It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Odd UFO Takeoff Video from Joshua Tree National Park

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: klassless

Not my pictures I used them as an example to show that unless you know equipment the image was taken with your guess was pointless.

Consider the distance and size you estimated how exactly did you arrive at that

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: klassless

originally posted by: fleabit
Looks like a bug, and it's laughable to even argue otherwise. It's completely black.. so even though quite sunny, no reflection. It moves just like a bug moving close and fast near the camera. Please don't make this stupid video into another like the ridiculous 100+ page video about a white umbrella in someone's back yard. There is nothing there to suggest it's far from the camera, is metallic, or is NOT a bug. Without a point of reference, saying it is 25 feet or whatever is laughable.

It's.. a... bug.

Actually, your lack of logic is laughable.

What logic did you use to determine the object could only be far away from the camera?

Again, here's a picture (this is a still image from a video I posted a page or two ago) of an object that is most likely a 1 cm-long spider on the camera lens . But in reality, this could be a 2-meter long spider that is 10 meters from the camera. How can you tell how far away it is...

...well, other than the fact that it is crawling on the lens...but let's ignore that. What if instead of crawling on the lens, the spider was passing through the frame, like the object in the video. How could you tell how far away and how large the spider was?

edit on 2016-10-3 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

klassless will say it's 200 ft away and 25ft across how can that SMALL object in the op video be so small looking if it was 25ft across

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Rather than address the doubtless several claims that this object, is an insect or some kind of a nuclear powered

bird, time is better spent posting these photos to further clarify the dimensions of the location.

The "tree" is less than 100ft from the road, and is circled in these overhead and ground level photos.

I was able to go back to the site and videotape the area and the base of the tree.

The object had to have been at least a foot wide or more in comparison to the trunk of the tree. If we have "bugs"

that large flying around, then a live enactment of Starship Troopers is obviouly imminent.

Whatever kind of drone this is, which is what I think it is...doesnt appear to be a model one can find online or at

Walmart. The silence and the speed make it very unusual.

Very busy time. Ill address questions later. Thanks for taking a look.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: StarnatalSandia

The tree may be less than a 100ft from the road but the object could have been a LOT closer the quality of the video is not good enough some info on the camera or phone used would be useful.

edit on 4-10-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: StarnatalSandia

I was able to go back to the site and videotape the area and the base of the tree.

The object had to have been at least a foot wide or more in comparison to the trunk of the tree. If we have "bugs" that large flying around, then a live enactment of Starship Troopers is obviouly imminent.

as 'wmd_2008" points out above, you are making that size determination based on the assumption that the object was near the tree rather than near the camera. In reality, we cannot determine how far the object is from the camera, nor can we say with any certainty whatsoever that the object is near that tree.

It's somewhere in between the camera and the tree, but where exactly is unknown

I'll again go back to this image below (that I previously posted above). Using your logic, the spider in this image would be out by the launch pad because its leg is covering part of the pad and shuttle -- and would be larger than the shuttle itself:

edit on 2016-10-4 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: StarnatalSandia

This thread has run its course as it seems that the lunatics have taken over the asylum. I stand by my comments and nothing that has been added since by me and one other member makes it worthwhile to continue. You are all beating around the bush (pun intended). I'm right, you are all wrong including the OP.

Ciao.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: klassless

That's typical disappear before explaining your 25ft claim for the size of the object when the tree is less than 100 ft away

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
UPDATE: Object starts as triangular pod shape from the “lower left hand corner of the screen.”

Hi ATS:

This sighting / accidental video capture from Joshua Tree really blew my mind and continues to do so.

And, as with other experiences like these, the process of discovering things around the video has been an extended process.

In this case I had the video in the editor so that I could make some screenshots of the object “taking off”.

As I was “scrubbing” through video in slow motion back and forth, I saw this large dot moving from the lower left hand of the screen.

Finally, I saw where the “triangle” originated from.

This thing actually flies low to the ground from the lower left hand corner of the screen, keeping a “triangular-pod” type shape until it gets to the tree.

Looking at the distance between our truck and the furthest right tree, the object is going in excess of 320 mph…

Once again, I’ve scoured the web for any kind of Peregrine Falcon, Eagle or any animal that can change shape like this.

….but I’m not saying it’s aliens….

Exploring these things takes time.

Thanks for taking a look at one of the most mind bending captures I never thought I’d see.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: StarnatalSandia

UPDATE: Object starts as triangular pod shape from the “lower left hand corner of the screen.”

Your new update for this old thread still does not address why you think this object is at a relatively far distance from the camera (and thus allegedly moving very fast) instead of it just being a bug that was actually very close to the camera, and thus could have been moving at "bug speed".

edit on 18/7/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join