It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Vid] Keith Lamont Scott shooting. Officer seen planting gun?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The first video is a full length version on which Scott's wife can be heard asking the police to not shoot her husband.

The second video is a narrated version by a MSNBC host who notices one of the officers "flicking" something on to the ground which appears to be shaped like a gun.
Not sure what to believe.

According to this article, neighbors said that Scott would routinely have a cane and book in hand:

Neighbors said Scott was disabled. A husband and wife who lived across the street from the family said they saw Scott daily, walking the complex with a cane and a book in his hand. “He did the same things every day,” said the wife, who with her husband has lived in the neighborhood for four years.

Is it possible that the police planted evidence in order to justify the shooting?

We like to think and believe that an officer of the law wouldnt do such a thing but unfortunately, these things do happen.

St. Louis cop caught on film planting a gun on a man he just killed.

edit on 23-9-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Not calling bs but do you honestly think officers just carry around a spare gun to throw off a scene? I am just trying to wrap my head around the logistics of this.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The second video, start at 0:14 an look at the red circle. You will see the gun dropping, while the man is on the ground. It comes from an high angle and I think it´s obvious what they did... Now I´m not so sure if the one removed a magazine? Is this common practice, to remove the magazine on the offenders weapon and clear the chamber?

Is it not supposed to be left alone for evidence squat?
edit on 23-9-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well they were supposedly there for another reason so perhaps the gun dropped was intended for the other party then when things went south they just inserted it into this case.?. In this instance I can see the logicc in that, otherwise it would be mindboggling to think most cops carry around an unlinkable gun to use as a plant.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

It's a glove and the glove doesn't fit.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
The second video, start at 0:14 an look at the red circle. You will see the gun dropping, while the man is on the ground. It comes from an high angle and I think it´s obvious what they did... Now I´m not so sure if the one removed a magazine? Is this common practice, to remove the magazine on the offenders weapon and clear the chamber?

Is it not supposed to be left alone for evidence squat?

It's not obvious - the officers could have picked it up from close to him and thrown it away from the body.
It will become clearer once the body cam videos are released.

It's incredibly unwise for MSNBC to be speculating on this and adding more fuel to the fire.
edit on 23/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
WEIRD!!!

It's hard to make out what is going on. The first one nice and clear but it pans off right at the money moment. The 2nd has full view but its crappy quality.

Who does the throwing I cant tell. The first from from where does it even come from.

I mean dude could just be emptying his pockets, but it mos def looks WEIRD!
edit on 23-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

The object clearly travels in a trajectory, this is no video artifact. first it isn't there, then it is.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: KungfuStu
Now that you say it, it does somehow look likes he´s trying to slip in another glove. Good eyes!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Watched the first video submitted bythe Scott family. It appears that aaround 1:56 the victim is on the ground shot. The gun is against his leg on the pavement. The Black officer on right steps over and kicks the gun out and away from the body and shadows that the cop in red vest is creating. I do NOT see any police planting a gun in this footage from Scott Family.

edit: Second video shown seems too contrived compared to the original. They edited out the fact that the gun is beside the man's leg, you can see the glint of the barrel just past the whiteness of his shoe. THe officer steps over and uses his foot to move the gun away.
edit on 9 23 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Yeah in the first one its like its edited in CGI trickery or something it looks so strange the way if goes.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel
Not calling bs but do you honestly think officers just carry around a spare gun to throw off a scene? I am just trying to wrap my head around the logistics of this.

My Dad was a Cop for 30 years.

He and most of his men had throw down guns.

They take guns off people all the time.

Cops plan on going home after their shift.

Whether you go home or not was Optional.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You see that strike? That´s when I edited. Partly my fault but I decided to strike it so it would not just disappear. But since you have the edit in your quote I have to ask, did you not read further?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Don't color me shocked.

Honestly, there is so much pressure brought to bear on LEO this summer, it seems almost a logical out. Not condoning it, just - if it is true - understanding the motivation. It's still wrong...just also a symptom of our broken system. Something has got to change. Hearts, minds, training, philosophy. All of the above.
edit on 9/23/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Wow, not good for Charlotte. I have a feeling the police never saw this video until the family released it.

Those items are in the same spot where a bystander snapped a shot of the alleged gun.

If this is true, Charlotte might be the next Ferguson. Now it will be even more suspicious if the police do not release their video.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Pretty #ty. Really got nothing else.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The first couple times I watched the video (in the original thread) it appeared to me that the officer in red dropped the gun.

Unfortunately the only time she drifts the camera away from the scene is when the gun appears, go figure!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Honestly, on the first video that shows the scott family footage can anyone capture 1:58 and you will see the gun is laying right there on the right side of his body by his shin on the pavement. I just started using this stupid win 10 pc and alt prnt doesn't work like before! Aargh. The gun is there the whole time and not dropped by anyone. It just gets kicked aside.

edit on 9 23 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Sticking to the glove theory. The officer looks to me is putting on gloves at the time, probably because of there being blood everywhere. Second when the object is "flicked" it doesn't seem to bounce or slide. and thirdly even it the picture provided, compared to the closest officers shoe the blurry object looks way too small to be a gun. Although I admit in its blurriness it does look roughly gun shaped.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Something very bizarre happens from 2:00 to 2:12 in the first video. The officer in red does something, and it happens to be when most of the other officers aren't really paying attention.

I think his wife might have missed it because the way the camera panned away for a few seconds she probably looked away at that time.

It's weird, that's all I'm saying.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join