the argument winner when you have no options left, pull a gun.

Since you edited after I posted:
And what could be the reason for all the criminals having guns? Easy gun access.
edit on 1-10-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

i can also go on youtube and see thousands of brits and ruskies running around like mongols beating people with steel chairs and bottles over soccer but i don't think thats the norm of the countires.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
But I see, you completely ignored the idea I gave to you. It´s always the same. there is not really an argument against propper training. At the end of your 12 month cycle when you do the exam, it´s pretty clear what kind of person you are.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

black market guns, mexican cartels bring drugs and guns. they aren't getting them at cabelas. i dont know how to get a black market gun so i cant tell ya honestly.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

please enlighten me as to what kind of person i am. lol. dont come to america problem, solved. you can get you culture through youtube. also i said i am for training so i will; make a brash evaluation of your person as a sensitive emotional, non critical thinker.
edit on 1-10-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Denoli

a reply to: Denoli

And I answered you.

You refuse to accept the fact that you want to remove rights and freedoms.

No just scrap the second !

But hey as long as YOU are ok , screw everyone else ! Right ?

You want to remove my rights and freedoms but claim you don't want to remove my rights and freedoms.

Please make up your mind.

No just the right to bear arms !

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

a reply to: Denoli

And I answered you.

You refuse to accept the fact that you want to remove rights and freedoms.

No just scrap the second !

But hey as long as YOU are ok , screw everyone else ! Right ?

You want to remove my rights and freedoms but claim you don't want to remove my rights and freedoms.

Please make up your mind.

No just the right to bear arms !

At least you're honest.

Uh, no.

I will not give up that right.

Nor will I give up any other right you find offensive.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join