It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google creating a new, unique operating system

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Google is making waves for an open source-centric mystery that may end up having profound implications

an extensive and unusual code repository for a new operating system called Fuchsia was discovered online

the OS is built on Magenta, a “medium-sized microkernel” that is itself based on a project called LittleKernel, which is designed to be used in embedded systems

"Magenta is a new kernel that powers the Fuchsia OS. Magenta is composed of a microkernel as well as a small set of userspace services, drivers, and libraries necessary for the system to boot, talk to hardware, load userspace processes and run them, etc. Fuchsia builds a much larger OS on top of this foundation."

Google is building this new OS seemingly from scratch, which could mean that it is reimagining longstanding kernel technology such as the Linux kernel

Source

There's plenty of articles about this on the internet, but speculation abounds. Google seems to be developing a brand new, unique open source operating system from scratch. Depending on what direction this goes, Google could be set to potentially revolutionize the operating system world. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Chrome OS is already here...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Google (Alphabet), has already been designated to be the leader in cataloging our lives in digital form for the NWO monitoring system. Sooner than later, you will see Google (Alphabet), integration with almost every "smart" device you use. What is not upfront and transparent in the name of convenience will be deeply embedded and only disclosed upon being exposed. Google is NWO, period.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
tis is the genesis of the 'borg'

google will soon team up with facebook and we're all puppets under their strings.

this OS will be nothing more than an elaborate tracking device.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Its simple. There is lot of lone wolfs.not just brown, white aswell. I would sleep easy if everyone tracked 24/7

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Facebook, IBM, and Google-owned British AI firm DeepMind on Wednesday announced a non-profit organization called "Partnership on AI" focused on helping the public understand the technology and practices in the field.

The move comes amid concerns that new artificial intelligence efforts could spin out of control and end up being detrimental to society.

Phys.org, Tech titans join to study artificial intelligence

So it is not just an OS they will be developing but down the road they plan being the people giving you AI. Which probably means it will cost you money. Get the OS free but want to do something useful then it will cost you. How's that for "computing as a service"?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

You hit the nail on it's head.

Thank You

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Your not so far away from the truth...
There are two directions currently. Trusted computing and with that comes the second sub direction, good old terminal style applications. The broadband connections get faster everyday and with LTE, it´s now possible to outsource the machine power to a server, like it was with terminals. With that, they have control over your data and can charge you for the processing power, too. It´s more resource friendly... There are pros and contras. From a privacy standpoint, just contras.

Even small scale sophisticated self learning algorithms are very power hungry and don´t get me started on memory. Even the fastest SSDs are not up to the task. Instead of spawning millions of instances of the same AI each within it´s own evolution stages does not make sense. There would be no benefit. The call is for a central AI that may be able to outsource different tasks. If I look at the concepts, google is laying the groundwork for that.

"Cloud computing" is laying the groundwork for people to be okay with their stuff being on some unaccessable drive somewhere, too.
The idea to encrypt everything asks for a secure way to store the keys. That can be biometric or even worse, a chip.
I´m not talking about the next 5 years, this is a long term plan. I don´t expect to be alive when all this get´s as normal as being expected to have a facebook account.
edit on 30-9-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

google will soon team up with facebook and we're all puppets under their strings.

Got anything to justify that, or are you just making crap up? It's open source, for one, and all indications are that it will be used for IoT devices...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

As I hate Google ... this is probably good move. IoT starts to be security nightmare because every piece run on some proprietary blackhole. Well designed opensource OS may help a lot.

Hey folks: It is OPEN SOURCE. You are free to audit code line by line and if you does not trust official signed repositories, you can compile code on your own machine.
It does not mean that it is impossible to hide something bad in the code (security flow lived undetected in OpenSSL for 10 years) but it will be difficult and risky.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Well, whatever Google do you can be sure it will be invasive and mine your data. Once you have ticked the 300 page terms and conditions your entire life will be theirs. Sad, but true.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I already have the best I operating system, it's called brains.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Is it called "Her"?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

everyone is tracked now - why aren't you sleeping easy?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Got anything to justify that, or are you just making crap up? It's open source, for one, and all indications are that it will be used for IoT devices...

Not as cut and dry as suggested but there is VERY compelling evidence that Google and Facebook received early funding from the "MIC".

This is nothing in itself as the MIC "speculates to accumulate" like all investors however the fact that there were several papers from spooky think-tanks which envisaged such "applications" long before they became an entrepreneurial reality should remind us of TOR and Bitcoin ( ...even the internet itself) and how they all seem to have similar, poorly defined origin stories.

This gives a fairly well verified account of the Google element and there are some interesting "there can be only one" references if the reader can be bothered to wade.

edit on 1-10-2016 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

Only problem there is that we only utilize about 10% of our "brains" capability's.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

No, that´s not true.
www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Possibly i should have said potential rather than capability.

Point is we certainly don't utilize the full capacity of the organ in question, no animal does really.

Dolphins use there heads more than humans do.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Yes we do. Over the course of a day you utilize up to 100%. Just not at the same time. If you read the article I posted, it makes things clear. It´s a long standing myth.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I think some one has been watching "Lucy"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join