It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO: Food, water, power, gas, economy collapsed, no open stores, what will you do?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: crustyjuggler27

yup,that works! How do you get the concrete reinforced bunker supplies up the mountain? And 50k weekend hunters shooting all those self replenishing deer and elk? Nice dream,not realistic

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter
your scenario is flawed for me. I wouldn't wait around in a city for it to get that bad. I'd have a garden set up, with plenty of game coming in way out in the bush, and I don't think I'll be running out of water anytime soon living in the land of 10k lakes.

What's the land of 10k lakes?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: crustyjuggler27

wow I had no idea there was such a thing. That's so awesome! If one was to get one of those you could essencially build a nice cabin without the need for gas. I like it. Solar powered saw mill, that's so wild!

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Probably just die. Might do something crazy like try and kill and eat some marauding raider or something first to sate a cannibalism curiosity as at that point we've hit # it anyway, might as well. Most likely just die in the process. Oh well I deserved it for trying to hunt and eat someone anyway. Might become a Wendigo or something...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bigpatato

An area up in Minnesota. But the region could be considered to include a good part of Wisconsin, and upper Michigan and even part of Ontario. Basically it's northwoods territory. It has it's own particular breed of redneck, many things in common but still different from those in the south, farm-country, or backwoods/Appalachia. If you can watch some episodes of Red-Green Show (although dated by now), then you'll understand. So perhaps best to stay out of the way or make yourself useful, however if you're messing things up when things are that crazy - I'd suspect long-pig would be an unmentioned menu option that's not ruled out for those long harsh winters.

As for my own situation? Given my location I'd probably try to join the Pirates of Lake Michigan. (Not a thing yet, but I'm sure it would be given the scenario.) Setting sail and mostly doing fishing or whatever, but probably setting up camp in one of the more remote lakeside towns in winter when it ices over into an arctic wasteland.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Start eating people what else. No women no kids until all the men have run out and then I can only manage one child per sitting I aint greedy.
Lol

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Start eating people what else. No women no kids until all the men have run out and then I can only manage one child per sitting I aint greedy.
Lol

I'm not sure if you can really and survive. They say people get sick if they eat other people. Besides why would you want to. I'd rather die, or eat bugs way before people.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Step 1. Be armed
Step 2. Get the hell out of the city
Step 3. Keep going
Step 4. Join or start a community away from cities

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigpatato

All the while you got by and you, like many others were waiting for the turn around. Waiting for the lights to come back on, and everything to be okay. Eventually you realized that nothing is going to return to normal.

Your stuck in a major city. Gangs roam the streets. The people that are left are too afraid to go outside, most of the time.

Now you have no food, no water, nothing left. What do you do??? Please explain it to us in detail. Thank you.

Well living the UK I'd have probably built some rain-catchers to either obviously catch rain or at least to catch the morning moisture and set up a few so I could save a few litres at the very least.

Arm myself with something like an axe or knife and travel with a light rucksack during the night time to get out of the city.

Depending on the situation I'd scout out a few towns and villages, see if there's any threats. If there's nothing visible I'd cautiously go check for supplies after stashing everything but my water, bag and weapon. If I find anything in the abandoned house and stores I'd make a stash somewhere and conceal anything I can use for a later point. All the while looking for food of any sort.

When suitably equipped I'd either sleep in the attic of a house for a few days to further scope the town or head out into the country and make a shelter providing I had the materials. Somewhere concealed but with a source of running water.

With enough containers and a heat source I'd boil up as much as possible and store it. Food would be my biggest problem, but I think my first port of call would either be abandoned supermarkets provided they ain't looted or possibly look for some nearby farms and look for chickens, eggs, orchards, fruit or honey and any living animals that I could possibly breed or butcher for meat and skins etc. Even seedlings and whatever may be growing in the soil.

I'd later fashion fish traps and nets, squirrel snares and gather plenty of firewood in preparation for the colder seasons. I'd get planting whatever seeds could grow at whatever time of year it is and hope for the best in that regard.

I'd also try and camouflage my base as much as possible in the trees, away from any major points of interest and try my very best to acquire some binoculars to scout out areas and look for signs of life and get a feel for the general situation now that winter is over. If people are hostile, I'd just stay away and try be as self sufficient as possible, possibly building a back up shelter or two in other areas and storing spare gear should I ever lose it or break it or have it robbed.

To avoid detection, I'd make sure my fires were concealed in a stone pit, deep in the woods and only try and keep it lit during the night to avoid smoke giving away my position, although I'd imagine this would be horrible during the winter months.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I know we have our disagreements on the Brexit deal, but your post was not too dissimilar to mine

Kudos.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Go fishing.

How many lakes in the US have fish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join