It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops: Tim Kaine Claims Election Date is in the Constitution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The Democrat VP candidate Tim Kaine was trying his best to defile Trump for comments about the debate next Monday being during a NFL football game.

Tim seemed to get a little carried away and made a comment about election day in November being defined in the Constitution.

He may have been joking but I doubt it.

Oops: Tim Kaine Claims Election Date is in the Constitution

During a small rally in Reno on Thursday, Kaine attempted to mock Trump for pointing out the first presidential debate will conflict with Monday Night Football.

“How dare the framers of the Constitution mandate that the presidential election be during football season,” Kaine said sarcastically. “It’s an outrage the Constitution requires the presidential election to be in football season.”….

But the Constitution doesn’t require the election to be held in the fall. In fact, it says nothing about a date.
Article II, Section I:

The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

“How dare the framers of the Constitution mandate that the presidential election be during football season Kaine said sarcastically,” . 

He may have been joking but I doubt it. 

Read your own source. He was being facetious. This is a reach...even for you.

edit on 30117America/ChicagoFri, 23 Sep 2016 19:11:50 -050030pm30266America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
There was no football at the time the Constitution was framed . So Kaine is either joking or a box of rocks . I bet the latter. Just a poor soul trying to fit in with the folks

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: xuenchen

“How dare the framers of the Constitution mandate that the presidential election be during football season Kaine said sarcastically,” . 

Kaine said sarcastically

Read your own source. He was being facetious. This is a reach...even for you.

Those words were added by a journalist.

How do you know it was sarcasm ?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Tim who? Is that the doctor that needs to be with Hillary at all times? Oh, wait... that is the guy that will be president when they kill off Hillary's double after she wins the election. Hard to keep up with the DNCs shenanigans.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

"no football"? didn't they use the heads of their enemies as a fotball?
Wait , I saw that in Braveheart, that was with William Wallace different continent, diffrerent time.
I must stop using tv as my history source?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Gothmog

"no football"? didn't they use the heads of their enemies as a fotball?
Wait , I saw that in Braveheart, that was with William Wallace different continent, diffrerent time.
I must stop using tv as my history source?

No , thatwould gave been an entirely different country and time in history

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You'd have to be pretty dumb to miss the fact that Kaine was obviously joking. The article even points this out.

Nice try OP, but this is a fail.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
There have been 50 Super Bowls, and only 44 presidents.

I think Kaine is on to something!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Did you watch the video. Clearly he's joking. You'd have to be completely dense to have missed the sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: xuenchen

Did you watch the video. Clearly he's joking. You'd have to be completely dense to have missed the sarcasm.

When Trump does the same thing it is the end of the world. Cut the crap.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Slightly different context for one. For another, Trump also goes back and forth saying it's sarcasm, but not really, but it is, but it's not.....but he's really serious........but only joking........but ya know, not joking.......only he's seriously, joking, or not....but maybe...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Do you read your sources or just post anything that you think is going to hurt Clinton?

Here is a Clip of that quote. Seems pretty sarcastic when heard aloud.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Slightly different context for one. For another, Trump also goes back and forth saying it's sarcasm, but not really, but it is, but it's not.....but he's really serious........but only joking........but ya know, not joking.......only he's seriously, joking, or not....but maybe...

Hillary will continue Obama's Judge conversion to all liberals and then watch our freedoms vanish.

How Liberal Judges Took Control of 70% of US Appeals Courts

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I don't support Hillary either. I think they are both going to f*ck up this country and it's people. Just in very different ways.

Where you see a Win or Lose Election I see a Lose or Lose Election.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I don't support Hillary either. I think they are both going to f*ck up this country and it's people. Just in very different ways.

Where you see a Win or Lose Election I see a Lose or Lose Election.

Trump will not push liberal judge's. That is a win. Trump all the way.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
find an presidential election year where one of the debates didn't compete with a football game though. I do believe that there isn't one.
and yet, there hasn't been any other complaints about it.... till TRUMP!!
as if a football game is more important than the election for president!
maybe if it was the super bowl, but it isn't.

and to be frank, there trump, I wouldn't vote for simply because I think he's nuts! there's hillary I wouldn't vote for because I don't believe she knows what the truth is. there's pence who would try to make the country in a "christian nation" , certainly ain't gonna vote for him.. and there's Kaine, who at least I can say did a pretty good job as governor of virginia! he's the only one in my opinion among the four worth the time of consideration.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

No, he'll appoint a Radical Right Wing Christian Biased White Nationalist Judge instead. I don't want to see either extreme on the political scale become a Supreme Court Judge.

Judges are supposed to be unbiased and neutral and support the Constitution and Rule of Mans Law. They shouldn't be partisan or leaning to a political agenda in their decision making.

I realize that isn't possible to some degree as everyone has a lean of some kind but any far right or far left lean isn't a good choice.

But this is way off topic BTW.
edit on 23-9-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Funny Joke Tim ... Ok not really, but he tried and that's all that matters.

So back to the important topic; why is the debate being help during Monday Night football. Who's idea was that ... it's kinda dumb ... or calculated, depending on your cynicism.

I don't watch football ... I probably won't watch the debate (opting to read the transcript the next day) ... but seriously the people who decided these things obviously wanted to insure the least number of viewers possible. Why?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

No, he'll appoint a Radical Right Wing Christian Biased White Nationalist Judge instead.

Trump doesn't seem the Christian type to me ... why would he need to appease them once he is done using them to get elected?... it doesn't seem logical.
edit on 23-9-2016 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join