It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Odd UFO Takeoff Video from Joshua Tree National Park

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hi ATS. Posting this for the more serious UFO-UAP researchers here. This is a very strange one. It took me a long time to wrap my head around this one after I discovered it from old video footage from a trip to Joshua Tree National Park.

I live in a UFO hotspot and over the last few years, I've caught some interesting UFO/UAP sightings on video...most by accident. I've shared some here, and have recently discovered a few more that I may share here in the future.

This one is kind of...very odd...so I thought I'd push this to the front of the line of captures to share with folks who are interested in this type of stuff.

This video was actually shot in April of 2011, but I didn't notice the unusual activity until I got a chance to take a closer look at it in Dec. 2015.

We had been driving in Joshua Tree National Park for about fifteen minutes until coming upon a huge bluff on the left. We pulled over and I started filming the area from inside the SUV. As the camera pans to the right, looking out of the open front right passenger window, an object in front of a large Joshua Tree takes off from the ground and shoots off upwards and to the right.

The shape then changes from a triangle to a blip or thick line. Some say it looks like a disc.

This was a difficult edit because of how relatively small the object appears to be in the beginning. If you look closely at slow version of this edit however, this mini triangle shaped object seems to project suddenly off to the right and upwards, rotating clockwise, with the corners of the object lighting up. By the time it gets to the trees it changes form and looks more like a blip or small cylinder.

I researched extensively for birds that can take off "that fast" from a standstill and was unable to find anything at all.

Even peregrine falcons, birds that can fly up to 240 miles per hour, only get that fast from a dive starting well above the ground. When watching it or any bird take off, you can see wings pushing against air and gravity to begin the flight...and its "slow"...extremely slow, (especially if taking off from the ground) in comparison to the speed at which this object is taking off.

So its not a bird by any means.

And no, not a bug or cgi.

Mini-surveillance drone??? All I know is that this one has my head spinning.

Views are described below to "scrub to" for those with little time or short attention span.

I am in no way stating this to be extra-terrestrial, alien, or a man-made drone. I have no idea what this is.

All I know is no animal can takeoff from standstill like that...much less change shape from triangle to blip/disc...whatever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

00:00-00:33 The entire clip with the take-off to the right at the :33 second mark. (There’s that number again.)

00:34-00:40 Shortened (still full speed) version ending with takeoff. Note how fast that thing takes off.

00:40-0:45 Chyron: What kind of a bird takes off from the ground that fast?

00:45-01:03 Extreme close-up of the object while the clip has been slowed down considerably. To bring out the features of the object I've adjusted contrast and brightness.

01:03-01:06 Chyron: Not a bird!!

01:07-01:26 Repeat of extreme slow close up using different filter.

01:27-01:30 Chyron: Tri-object rotating clockwise?

01:31-01:48 Repeat of extreme slow close up using black and white filter. Easier to see the triangle clearly in this one.

01:50-01:55 Repeat of shortened (still full speed) version ending with takeoff to contrast with last shot.

01:56-02:00 Repeat of shortened (now slower) version ending with takeoff to contrast with last shot. Note how small the object is as it starts out. In the air it is much larger than it was in the beginning.

02:01-02:08 Medium zoom-in and slowed down. Now you can see the colors of the mini-triangle as it hurtles itself forward and changes.

Object circled as it rises...

Closeup still from video.

After changing shape...

Took me a few moons to contemplate this one.

I finally decided to submit to sighting to MUFON. This is the first capture I've submitted to them.

It's thus far officially classified as an unknown. Case #78889

ufostalker.com...

Thanks for taking a look!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
IT is a bird. Why were you looking so hard for something?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I would say its a bug, The video isn't good enough quality to really define it as anything, could also be a bird but i couldnt make out wings, The definition is low you probably wouldn't see them anyway...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Those must be some damn small lil green men.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Beautiful park... I love it there.

Lot's of bugs flying around too

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Did you see it while there or later reviewing footage? It looks like a bug, but that's just an opinion, no disrespect meant.
Now if you saw object as it happened, then that negates bug theory and well, tis intriguing. Thanks for laying out all info too, and yea, I look forward to further analysis.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I also vote bug.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: StarnatalSandia

I just want to say that playing U2 at Joshua Tree gets immense kudos!!!

About the thing...I don't know, there seems to be no acceleration, but rather an instant speed to the object/insect/thing.

Interesting.

Oh and you should get extra points for a very well presented thread!

edit on 30-9-2016 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Going to go with
insect close to the camera.
Angle of camera making it look like it took off from the ground.
Pixelation causing triangle shape or it's a triangle shaped insect.
The changing shape from the insect turning its body..

Seems to fly like an insect to me. I'm going with that for now.
i dont have the best vision. Was having a little trouble seeing it in the close up and enhanced portions of the video.

well damn! was no replies when i first starting writing this. was looking at the video while typing.
edit on 30-9-2016 by ishum because: cuz

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Best yet in-depth, detailed investigation of blurry bird or bug.

Star for effort.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Seriously? Whatever you got to do to gets hits on your YouTube...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Oh, come on. You're not seriously suggesting UFO for this thing! It's a bird.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You could go for a humming bird in the park, they are the tiniest of creatures, and can hover, seemingly erratically.
Here's one very close up and it's still tiny.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
Seriously? Whatever you got to do to gets hits on your YouTube...

I responded to OP without actually checking his channel. You are correct, shameless attempt at hit gathering.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It could be a bug.

It may look to be going "so fast" because it is close to the camera. Objects close to the camera have a shorter distance to cover across the field of view of the camera.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Move along folks, nothing to see here, unless you're into entomology.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Put me on the list for BUG- it reminds me of a grasshopper- they can launch themselves like a rocket with their powerful hind legs, and then when they have reached cruising altitude they begin to fly (yes they have wings). My second vote would be hummingbird. My third vote would be secret space program rocket piloted by Corey Goode and Captain Kaye.

ADDED: I looked at Joshua Tree National Park Websitewebsite regarding insects and did not find anything about grasshoppers, however, they do list a creature known as Green Darner that might fit the bill.
edit on 9302016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

edit on 9302016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Maybe someone shooting a clay pigeon at level 35? Interesting..

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: StarnatalSandia

I worked hard to capture a screen print of the frame that I wanted but I'm using yours as I got the same view.

I agree that you have recorded something unusual and not what some members erroneously see, bugs, birds, etc. They're out of touch. There is something wrong with their vision and their comments are not worth a grain of salt. I don't agree that your later frames show the object rising from the base of the tree, it rises exactly under where you froze the frame. You don''t see the angle you tried to prove. The object rises right above where it's shown. And in subsequent frames you can see that the top of the object is "white".

The object rose from about 150-200 feet from your camera and I estimate its size to be approx. 25 feet plus or minus. I don't see it going through any physical changes.

Good catch and don't let the naysayers affect you, they're probably jealous they didn't video it.

edit on 30-9-2016 by klassless because: To add text.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I do think you caught something interesting.
Whether or not it's terrestrial or extraterrestrial is the question.

To tell the truth I really don't care which.

Could you explain why you felt why the "energy off that mountain" was intense?
Why U2 Red Hill Minning Town was playing on your cars system?

I'm not trying to sound like an ass.
Just CURIOUS.
Like I have been all my life.

Thanks.

PS. I envy you seeing that beautiful landscape.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join