It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO: Food, water, power, gas, economy collapsed, no open stores, what will you do?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Here's what happened....

Over the course of one year, all hell broke lose.

This is what happened:

1) The economy and stock market collapsed

2) All the stores slowly closed

3) All the banks closed, even cash became worthless

4) All the food ran out and dried up, no place to get any

5) All the utilities stopped working, no power, no water, to gas, nothing

6) Radio, tv, internet, phones, all communications went down, except for the odd ham pirate radio station.

7) all emergency services are gone. No hospitals or clinics, no cops, no fire department, nothing.

All the while you got by and you, like many others were waiting for the turn around. Waiting for the lights to come back on, and everything to be okay. Eventually you realized that nothing is going to return to normal.

Your stuck in a major city. Gangs roam the streets. The people that are left are too afraid to go outside, most of the time.

Now you have no food, no water, nothing left. What do you do??? Please explain it to us in detail. Thank you.

edit on 30-9-2016 by bigpatato because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: bigpatato

Here is when the youngster's training thru school system comes in handy stand erect put hands in air and give up!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Start eating people what else. No women no kids until all the men have run out and then I can only manage one child per sitting I aint greedy.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Start hunting rats, cats and dogs...should keep me alive for a while, then try to get out of the city, and live of the land.
edit on 30-9-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

you'll eventually get sick eating that.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Well Lavatrance, you'll be fine, because you'll have all that hardtack.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Climb the golden ladder I guess.
But not without a fight.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigpatato

you'll eventually get sick eating that.

Well, then i'm #ed, but i tried...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Don't worry eating people doesn't make you sick
(physically anyhow)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

find a prepper.. wait for them to leave the house... track them... kill them... return to the house. tell the wife and kids they can leave, or accept theres a new boss in town and stay..

gorge and pillage... until i leave the house one day and someone else is tracking me.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

hardtack seems to not last actually as long as I thought it might. There's obviously some special trick to making it last.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Gonna be so much easier to do all that here in the UK.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

ya it does. You can't eat people or you'll go nuts.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

just ask them to see if you can join them. If they say "no get off my land" do that. Then return at night and set fire to their house. then if they leave you might be able to come back later and salvage their stockpile.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

You gottta cook them right make sure the meat is over 84 degrees.
Also not in the UK seeing most don't already carry Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease. You jst got to make sure they are not unwell before popping them in the pot.
(been playing fallout 4 this morning so I'm in the mood
)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

but does that kill the worms eggs too?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Don't worry eating people doesn't make you sick
(physically anyhow)

Uh, you don't know a lot about cannibalism do you?

It's called Kuru

We're to learn right?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Ting is it is about time....If your scenrio happened even with the best will in the world we wouldn't have a lot of time seeing the radiation from the many failed nuclear plants and all the chemical plants have leaked everywhere so we would all die anyhow soon enough (watch life after people when the chemical factories fail what happens) so I wouldn't be bothered about getting ill from a worm or maybe getting mad cow disease I just want me some meat for mad max days
(Totally in jest I would actually have a band of merry knights with coconut shells for horses).

I do have a bug out place btw with food and fresh water supply...I would wait it out a few months and then see.
edit on 30-9-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I live in a third world country... Out in the sticks... Places to buy food or trade for food consist of a charcoal grill on the side of the road when someone has killed their chicken or pig to sell.

Electricity goes out at least twice a month as does the internet and many other things first world countries think they cannot live without. Only in up scale shopping malls are they on inventory computers... Electric goes out they do not sell.. However all the open air marts are cash and carry and usually considerable cheaper.. We have 15 100 pound bags of rice from last years harvest and I have several lakes with fish all within walking distance or a bicycle. Rats, snakes, and other critters while not plentiful can be found. Asians know how to cook anything and make it tasty....

Everyone in my neck of the woods knows each other or is related..

My biggest problem is it gets darn hot and I don't have a dependable slave to fan me when the electricity goes out..

Banks close and no money would be a real pain for the nicer things in life.. But I think we would survive because there are so many around here that have been surviving with nothing for so long it will just be another day in their life..

Big cities and a few months after the disaster.... That could and would be very problematic IMO.. Chicago and many other cities are already a problem and TSHF hasn't even happen yet...
edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I have 3 hollow points put away. If it comes to the obvious end or capture....one for my dog, one for my wife and the last one for me....

Thats the worst case and final no-way-out end of all options....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join