It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I keep warping into a different reality/universe during sleep

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
This does not occur every night, though some nights it does, and I cannot predict exactly when it will happen. I will wake up in what appears to be a reality that's like a parallel universe. My cousin has a chill, goofy demeanor, but I saw 'him' in this parallel universe, and he was cold, irritated and I did not feel comfortable being around him.
I have rather bad insomnia due to this reason. I've had some people chase me and try to stab me, and all in all I've had a lot more weird/bad encounters there. The encounters only last for a few minutes and then I wake up and everything's normal again. But what I've seen in that world has traumatized me for lack of a better word. I've seen a kid get murdered, I saw a man get hanged by a mob in the woods, I saw some guy hit his head and break his neck then being hauled off into an ambulance, I saw my brother but with red eyes, etc. frightening stuff that still upsets me to this day.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 1MisterLeonard1

These are called "dreams". Happens to the best of us.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Doesn't matter what you want to call this phenomenon. I worry about my wellbeing and my life. There's been situations where I have been chased by someone with a knife, and also threatened. I almost drowned in one case when I spawned in deep water which was cold so the shock made me unable to swim for a while and I went under.
edit on 29-9-2016 by 1MisterLeonard1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Heavy, heavy sigh. No, you don't. Those are dreams. Everyone has them. And, yes, I know they seem real, but which is more likely...you "warping" between realities...or you're dreaming?
Yeah.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Does not matter what you want to call this phenomenon. My life has been at risk in some situations, as aforementioned in my above reply.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I've dreamt alot. I've dreamt of things so dark and nightmarish, many of which make those things in your OP seem like a nice slumber, Things that defy even imagination.

So far, I'm still alive.

So far, these dreams only allowed me to better tame my fears.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

I've dreamt alot. I've dreamt of things so dark and nightmarish, many of which make those things in your OP seem like a nice slumber, Things that defy even imagination.

So far, I'm still alive.

So far, these dreams only allowed me to better tame my fears.

r your safs the case, then I do fear a little for your safety. It has been scientifically proven that 'dreams' are real and can physically harm you, or even kill you. I take this very seriously and I wish you the best. It's at least nice to know I'm not the only one suffering this torment.
edit on 29-9-2016 by 1MisterLeonard1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Well, yeah, it does matter what you call it. You claim you're jumping between dimensions, I say you're dreaming. See the huge difference here?
I've had horrific dreams, of dying in the most awful ways you can think of. I'm still here.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I had a dream last night that myself and an old girlfriend were hyperdimensional tetris pieces that wandered through a portal into a null dimension, where we spent the rest of eternity wandering around the void (no light, no sound...) looking for the exit.

Ever watched a cat sleep? They have much simpler lives, and generally have simple dreams- chasing rodents, drinking water...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I ALWAYS get this, its called false awakening. You are having a dream, you wake up, can't kind your pants, you are running late for work, your dog is trying to eat you, then you wake up for real when the alarm goes off.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

Ever had that one where you wake up just enough to know you need to pee really bad, think you've got up and went to the bathroom and just as you start to pee, you wake up and realize you're still in bed........
and there's a damp spot on your sheet?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I met a devil in one of my dreams. Long story short I and a group of my friends all killed each other in the name of Caiden, then we were revived by Caiden when he slit the back of our necks and put his thumb on the base of our skulls.

It seemed so real but it wasn't it was a dream, actually it was a series of dreams a bit like re-runs till it was done right.

Keep a dream diary, if anything dreams can bring great source material for stories. Dreams are but imagination, trust me. I've died plenty of times in my dreams and lost limbs... Particularly hate it when my arms get stuck in the air, why the hell can't I lower my arms?

Anyways, despite all the weird and wonderful I've dreamt nothing has crossed over into reality and as far as I'm aware nothing can. Except memories.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1MisterLeonard1
r your safs the case, then I do fear a little for your safety. It has been scientifically proven that 'dreams' are real and can physically harm you, or even kill you.

How can dreams harm you? You said this has been scientifically proven, please post links so that we can read those scientific explanations.

I say this with the utmost respect: have you seen somebody regarding your insomnia and regarding your paranoia about dreams? This is just a forum, perhaps you should seek professional help, to feel better as you are clearly distressed by these experiences.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

When we sleep, our brain does a trick to reduce all that daily gathered data into a smaller package. It runs scenarios, simulating different responses to emotions and situations so that should such things occur in the real world, we are prepared with adequate responses without going through the long process of considering what our possible actions should be. It is a speculative self-defense operation to prepare us to react properly to danger.

Often in dreams, the largest initial component is a strong emotion, we then justify the strong emotion by making up a story - the narrative of our dream. The strong emotion comes first and then the story happens as we try and solve our way out.

Dreams do have a small substance borrowed from real experience but are largely complete fantasy. One of the things that happens to our bodies while we dream is an inablility to move physically in response to the dream. Again this is protective, to prevent us hurting ourselves.

Next time you have a dream, note that the majority of the story that actually makes sense happens as you are waking up. The component of the dream that happens in deep sleep is vague and hard to remember. This is because it is usually the emotive phase that preceeds the formation of the story. It doesn't make sense to the awake mind because the emotions and images are quite random and devoid of real necessity to have a reason or sequence.

edit on 29/9/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Ever had that one where you wake up just enough to know you need to pee really bad, think you've got up and went to the bathroom and just as you start to pee, you wake up and realize you're still in bed........

More than a wet "spot".

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan

More than a wet "spot".

Well, technically it's still just a spot. Just a really big one.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Don't worry, OP. As long as you don't dream of dying, you'll be fine.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

What a strange wet dream. Do you have a watersports fetish?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I used to have dreams like this while I was taking the SSRI Cipralex (escitilopram). I was given this medication to mitigate the effects of Anxiety and Depression and it seriously messed me up. My symptoms were a result of my environment, work and personal life at the time. The Medication was completely unnecessary and like many of these drugs, prescribed wrong and had serious adverse effects on my sanity, as well as temperament. I became extremely irritable, violent and began to dip into psychosis. I believed people were out to get me, I would have extremely vivid unsettling dreams that started to warp my sense of reality.. To put it plainly I pretty much thought this world was fake, that world was fake and that it all needed to end.

My now wife, Fiance at the time clued into this pretty quick and helped me find another doctor which i was not receptive to at the time. We weened off the SSRI, and I've ever looked back. My lifestyle, friends, family, work and environment are far more stable. I won't lie, I still have anxiety just not nearly as bad with the support of those around me. I hardly ever feel depressed, but when I do i understand it's okay to feel that way and it will pass in time.

I'm not saying those types of med's don't help people, but your manic posting style and content strike very close to mine at that time on a different account. That account got banned and rightfully so the direction I was heading was extremely frightening.

I wish you all the best, just know dreams like this what ever the cause may be will pass in time. Please share your thoughts and feelings with someone you trust. Family is usually more understanding but if you have another friend loved one that can help you work through your woes. If ever you need an unbiased listener you are entirely welcome to hit my inbox up. I will do my best to hear you out and keep my thoughts to myself. Sometimes just getting it out is a big help. You could always try to journal if that's your style as well.

Sincrely,

Aesh....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join