It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sad casualty of guns and stupid people in America

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

DId you know that before tools existed, people still died?? Who would have though. The way people like you market the way people die, and focus on a single tool, you would have us all believe Earth and the human race was this wonderful utopian playground where noone got injured or killed. But then those pesky guns were invented, and the human race has never been the same again ... or wait, we are exactly the same as we have been.

Children get hurt and DIE in this world. Guess what, if 200 kids did not die by firearms this year, thousands will still have died in automobile accidents and drownings. Got any outrage there?

The solution to your question on how to address the 3000 kids who are shot annually that make up about half of one hundredth of a percent of the 73,000,000 children in the USA in 2016 is to just get over it. When you actually look at the problem, it is so insignificant and uncommon it is a non issue. Everyone of those are just the anomaly that unfortunately makes up the nature of the human race.

The fact that media, and people such as yourself are trying to exaggerate the severity of gun injuries which affect about half of one hundredth of a percent of the children in the USA goes to show an attempt to appeal to emotion to manipulate ignorant people to call for stricter gun laws.

Every single persons child here is statistically safer with their parent carrying a gun on their persons with them, than when their child is with them at a body of water deeper than the child is tall, or even when you take the child ANYWHERE in your automobile. The children are literally safer around guns than a body of water or an automobile even without their parent present based on statistics alone, which is what everyone tries to use to demonize guns.

So the only solution then to your fabricated declaration of some epidemic is to just get over it.
edit on 10-1-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Something that strikes me as odd, why is it recent cop shootings involve 1 cop hittin the guy with a taser then the next cop follows up witha bullet? .. Thought the idea of a taser was to illuminate the lethal force option? Not tag em up and slow em down for a kill shot!

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnite247

You thought incorrectly.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Denoli

Again, if you can guarantee that I will never, ever need one, if you can assure me that no one will ever harm me or my family, if you can assure me that I will never have to go hunting, if my government never will get out of hand. . . .

If you can somehow convince me that I will never "want" one just because I like Navy Colts and the "cowboy" rigs. . .

Then by all means, please negate freedoms.

Paranoid ?

Common sense isn't paranoia.

You really don't have a leg to stand on in this discussion. You've failed to actually provide substance for your argument other than "get er # together murka"

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Bee stings are the largest killer of humans in the U.S. directly caused by animals. An allergic reaction to the venom is bee's kills 53 people per year.

I guess we better go ahead and get rid of those bees...oh wait we really are doing that (sadly) *cough cough monsanto*

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Why does it seem that its the UK and EU folks who have the storngest opinions on this matter? I mean, im happy to let anyone have an opinion and speak it freely. I really am, and don't want to deny that here. But at the same time, you'll excuse me for ignoring your opinion as 100% irrelevant.

While Im at it, ill also ignore anyone who says "the US" as if it were a single place. The only thing I share with people on the east coast, west coast, or northern plains is currency, a government, and the fact that we are human. And if we were being honest, I don't like the way most of them vote anyway, and typically can't stand the government they give me. So its not like "the US" really defines much beyond borders. This is a big, big place. And, as an example, in my place there hasn't been a shooting or murder in years. Compared to the bloodbath in Chitown.

No, im not doing anything wrong. And it'll be a bad day for anyone who feels they need to come and say different. So ya'll make all the gun laws you want. Hell, pass a law requiring men to wear a pink dress for all I care. They'll both be given the same attention.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
For the last year and a half, since I got my CPL, every time I walk out the door I grab my keys, my wallet and my pistol. It goes in my holster and has never been a problem to anyone. Numerous times I have gone to the rifle range with my daughters and shot targets, usually a steel gong and had a great time. Just two weeks ago my 15 year old went hunting and brought home a nice big doe that's going to feed my family half of the winter. She uses an SKS which is a dreaded "assault weapon," funny thing is she only loads one cartridge in it when she hunts. That's all she needs to get an deer. Why does she use it? She uses it because it's the one and only rifle I've ever purchased and I don't feel the need to buy another. As someone said earlier this is a big country and what works in northern Michigan obviously wouldn't work in Chicago, DC, or New York. My kids respect the firearms, they've learned how to use them, they do not have access to them because I do keep them locked up when they are not being used or on my person. I pretty much expect it to be this way the rest of my days. It's not the guns that should be feared, it's the people that get their hands on them with ill intent. I have no idea how you can legislate that away.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnite247

the problem is each individual officer has their weapon of choice drawn already. There are alot of officers that are just cowards with a gun. Thats who is shooting when one of them deploys the taser. Because the coward is so scared they automatically pull the trigger when they hear the taser out of fear, thinking it was something else. Its a reflex thing.

There should be policies in place that when an officer has reached for the taser, the backup should keep their finger off the trigger. It only takes a fraction of a second to move towards the trigger if the threat becomes immediate. But too much fear can make someone pull the trigger reflexively from the slightest sound or movement.

Better trigger discipline is required, and maybe some classes on how the # to control their fear. If a suspect is clearly armed though, I got no mercy. Grown adults who make the choice to use lethal intent at an officer, even if its a barbers blade have forfeit their life. A screwdriver, naw use the taser. ANY BLADED weapon though qualifies for a bullet in my book.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
To be honest OP I live in the UK and If I lived in some parts of the USA I would want a gun due to the animals that live there. We have bad badgers and such but not mountain lions and bears.
Plus it is good fun (heck I wish more would just admit it) I do the odd bit of clay pigeon shooting and really enjoy it.
I was talking to a pal of mine while sparring the other day with swords and there is something primal about holding a weapon it is weird.
Heck I must just be a caveman.
Yeah so OP who cares? let them have their gun culture it doesn't effect us does it?.
Also an unarmed USA? I couldn't imagine that.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Midnite247
Something that strikes me as odd, why is it recent cop shootings involve 1 cop hittin the guy with a taser then the next cop follows up witha bullet? .. Thought the idea of a taser was to illuminate the lethal force option? Not tag em up and slow em down for a kill shot!

I agree. And why always shoot to kill? Just shoot them somewhere that brings them down, or disarms them, but leaves them alive.
edit on 10/1/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Why do you people insist on punishing gun owners? Is it a phobia with you?

There is a term for it. Hoplophobia.

Hoplophobia is a political neologism coined by retired American military officer Jeff Cooper as a pejorative to describe an "irrational aversion to weapons."[1][2][3] It is also used to describe the "fear of firearms"[4][5] or the "fear of armed citizens."[6] Hoplophobia is a political term and not a recognized medical phobia.

en.wikipedia.org...

It should be acceppted in to popular venacular though since all the crap surrounding 'guns' is political in nature.

It's the only right for the last 80 years that has been systematically voted away ignoring clear rights defined in the Bill of Rights, and the 14th.

I prefer gunphobe.

After all 330 million Americans, and over 330 million gun owners are responsible for the actions of someone else.'

The foundation of gun control.
edit on 1-10-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I agree. And why always shoot to kill? Just shoot them somewhere that brings them down, or disarms them, but leaves them alive.

Staying alive in priority #1. Trying to pull off wild trick shots on moving targets without killing someone standing nearby just isn't something someone should be asked to prioritize. Especially over their own life.

Shoot center of mass, and i personally recommend at least 2 shots. if they die, they die. Better them than me, if the choice must be made.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

A gun shot ANYWHERE can result in your death. It's not like on TV.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
In the near future, if you want to travel on the street, go to a mall, attend a sporting event, enter a school, attend the prom, board a bus or a train or travel from one city to another on the highway, you will be subjected to the same TSA felonious and invasive search protocols in the pursuit of any of the aforementioned activities.

This is all part of the conditioning process in which the average citizen is being programmed to accept that it is the government that is the sovereign, not the people, and your body does not belong to you or your God, you are the unqualified property of the state.
It worked for Hitler, Stalin and Mao and now the same plan is being put together by Obama
The only missing element needed to begin to carry out genocide under a martial law crackdown is present except for the fact that American citizens are still armed..

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00018GE

Oh gee thanks, that's a real eye-opener.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00018GE

Oh gee thanks, that's a real eye-opener.

Well there is always option A.

'Shelter in place'.

Pray to god theres enough time to dial 911.

Hope the call goes through.

And wait for the police to come.

That is after they get there.

They set up a quarantine zone.

The go to city hall and get the blue prints.

Decide on a plan of action.

and wait.

And wait.

And wait.

And wait.

And then when they finally make the call to enter.

A person doesn't end up getting shot by the police.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes neo. There is your scenario, but then there is the more likely one in which the officer shoots the threatening person in the shoulder, he clutches his wound, and when he does, the other officers rush him and cuff him.

Not nearly as much drama as yours, but much more realistic.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Nothing realistic about that scenario.

Especially those hopped up on drugs.

There is a reason people are taught center mass.

edit on 1-10-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Statistics prove that Americans have the most guns per capita in the world, but not even in the top 100 of violent countries where citizens have guns. Out of 370 million people...those are good odds. As they say, guns don't kill people, people kill people. That recent truck in France that ran over all those people prove that a criminal doesn't really need a gun to kill mass people...but I don't hear you calling for the ban on trucks. You have simply fallen for media propaganda. Besides, even if they were to remove guns from the nation, they would have to pass a law. A law that only the "law abiding" citizens will follow, and criminals will not. This will leave every citizen, that would be respectful and responsible with a gun....defenseless, against those who would keep their guns regardless. Bad pan.

edit on 1-10-2016 by IlluminatiTechnician because: Grammar

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: angeldoll

Nothing realistic about that scenario.

Especially those hopped up on drugs.

There is a reason people are taught center mass.

Shoot first, and get a toxicology report during the autopsy? Gotcha.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join